Robby Anderson: players play and coaches coach.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i'm not so sure about the 'go' route being all that hard.  it's either just burn up the field or put a little hitch a few yards off the los to move the db off a bit before burning up the field.  if anything it's the hardest for the qb to throw since he has to hold the ball the longest and then the distance is that much greater.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The last part sounds like shots at Gase. I honestly think Robby leaves because he doesn’t like the coach. That has always been my conclusion. Better money, better situation and no more Gase. Why wouldn’t he leave?

He's praised Gase in the past.  I can try and find the tweet but it might take me a bit.  All he's trying to say is that the Go route is the toughest route to run in football (again, it's not, sorry Robby) and that just because his past coaches haven't asked him to run more intricate routes, doesn't mean he can't.  I don't really see it as a shot at anyone, moreso a defense of his abilities.

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

He's praised Gase in the past.  I can try and find the tweet but it might take me a bit.  All he's trying to say is that the Go route is the toughest route to run in football (again, it's not, sorry Robby) and that just because his past couches haven't asked him to run more intricate routes, doesn't mean he can't.  I don't really see it as a shot at anyone, moreso a defense of his abilities.

I could see that being the case. We’ll see where it goes, honestly, I’d rather have him back with us for 4 years and continue adding on to the WR’s unit. I’m just not so optimistic that he’ll stay.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I could see that being the case. We’ll see where it goes, honestly, I’d rather have him back with us for 4 years and continue adding on to the WR’s unit. I’m just not so optimistic that he’ll stay.

I think he's gonna price us out.  Like you said, we'll see though.  I just don't wanna give the guy 14-15+.  This class is sooooooo deep and depending on FA, we could actually be looking at a Round 1 WR after retooling the OL.  There are just so many moving parts that it's really hard to predict what they will do with Robby.

• Sympathy 1

5 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think he's gonna price us out.  Like you said, we'll see though.  I just don't wanna give the guy 14-15+.  This class is sooooooo deep and depending on FA, we could actually be looking at a Round 1 WR after retooling the OL.  There are just so many moving parts that it's really hard to predict what they will do with Robby.

I hope he stays but you may be right, he'll probably chase the largest contract. The thing is you take away Anderson from this offense and any threat of the deep ball is gone. Crowder, Enunwa?, Bell, Thomas are not burners. Even in the draft you would have to committ a 1st round pick on Jeudy, Lamb, Ruggs or try to risk it on guys like Reagor, or someone else to fill that speed role. Not sure Vyncent Smith or anyone else is ready to step up, could be wrong though.

Much rather resign Anderson for 13-14mil and add someone like Mims, or Higgins.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

50 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

The last part sounds like shots at Gase. I honestly think Robby leaves because he doesn’t like the coach. That has always been my conclusion. Better money, better situation and no more Gase. Why wouldn’t he leave?

Robbie is going to leave bc they're not asking him to stay. 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, choon328 said:

They'll be speaking to every one of their free agents Agents.  That doesn't mean they'll offer hin anything near what he wants if anything.  

JD...literally...just got done saying...he wants Robby long-term. We’ll see where it goes. If RA dips out then I don’t think it will be from a lack of effort on the Jets side. He’ll likely price himself out of negotiations. I think we’ll offer him a fair deal though.

• Sympathy 1

The Jets have had the exclusive right to extend Robby, Jenkins and others for almost a year.  

I would hope that they have spoken to their agents.

The way to build a football team correctly is to draft well and then extend your good players early and get relatively good deals later in the contract in return for an earlier guaranty for the player.  

JD did not draft any of these guys.  I am just not seeing the likelihood of any extension as very high . 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

JD...literally...just got done saying...he wants Robby long-term. We’ll see where it goes. If RA dips out then I don’t think it will be from a lack of effort on the Jets side. He’ll likely price himself out of negotiations. I think we’ll offer him a fair deal though.

I listened to his press conference and he did NOT say he wanted Robby long term. He actually went on at length about the rookie WR class and how there were a bunch of elite deep threats that could also do other things besides run deep.  That actually seemed like a shot at RA and what probably precipitated RA's grammatically embarrassing response on Twitter. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, choon328 said:

I listened to his press conference and he did NOT say he wanted Robby long term. He actually went on at length about the rookie WR class and how there were a bunch of elite deep threats that could also do other things besides run deep.  That actually seemed like a shot at RA and what probably precipitated RA's grammatically embarrassing response on Twitter. 

That’s seriously what you got out of that? Even after telling reporters how much they would like to keep Robby? 

Alright then.