T#3 C7ust3rFvck @ G@ta R!dg3 - gam3 s#0w

CTM

54 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Multi quoting gets ****ed up now but i was on a reread to check Ballin votes and realized there were hints of my name thrown out like Verb mentions my scummy meta page before this and then right after 80 is laying it on Nol comes in w a vote.

Are you saying you think I'm working with 80 and verbal?

10 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

So yea, I'm good with my vote on Beaver. I'd also like to see JIF lynched. He had a post earlier on D1 where he replied to Beaver "it can't be this easy, can it", which if JIF is town Batman, he votes him... similar to how he was knocking 80 as scum... but in both cases, not voting them. Just breadcrumbing that they pinged him. Doesn't seem like how he'd play it as town. As town I'm used to him jumping in goofy-face first, every time he thought he saw a putty cat.

WTF is town batman? Not on the roles page.

• Haha 4

Just now, HessStation said:

Feel best about Stark and AJ and I’m ok with the early votes on 80 considering the trains. KD seemed to follow Ballin fwiw not sure what that means. Ballin seems angry this game lol. 

Wait am I, KD? Because I was about to switch my vote to Ballin’ who just doesn’t seem pro-town he just seems angry. 

24 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm not sure I understand what you're asking me here. Are you just being lazy and refusing to go back and read my explanation on beaver?

I'll repost my original thoughts on beaver here:

The other two links I never explained why they seemed scummy so I'll do it now. I thought it looked scummy that he got defensive and immediately changed his vote to someone who FOS'd him.

the links:

Not being lazy. I read them I just wanted to hear what you got out of those posts. 

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

I'm with you on beaver but I don't think it's fair to assume he'd know this in his second game. There was no SK in the last game (right?) so not much for newbs to go on w/that.

Nah it’s cool.   I see what he did, but I still don’t understand the logic of not worrying about a SK.  They are basically an extra scum.  If all of the scum are dead, the game still continues.  Yeah you might get lucky and the SK kills a scum or scum kills the SK, but odds are that two townies die each night and further the risk of the doc or cop dying.  

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

WTF is town batman? Not on the roles page.

Batman is the nickname that JIF gave himself, to demonstrate how good a scum hunter he is. He sucks, but that's a tangent.

So when I say "jif is town batman" what I mean is "jif is scum hunting". 

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, Beaver said:

Nah it’s cool.   I see what he did, but I still don’t understand the logic of not worrying about a SK.  They are basically an extra scum.  If all of the scum are dead, the game still continues.  Yeah you might get lucky and the SK kills a scum or scum kills the SK, but odds are that two townies die each night and further the risk of the doc or cop dying.  

I'm not saying "don't worry about SK". I'm saying a townie doesn't discern scum from SK. Town, on D2, doesn't really care whether they are finding SK or scum. Scum wants to root out the SK, and lead a lynch on them, so they as scum can claim town credibility.

In order for SK to win, they have to discern who is on each side, and distribute the kills pretty evenly. They also will want to kill some scum early, so they can claim vig if they get run up. It's all pretty standard after you play some more.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not saying "don't worry about SK". I'm saying a townie doesn't discern scum from SK. Town, on D2, doesn't really care whether they are finding SK or scum. Scum wants to root out the SK, and lead a lynch on them, so they as scum can claim town credibility.

In order for SK to win, they have to discern who is on each side, and distribute the kills pretty evenly. They also will want to kill some scum early, so they can claim vig if they get run up. It's all pretty standard after you play some more.

Then that should tell you which side I’m on.   Now maybe a more experienced player would think that way, but consider who you are dealing with.  Now if you need any further evidence I’m a moron, I need to go for my run hung over.    

will ferrel GIF

Just now, Beaver said:

Then that should tell you which side I’m on.   Now maybe a more experienced player would think that way, but consider who you are dealing with.  Now if you need any further evidence I’m a moron, I need to go for my run hung over.    

will ferrel GIF

So, because you're hunting SK, it makes you town - because you're too stupid to know not to do that openly as scum? 

How about this... we lynch you.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Nolder said:

Look the thing is is it's like breeding for natures and perfect IVs . Not every one will be viable but you have to stick with it until you get an adamant gyarados with dragon dance to sweep with. You know what I'm saying?

Please, i shiny hunt ditto and personally I’m a big fan of the removal of hidden power. Trying to run the IVs to get Ice on Volcarona was one of my biggest headaches. 

• Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

29 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

So I've answered all of your questions then?

yeah, its easy to quote posts and link to previous post of other players and say "see this is why, look at what they said" without explaining your reasoning. 

thanks for the summary.

• Upvote 1

Beaver put his foot in his mouth last game by making a SK case on a Townie the Day we lynched him.

He flipped scum. Would he go 2/2 on that? The “Im new so don’t know better” excuse doesn’t really fly though.

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Nolder said:

Look the thing is is it's like breeding for natures and perfect IVs . Not every one will be viable but you have to stick with it until you get an adamant gyarados with dragon dance to sweep with. You know what I'm saying?

11 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

Please, i shiny hunt ditto and personally I’m a big fan of the removal of hidden power. Trying to run the IVs to get Ice on Volcarona was one of my biggest headaches. 

giphy.gif

and I thought I was nerdy for reading fantasy books 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Stark said:

I responded to your post about being defensive Thursday or Friday . I said that you had not stated anything new that I hadn’t addressed with the others using that reasoning and that if you would have read back a few pages you could read over those posts. 

tone sucked- I can’t really know how you perceive the tone.  It’s a game all text. If you think it sucked that’s fine. I have direct comments if that sucks sorry. 

you don’t think 80 knew I was town? Well his lynch shows he would know alignment. So obviously he did. He also commented on me in ways that alluded to me being town but also not 100% so that he could vote me at a later point. I believe others have pointed this out. 

FWIW this is how Dice makes reads. Doesn’t necessarily follow conventional wisdom and sticks with tone reads, gut intuition, etc. Hardcore NF stuff compared to my ST brain.

Its convenient meta to use when he’s scum but it’s stuff he does as Town too. I haven’t decided on him yet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Feel best about Stark and AJ and I’m ok with the early votes on 80 considering the trains. KD seemed to follow Ballin fwiw not sure what that means. Ballin seems angry this game lol. 

I think I’m coming around to a way for reading you.

Are you like a less polished JC in that your style acts like a lightning rod for scum?

Just now, A.J. said:

giphy.gif

and I thought I was nerdy for reading fantasy books 

You shouldn't underestimate the Pokémon community.

There is a roughly 1/8000 chance for any Pokémon to be shiny although there are ways to improve those odds if you put in an absurd amount of time. There are almost 900 Pokémon now. There are people who have made what's known as a shiny dex. That means they collected a shiny Pokémon for every Pokémon*. Some people have careers and a wife and two kids and live totally fulfilling lives, other people have shiny dexes.

*some exceptions, iirc some Pokémon cannot be legitly obtained shiny.

• Sympathy 1

24 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I think I’m coming around to a way for reading you.

Are you like a less polished JC in that your style acts like a lightning rod for scum?

JC is a less polished modestly more sane version of Hess. Yes, his technique is more gatherer than hunter. It takes a couple days but when he is town he will become more coherent and eventually give solid content. As scum he becomes more incoherent and will become a distraction and usually gets lynched. I’ve read 90% of the games he played. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, Nolder said:

You shouldn't underestimate the Pokémon community.

There is a roughly 1/8000 chance for any Pokémon to be shiny although there are ways to improve those odds if you put in an absurd amount of time. There are almost 900 Pokémon now. There are people who have made what's known as a shiny dex. That means they collected a shiny Pokémon for every Pokémon*. Some people have careers and a wife and two kids and live totally fulfilling lives, other people have shiny dexes.

*some exceptions, iirc some Pokémon cannot be legitly obtained shiny.

Don’t ever change Nolder.

But also don’t ever ask kids if they want to see your shiny dex.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3