T#3 C7ust3rFvck @ G@ta R!dg3 - gam3 s#0w

CTM

6 minutes ago, JiF said:

I remember during my reread you saying something about activity and pressure or something like that creates content and is good for the town.  I'm making a case and now I'm a distraction? 

Either way, despite my feelings toward Ape, I certainly dont think we have to decide between the 2 of us today.  We dont even have a deadline.  You can create other cases.  I could be wrong on Ape.  I dont have a guilty.  Neither does he.  But I'm really F'ing confident.

gross

You two have dominated the last 3 or 4 pages. I've played enough with you both to know that this won't end, and, if left to fester, will rot and infect the Town with doubt and sow the seeds of tinfoiling. That sh*t damages Town's confidence and thus mars it's decisions going forward.

Also, you are so ******* 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

You two have dominated the last 3 or 4 pages. I've played enough with you both to know that this won't end, and, if left to fester, will rot and infect the Town with doubt and sow the seeds of tinfoiling. That sh*t damages Town's confidence and thus mars it's decisions going forward.

Also, you are so ******* 

Meh, fine.  I'll die today or tonight.  I've got half the game figured out. 

On 3/1/2020 at 9:26 AM, Integrity28 said:

Hahaha... there it is.

Townies hunt "scum", which essentially means "anyone not town".

Scum hunt for the SK.

I laced the thread with the Hess is SK thing, and so far Pac and Beaver have bit on it.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:00 AM, Integrity28 said:

I'm not saying "don't worry about SK". I'm saying a townie doesn't discern scum from SK. Town, on D2, doesn't really care whether they are finding SK or scum. Scum wants to root out the SK, and lead a lynch on them, so they as scum can claim town credibility.

In order for SK to win, they have to discern who is on each side, and distribute the kills pretty evenly. They also will want to kill some scum early, so they can claim vig if they get run up. It's all pretty standard after you play some more.

On 3/1/2020 at 10:06 AM, Integrity28 said:

So, because you're hunting SK, it makes you town - because you're too stupid to know not to do that openly as scum? 

How about this... we lynch you.

With all the feces being flung back and forth between JiF and Ape I fully expected this argument from Ape. He's been nailing anyone who appears to be going after the SK but JiF mentions it multiple times and this isn't one of the thousand arguments?

22 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Okay, to summarize... here's where I'm at (this is something I don't normally do in games, so this'll be a fun change of style):

Town lean:

• AJ
  • Dice
  • Spoot
  • Chimp
  • Kdels

Neutral reads:

• Stark
  • Pac
  • JETS
  • Barry
  • Decker
  • Drums

Not comfortable with them:

• Nolder
  • Jville
  • Verbal
  • Hess

Would lynch:

• JIF
  • Beaver
  • Ballin
4 hours ago, JiF said:

Oh and AJ pinged a bit for me in my reread.  Seemed like a lot of fence sitting while pleading to town.  Nudged just about every single player who had any suspicion brought on them, avoided the 80 stuff for most of the day and then put him at L-1.  Seemed like he was distancing there...

If I had to make a top 3;

Beaver, Nold, AJ

jville = SK

2 minutes ago, JiF said:

I remember during my reread you saying something about activity and pressure or something like that creates content and is good for the town.  I'm making a case and now I'm a distraction? 

Either way, despite my feelings toward Ape, I certainly dont think we have to decide between the 2 of us today.  We dont even have a deadline.  You can create other cases.  I could be wrong on Ape.  I dont have a guilty.  Neither does he.  But I'm really F'ing confident.

gross

As of your reads this morning and Ape's from yesterday you all have similar reads on: Beaver, Nolder, Jville the outlier is AJ. I am not telling you all to stop or that we as a game need to sort you 2 out now. I wanted to see where your and Apes reads were and there actually kind of similar. I really was just doing this for me to see how the overall thought process was looking to each of you.

I don't doubt that you are really F'ing confident, and your posts make some sense - you both have beaver as a perspective scum/both had voted him. if you both are Ego townie vs Ego townie then we are just muddying the waters here. This may not really provide anything to anyone else but its something I wanted to see.

1 hour ago, Beaver said:

Now that doesn't mean you should go and remove your vote for me.   I see you only voted me once Ape voted me and are now crying like a little girl that a few people jumped off (they can jump back on, they may be waiting to see how others react).   How about you grow a pair and vote how you feel you should and not how others feel you should.

I don't remember anyone telling me what to vote 🤣

Don't mistake me questioning what appears to be coordinated moves with crying. I only cry when the Jets suck which turns out to be most of my life.

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Also, you are so ******* 

Also, you are so ******* confident that Ape is Scum yet you're okay with not lynching him today? Not very Batman-like.

If you are Scum, then you are basically calling for a reprieve when you were a leading lynch candidate.

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, JiF said:

@HessStation

Here, I did it for you.  Ape calls it out.  2 hours later he tells someone it' a distraction.  So therefore, he didnt actually ask town to go looking for town. 

lol

Okay, that bottom post of Ape's is in reference to something entirely different. That's a straight up lie.

On 2/29/2020 at 1:02 PM, jvill 51 said:

I don't think JVOR or nyn make much sense from a vig perspective on Night 1

^^

On 2/29/2020 at 2:41 PM, Integrity28 said:

No value in figuring it out. It’s a distraction.

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, JiF said:

@HessStation

Here, I did it for you.  Ape calls it out.  2 hours later he tells someone it' a distraction.  So therefore, he didnt actually ask town to go looking for town. 

lol

Does anyone else have an opinion on Ape talking about JVOR bread crumbing his mason Partner to start today and why that would be of any help to town?

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, kdels62 said:

Selling Ape at this point. Especially as this next lynch looks like its gonna be you v him for your right to continue in this game. Especially since you were on tilt to get to this point rather than you deciding to case Ape as a townie move. 

This post sucks.

What JiF did just bring to my attention, though, is that AJ (a self-proclaimed "analytical" player) upvoted Ape's post below about searching for a Town Mason:

On 2/29/2020 at 12:20 PM, Integrity28 said:

Did JVOR breadcrumb? If so, we can look at anyone that cased/voted both him and whoever he may have breadcrumbed with.

Now, I try not to read much into upvotes and the like, but then I saw AJ's direct response below:

On 2/29/2020 at 12:21 PM, A.J. said:

I don’t remember any hard town reads he dropped off the top of my head but it’s worth a look back.

The fact that AJ didn't automatically call that out is pingy. He's one of the smartest players we have, and he should know better.

On the topic of Ape doing this in the first place. It being a "Town trap" for him is, IMO, 100% in line with his Town meta. On the other hand, it'd be a perfect cover to do it as Scum in hopes that someone else dredges something up for him, thus giving Ape the opportunity to admonish that someone and earn town cred in the process. Ape is smart enough to be aware of the WIFOM potential of this scenario, so it is not alignment indicative for me.

I will go back to see if/how Ape responds to any inquires about his trap/proposition.

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Are we sure there is even a SK?  or is this the work of our usual vigilante?

tenor.gif

all we know is there were 2 deaths at night. could be either or. 

totally a picture of 80 with a gun.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Does anyone else have an opinion on Ape talking about JVOR bread crumbing his mason Partner to start today and why that would be of any help to town?

On 2/29/2020 at 12:20 PM, Integrity28 said:

Did JVOR breadcrumb? If so, we can look at anyone that cased/voted both him and whoever he may have breadcrumbed with.

On 2/29/2020 at 2:47 PM, Integrity28 said:

No, bad logic. Also, we aren’t actually trying to out his partner. I’ve re-read, and think I may know who, so now I can watch that person and other interact. No need to put them yet. Better to get more interplay, which can be info later when we learn who it is.

On 2/29/2020 at 3:10 PM, Integrity28 said:

His partner's identity will come to light in the natural flow of the game. Yes, it's good to be able to confirm the person is town. However, it's only D2. In my opinion, it's more valuable to give scum space to maneuver. If we're about to lynch the person, they can claim and then if no counter - we have all sorts of good content to look over for scum hunting purposes.

So, your instinct to want to town clear people isn't wrong, but applying some patience to it is ... can be helpful to all. 

At the time I first read it I didn't think much of it because not long after (number of posts wise), he clarified that we're not trying to out the scum just get our own personal read on it. Looking back though, given that two hours elapsed between these posts maybe he was hoping someone would name them and then tried to cover up the tracks when no one did? Idk typing it out that seems kind of tin-foily to me.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Barry McCockinner said:

This doesn't make sense though. Why would scum be actively participating in public anti-town behavior when they can talk amongst themselves?

This trap sounds as good as your GF trap from last game. SMH

Yea, they don’t always work. No harm in trying. The nice thing now is, I’m a townie sticking his neck out... and scum is clamoring to build a narrative to get me lynched for a scum hunting play. Think about that.

1 hour ago, JiF said:

@HessStation

lol

Cherry picking and editorializing.

Skipped the in-between posts, because they’d prove me transparent and truthful.