T#3 C7ust3rFvck @ G@ta R!dg3 - gam3 s#0w

CTM

1 hour ago, Drums said:

I saw Ape come in and wreck the end of last game. He had everyone as scum but the only person that was actually scum so I see your point. 

At the same time, I feel Smash and Spoot dominated d2 last game so I’m not ready to say jif and ape are town on town action quite yet. 

Just a reminder, before I left and came back and whiffed in nyn. I was all over those 2 in about 3 pages ofvresding.

So the bad news is the latest NY coronavirus patient is being treated a floor below the floor my wife works on in the hospital. The good news is now that I've Lysol'd the entire house I can settle in and catch up on this thread. The better news is if it's been anything like yesterday's sh*t-show there's a good chance the fumes will knock me out in the middle of it.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 2

31 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Just a reminder, before I left and came back and whiffed in nyn. I was all over those 2 in about 3 pages ofvresding.

Nyn fooled us all. It was impressive, nothing against you. 

36 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

So the bad news is the latest NY coronavirus patient is being treated a floor below the floor my wife works on in the hospital. The good news is now that I've Lysol'd the entire house I can settle in and catch up on this thread. The better news is if it's been anything like yesterday's sh*t-show there's a good chance the fumes will knock me out in the middle of it.

R.I.P. Jvill 51 March 2020

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

It’s funny because last game you derided Smash for his emo. Now you’re doing it. Seems super sincere.

Not even comparable.   This is more bull sh*t from you.  just stfu already.  It’s ridiculous.  You went after 80 for something similar earlier in the game and now doing it to me.  GFY  I’m not quitting the game and im not scum.  Im not  crying for being voted. 

I’m frustrated that I reread the entire game, gave my reads and got nothing but for sh*t for it.  You should know, when you put in genuine hard work and it comes back with garbage when you’re a proven quantity, it’s frustrating.  Then you did a bunch of a$$hole sh*t and it pinged.  I voted you.  You went OmGUs and somehow again, I’m scum. Not to mention I was run up for nothing to begin with.  

Im on vacation and im not going to put in an ounce of effort like I did when I reread the entire game post by post giving my thoughts along the way.  I’m here to read and vote or just Lynch me.  Don’t care. 

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Not even comparable.   This is more bull sh*t from you.  just stfu already.  It’s ridiculous.  You went after 80 for something similar earlier in the game and now doing it to me.  GFY  I’m not quitting the game and im not scum.  Im not  crying for being voted. 

I’m frustrated that I reread the entire game, gave my reads and got nothing but for sh*t for it.  You should know, when you put in genuine hard work and it comes back with garbage when you’re a proven quantity, it’s frustrating.  Then you did a bunch of a$$hole sh*t and it pinged.  I voted you.  You went OmGUs and somehow again, I’m scum. Not to mention I was run up for nothing to begin with.  

Im on vacation and im not going to put in an ounce of effort like I did when I reread the entire game post by post giving my thoughts along the way.  I’m here to read and vote or just Lynch me.  Don’t care. 

You mutha@#$-&

Just had to post that before I changed my vote

3 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

These posts.

Because I want to give you a chance.

Don't go emo like Smash.

Edit: forgot to tag @JiF

I’ve addressed all this multiple times.  

- the town doesn’t have to decide on me and Ape.  That’s stupid. 

- I think he’s scum.  Not 100% not matter how confident I am.  This is no different than any other game. 

- he posted it.  It’s out there for everyone to see.

Don’t ask me to repeat myself again

2 hours ago, Barry McCockinner said:

so for sake of discussion let's assume 5 scum to start, now we have 4

we had 18 town to start, now we have 16

forget any and all reads and just look at it mathematically

randomly picking a player out of the entire pool you have an 80% chance of town and 20% chance of scum

assume for the sake of discussion we know a player is town - we don't - but for discussion

do we want to stab in the pool of two players where one is 100% town and the other is 80% town? Or maybe it's better to eliminate two for now, assume they're both town and choose from the remaining 18 with a 77% chance at town.

I'd prefer to go w/77% chance. Of course we don't KNOW - we have to trust an assumption that is foggy. That's all folks.

I'm pretty god awful at math but I'm pretty sure this is wrong.

The game started with 22 people, if we assume a 20% scum ratio as per your post that's 4.4 people in the game so we'll round it to 4. If you pick out of the crowd at random you have a certain percentage to find scum. However as people die that percentage technically changes. 

The thing is though, we don't play like that. We try to follow cases and logic to suss out who is lying. We don't just pick people at random. Math is often way more of a distraction than an asset in this game.

10 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Ok. I try to be cool here but no politics. @Pac your being an ass about this. Knock it off or I will ban you. 

Well at least we now know what constitutes a bannable offense in the mafia forum..  You wouldn't have to ban me though..  If people started getting weird I'd just leave.

• Thumb Down 1

7 minutes ago, JiF said:

GFY  I’m not quitting the game and im not scum.  Im not  crying for being voted. 

What do you call self voting? Unless you want to cop to the emotional manipulation?

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

I’m frustrated that I reread the entire game, gave my reads and got nothing but for sh*t for it.  You should know, when you put in genuine hard work and it comes back with garbage when you’re a proven quantity, it’s frustrating.

Where have I heard this story before? Hmmmmm. Can't quite put my finger on it. It was accompanied by some pretty rude commentary in a dead thread I think. Although I can't imagine what sort of a$$hole would BE an a$$hole to someone in that situation from the informed position of a dead thread. Oh well, if I remember I'll be sure to let you know.

• Post of the Week 1

4 minutes ago, Nolder said:

I'm pretty god awful at math but I'm pretty sure this is wrong.

The game started with 22 people, if we assume a 20% scum ratio as per your post that's 4.4 people in the game so we'll round it to 4. If you pick out of the crowd at random you have a certain percentage to find scum. However as people die that percentage technically changes. 

The thing is though, we don't play like that. We try to follow cases and logic to suss out who is lying. We don't just pick people at random. Math is often way more of a distraction than an asset in this game.

The 20% number was the remaining players - assume 16 town, 4 scum remain.

20% scum ratio remaining.

I was using math as a reason why I thought avoiding certain players made sense, since I was questioned on it. This was just may way of looking at it - not an attempt to distract from anything. It's funny it seems so far whatever attempt I've made at this has been met by people bitching about my approach. I know you aren't - you're explaining and I appreciate it.

Thank you @The Crusher

Im here to play mafia and hang out with friends I don't want to talk politics (the odd joke here and there is whatever).

But as someone who also enjoys arguing about politics for fun it's like laying a platter of bacon out and putting it in front of you, I won't be able to stop myself from doing what I do and neither would you. So it's best not to put it on the table in the first place if it's not what we're here for. We have plenty to argue about in this game without adding to it.

I mean come on Pac, Public Enemy just broke up over this sh*t don't do that to the mafia crew too.

• Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

The 20% number was the remaining players - assume 16 town, 4 scum remain.

20% scum ratio remaining.

I was using math as a reason why I thought avoiding certain players made sense, since I was questioned on it. This was just may way of looking at it - not an attempt to distract from anything. It's funny it seems so far whatever attempt I've made at this has been met by people bitching about my approach. I know you aren't - you're explaining and I appreciate it.

That's probably never going to stop lol.

• Upvote 2

Just now, Nolder said:

Thank you @The Crusher

Im here to play mafia and hang out with friends I don't want to talk politics (the odd joke here and there is whatever).

But as someone who also enjoys arguing about politics for fun it's like laying a platter of bacon out and putting it in front of you, I won't be able to stop myself from doing what I do and neither would you. So it's best not to put it on the table in the first place if it's not what we're here for. We have plenty to argue about in this game without adding to it.

I mean come on Pac, Public Enemy just broke up over this sh*t don't do that to the mafia crew too.

Everything is fine..  It's not that big of a deal.  Not that hard to not talk about it when I know people legit getting upset.

Anyway PM me about it some time..  interested to hear the Nolderp perspective as I agree - it's fun arguing about it.

32 minutes ago, JiF said:

This sounds more like Nolder last game than Smash. Not for nothing man but people did comment on your reads and give thought to them. People went back and provided context and with that context came to a different conclusion than you did on some of the points you were trying to make. We're all trying to figure things out based on imperfect information here, so people picking out the flaws in your argument and sometimes even raising suspicion against you based on those flaws is to be expected. Pretty sure it has happened to every single person in this thread. You may be a proven quantity but in this single game nothing has been proven about your guilt or innocence and people aren't going to follow you based on reputation, but on the strength of your arguments.

47 minutes ago, JiF said:

80 was scum.

• Thumb Down 1

I like how Jif is building this narrative that he is the victim.

He read the thread - as we all gave - poor, poor jif.

He gave his thoughts - as we all have - awwwwww. He realized he showed his ass, and decided to attack me to make a mess. Complete OMGUS.

Problem is, his thoughts were a bunch of spin - and lies - about me. I didn’t give him crap. I defended myself and set the record straight. I pointed to facts. He called me stupid - anyone that didn’t agree with him? Also stupid.

The histrionics are an act. 

• Thumb Down 1

Unvote

Hess actually sounds pretty lucid now that I look back and reread his posts with more time. I like the point about Verb jumping on Ballin for the semantic error. It's something I think Verb would bite into as Town but I agree it's an easy mistake to jump on as scum. Pretty neutral on Verb overall but I'd bump Hess up to a Town lean.

I'm not really following Dice's point about Stark so much. I remember at one point they were tied wagons with 80 and eventually cross voted one another, but I noted some D1 interactions between the two when Stark was getting ran up where 80 hedges his read on Stark pretty hard. Doesn't read like teammates to me.

I hate JiF's self vote. I don't know him that well as a player but the vibe is pretty reminiscent of Smash last game where he self voted and complained that he always gets voted by the same people every game, blah blah. Not the same argument but it gives me the same feel. The back and forth between him and Ape was hard to get thru where I don't think either came out looking super clean.

One thing that stuck out to me was I expected Nolder to double down hard on JiF's self vote, so it's weird to me that he barely mentioned it.

• Upvote 4

8 minutes ago, jvill 51 said:

This sounds more like Nolder last game than Smash. Not for nothing man but people did comment on your reads and give thought to them. People went back and provided context and with that context came to a different conclusion than you did on some of the points you were trying to make. We're all trying to figure things out based on imperfect information here, so people picking out the flaws in your argument and sometimes even raising suspicion against you based on those flaws is to be expected. Pretty sure it has happened to every single person in this thread. You may be a proven quantity but in this single game nothing has been proven about your guilt or innocence and people aren't going to follow you based on reputation, but on the strength of your arguments.

He’s been playing for over a decade. You make good pints, but he knows all thus already.

50 minutes ago, Nolder said:

What do you call self voting? Unless you want to cop to the emotional manipulation?

I expected a much bigger reaction from you on this. I can remember a few times where people have self voted and you were down their throats over it because it's not Town play. Pretty sure the last time we played and I was scum you refused to move off me because I did.

Generally feel best about Spoot, Stark, Hess, Chimp and Drums in no particular order. Barry played a strong D1 as a newbie but his latest posts have me scratching my head a little. I think he's getting ahead of himself with some of his points but wouldn't put in the category of setting up people, so to speak.

Ape looked better D1 & at the start of D2 before he got mixed up with JiF but I know that can tend to happen in these games. I'm not really buying the bussing narrative personally. I think that's often overblown, and any of you that played with me last game know this.

Pac is still obnoxious but on reread I think he's actually coming in with some good points which will only feed his ego.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, A.J. said:

I expected a much bigger reaction from you on this. I can remember a few times where people have self voted and you were down their throats over it because it's not Town play. Pretty sure the last time we played and I was scum you refused to move off me because I did.

I'm already voting him.