T#3 C7ust3rFvck @ G@ta R!dg3 - gam3 s#0w

CTM

16 minutes ago, Beaver said:

Horrible post.  Shall I pull your town and scum leads.  yes lets.  I remember it was page 53 when I brought up you switching from me to JiF in voting.

•  

Maybe I’m missing it but what are you trying to point out here?

On 2/28/2020 at 3:21 PM, Beaver said:

Oh great scum hunter.   Your talents have faded.   Do you really think they would put a newb like me as scum two games in a row?

so the fact you think this and are on my list 

unvote

vote JiF

This vote still stands out to me on reread. Not sure how to take it tbh. Stark/80 are tied up 7/7 so if Beaver is scum with 80 the better team play is to put the counter wagon back in the lead, instead he throws one away on JiF. If this is scum play, does he vote neither wagon because both are his partners? That’s the only scenario I can think of that makes some sense other than just thinking Beaver is either innocent or just fumbled in the moment as 80’s teammate.

On 2/28/2020 at 3:25 PM, kdels62 said:

You’re not wrong 

join me

unvote 

vote jvill

edit: you just seem like an easier lynch

On 2/28/2020 at 3:25 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

unvote vote jvill

Weird sequence here where kdels moves off 80 and he follows onto another wagon. This ties him with Stark 6/6 again. Wifom but why doesn’t 80 stay put to keep Stark up +1?

On 2/28/2020 at 3:26 PM, Chimp the Pimp said:

Not helping Beaver. It’s too close to deadline Spit on it a little and then vote one of the top three trains 

unvote vote 80

Not sure how to read this. Coaching or drawing attention to Beaver not voting someone Chimp knows is scum? This vote puts 80 back in the lead.

On 2/28/2020 at 3:28 PM, Nolder said:

Unvote vote 80

We’ve got one bus vote on the record already, so is this the second? Sketchy considering Nolder ties the wagons earlier on

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

It's fine. I encourage them to. I'm often a mad man in thread as town, unorthodox, bloviating, pig-ish, whatever... but, it's not without purpose. I use myself as bait. I try to incite activity. As scum, I'm very strategic and calculated, I can impersonate town Ape, but without the slop and the last thing I'd want to do is let my team down.

This is actually why I’m voting you though

16 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Fair questions. 

1.) I didn't start with him pegged as town. I thought it was sketchy on D1 that he didn't vote 80 (before I even knew 80 was scum), was nudging 80 and someone else (can't remember right now). Those things pinged. Then, he did his Monday catch-up and I commented that a few posts came across as town. I think you got hung up on this. It's possible to suspect someone as scum, but acknowlege the town sounding things they say. It's an observation - and for stream-of-consciousness players like me, those acknowledgements help when we go away, and come back to the game - in re-acclimating to all the sh*t going on.

2.) I don't understand how saying "I really thought he was scum" is a slip that makes me scum. If I'm scum, I know his alignment. I really don't understand this question. Sorry.

3.) There are lots of types of players in mafia. If we all played it the same way, it would suck. My suggestion is to accept the diversity. I enjoy forcing action as town. I get people to react by interrogating them, but also by being flaky. It's a way of avoiding NK when I have a power role. It's a way of enticing scum into trying to use it against me, which helps me discern their agenda. It works quite well for me. I have a very good track record as a scum hunter - but because it's "loud" my misses are also the most visible. I'm okay with that. To answer your question "how does it help town", well, I'm finding and leading lynches on scum. I think the answer is quite obvious there. 

4.) Yea, I don't understand why you think it's a slip. I can tell you this though. I'm fast and loose as town. I do double-talk and sometimes contradict myself and get tangled up. I don't do that as scum though. My scum game is clean. I don't slip.

Like this. You’re being overly lucid and calm. I think as town you’d be FOS’ing the entire game. 

That trifecta of players is where I want to focus today.

I think there’s definitely scum within Stark, Beaver & Nolder.

Outside pick of Dice since he was early on the Stark vote which turned into the de facto counter wagon to 80 on D1.

3 minutes ago, HessStation said:

This is actually why I’m voting you though

Yup, I get it.

1 minute ago, HessStation said:

Like this. You’re being overly lucid and calm. I think as town you’d be FOS’ing the entire game. 

Bro, I've been far more "lucid and calm" for years here. You guys just don't notice it, because I pepper it in just a little. Most of the time I do this mafia crap, I'm delivering a shtick. Think about the last handful of games (these past 2 games are the first I've played in like 2 years, I think). I come back when Crusher asks, and just give him an ape show. The shtick is just a tool for play. 

The level headed sh*t, that's pragmatic and patient - that's you guys seeing what I'm like in real life. I have more fun being a giant angry ape though.

Anyhow, you do you. I get it.

27 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, that's not a scum tell, but whatever. JIF just got himself lynched for citing "my scum tells" and being wrong about them. 

I moved you to my list because you're list is easy targets. Pac I know, is a free-thinking scum hunter and makes his own list (which often defies the mob consensus about who to lynch). The list you just posted is nothing but ticket for you to follow the crowd here, not think for yourself.

No biggie. Others can sort it out when I'm dead.

With every post you're making me think we got you. 

I posted a list of Verb you and Barry...  Nobody's voted Verb in days but me and I don't think anyone else has voted Barry EXCEPT me.. 

This is what you're calling "easy and following the crowd"..  You do know people are reading the game, right?

@Integrity28 - re: your theory on pimp nolder vote being a fake breadcrumb trail. He keeps pushing Nodler after that. If you were trying to paint a fake breadcrumb trail to make people think you're cop you might do this. Does pimp have this type of play in him? 

On 3/2/2020 at 12:43 PM, Chimp the Pimp said:

unvote vote nolder

On 3/2/2020 at 2:24 PM, Chimp the Pimp said:

Hess is an insane person, you seem to be neutral to town lean to me.  What do you think of Nolder?

On 3/2/2020 at 3:37 PM, Chimp the Pimp said:

He and Kdel have both moved to neutral to maybe town for me. Both putting work on in, seems awkwardly genuine. Nolder is worrying me, any thoughts?

On 3/2/2020 at 4:47 PM, Chimp the Pimp said:

Like to see Nolder get some attention 

22 minutes ago, deckerfan said:

i cant read the big bazookas guns worth anything sooo, in essence yes 

had no clue  pimp was scum, his play overall seemed town other than being on the down low which is normal for his alter ego imo, nothing standing out except continuing to direct attention to nolder yesterday during the spat. and tthe views about the spat seemed fine n a little emotional considering  he and jifs * rumored* virtual reality rendezvous. 

and liek i said i had no clue about 80 either - the VT claim didnt seem like scum. i also understood jif's reasons for not wanting to vote 80 (feeling bad about the lynch cos he modded/revived mafia or sommething), and he got slammed for them  lol 

oh and on another note, i thought kdels was likely scum too and he flipped mason 

as for ape, i wouldnt know. the end game i often think about was after i voted wrong (based on a dream) on ape vs dpr and then got endgamed/lynched. so cant tell.

tl;dr for the Ballins, i just sheep dead typically strong town or townreads i feel good about. 

Seems like you’ve been paying attention so why so hesitant? The Chimp deflecting to Nolder bit is interesting and a good spot. You did the same thing last game too, making good observations but didn’t trust your gut in the end it seemed. Maybe have a beer or two and join us in hunting scum

• Upvote 1

20 minutes ago, HessStation said:

No that you said you won’t vote the loudest when Ape and I tend to be the loudest. And obv, when you play enough games that doesn’t work except for individual players meta. I liked you seek evidence thing though. 

Yeah, my first game I fell into that trap (Jif actually mentioned in the dead thread that I was doing it when I read it later) and was going after some people that ended up being town. I thought I had evidence but I was doing some major tin foiling. I’m trying to be more accurate in my second game. I will heat up sooner or later. 

• Upvote 1

Just now, Pac said:

With every post you're making me think we got you. 

I posted a list of Verb you and Barry...  Nobody's voted Verb in days but me and I don't think anyone else has voted Barry EXCEPT me.. 

This is what you're calling "easy and following the crowd"..  You do know people are reading the game, right?

Bro - I was just accusing Verbal of setting up the next day's lynch in night phase. So, basically I was signaling to scum that I'd pursue a verbal lynch. I just led a mislynch on JIF. So, yea, you making verbal your #1 is easy-pickens. Not a unique thought, but rather a play to prompt me to do that ape thing again.

I'm obviously an easy lynch. So is Barry the newest of noobs. Just feels like you're angling. I could be wrong, it just feels like that's what you're doing.

The fact that you're going to take everything I say and use it as the reason I'm scum is just funny. It's what I just did to JIF. Turns out he was just wrong. What can I tell ya... ?

Vote Nolder

Dude's early voting really looked like it could've been to keep 80 alive before finally bussing him. And now he wants to speed lynch Ape, which, IMO is not in line with his Town meta.

I don't think Beaver is Scum. A few posts of his ring honest Town to me. No doubt his play has been suspect, but I think that's genuine Townie inexperience. What I learned from playing with him last game is that he is a very honest player. I just don't think he's capable of that kind of deception yet.

As for Ape, I could put forth reasons for why I believe he's Scum, and also reasons for why I think he's Town. I tinfoil on this guy so bad it drives me nuts. I'll try to do a deeper look into him tomorrow.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Bro - I was just accusing Verbal of setting up the next day's lynch in night phase. So, basically I was signaling to scum that I'd pursue a verbal lynch. I just led a mislynch on JIF. So, yea, you making verbal your #1 is easy-pickens. Not a unique thought, but rather a play to prompt me to do that ape thing again.

I'm obviously an easy lynch. So is Barry the newest of noobs. Just feels like you're angling. I could be wrong, it just feels like that's what you're doing.

The fact that you're going to take everything I say and use it as the reason I'm scum is just funny. It's what I just did to JIF. Turns out he was just wrong. What can I tell ya... ?

Ah yes..  this lynch Verb thing never came out of me until I saw your posts from last night..  good point.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Barry McCockinner said:

@Integrity28 - re: your theory on pimp nolder vote being a fake breadcrumb trail. He keeps pushing Nodler after that. If you were trying to paint a fake breadcrumb trail to make people think you're cop you might do this. Does pimp have this type of play in him? 

I can't say, honestly. It's possible he thought Nolder was SK. Also possible scum was thinking of running a gambit (when 1 scum member busses or "catches" all the other scum members, and lasts to the end). I don't know, dude. Chimp has been playing a long ass time, and I wouldn't wed myself to any one scenario until more info is out there... but here's what I can tell you, Chimp as scum... scum don't harp on 1 player like that unless they are distancing, bussing or trying to lynch a power role. The latter being the least likely, imo.

I'll unvote, vote nolder and put my money where my mouth is. 

death GIF

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Vote Nolder

Dude's early voting really looked like it could've been to keep 80 alive before finally bussing him. And now he wants to speed lynch Ape, which, IMO is not in line with his Town meta.

I don't think Beaver is Scum. A few posts of his ring honest Town to me. No doubt his play has been suspect, but I think that's genuine Townie inexperience. What I learned from playing with him last game is that he is a very honest player. I just don't think he's capable of that kind of deception yet.

As for Ape, I could put forth reasons for why I believe he's Scum, and also reasons for why I think he's Town. I tinfoil on this guy so bad it drives me nuts. I'll try to do a deeper look into him tomorrow.

I mean, that's kinda the point. Every town game I play is to set up my next scum game.

Day 3 VoteCount 

Ape (6) - Nolderp, JETS, Pac, hess, dicker, beaver

Dicker (1) -  jville

Beaver (1) BarryCock

Nolderp (3) Spootles, AJ, Ape 

With 16 Players alive it takes 9 Votes to Lynch

5 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Not ruling out Chimp distancing from Nolder by parking his vote there. Them voting back to back on 80 tilts me a lot but if there was a time to bus it would be there to gain max Town cred 

Any team with Chimp and 80 on it will invariably have some discombobulated messiness to it. So back-to-back isn't really something I'd worry about. We've seen 80 tank entire scum teams within D1 in the past.

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Dinner?!  What are you Dracula?  It's 10PM.

Hey doofus. If you ever left Rochester you might know there are areas of the world where the time is different. Its 7pm in California for instance 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Vote Nolder

10 minutes ago, A.J. said:

Not ruling out Chimp distancing from Nolder by parking his vote there. Them voting back to back on 80 tilts me a lot but if there was a time to bus it would be there to gain max Town cred 

any other reasons why he might be specifically targetting nolder here? Nolder has been fairly quiet. He did come out guns blazing at ape D3 though.

• Upvote 1