what was the BEST free-agent class in Jets history ? ? ?

kelly

On 2/28/2020 at 10:44 AM, Philc1 said:

True.  In the case of Vinny, Parcells got very lucky 

Cox was also luck. He just fit our defensive system and his big mouth got him cut from Chicago 

People forget he had no intentions of starting Vinny.  Foley got hurt, Vinny came in and played pretty well and when Foley was ready to play he became the starter again.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, nyjunc said:

People forget he had no intentions of starting Vinny.  Foley got hurt, Vinny came in and played pretty well and when Foley was ready to play he became the starter again.

When I saw Vinny in preseason that year I knew it was only a matter of time

Foley was decent at best with the jets

14 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Vinny always would look great in camp and preseason.  He was as physically gifted a QB as there has ever been.  His problem was always mentally but he put it together that year.  He was incredible, typical Jets luck that he'd get hurt game 1 the next year.  People forget that Vinny could move before that Achilles injury.

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

Vinny always would look great in camp and preseason.  He was as physically gifted a QB as there has ever been.  His problem was always mentally but he put it together that year.  He was incredible, typical Jets luck that he'd get hurt game 1 the next year.  People forget that Vinny could move before that Achilles injury.

Vinny was like the AJ Burnett of NFL quarterbacks.  Physically gifted and had all the tools but just never put it together 

He and Keyshawn and Wayne were such a force together that one season.  It’s a shame all we got was 1 year

• Upvote 1

Ah, the surreal luck that Parcells enjoyed in resurrecting three different moribund franchises, but the shrewd and deliberate genius Belichick displayed in taking over one of those Parcells luckathons and outfoxing every team to Tom Brady in the sixth round and—master of masters—tricking Mo Lewis into breaking Drew Bledsoe’s rib cage. That’s the difference between genius and luck: Mo Lewis cheap shots. 

Ah the Parcells fallacy as led by and perpetuated by T0m. Made out to be a football wizard, even though every single playoff victory of his was because of Belichick’s defenses, and only made the playoffs once in the 5 seasons he coached without Belichick. Also single handedly cost us Peyton Manning.

But hey, he got us the compiler and drafted noodle arm!!!!!!!

2 hours ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Ah the Parcells fallacy as led by and perpetuated by T0m. Made out to be a football wizard, even though every single playoff victory of his was because of Belichick’s defenses, and only made the playoffs once in the 5 seasons he coached without Belichick. Also single handedly cost us Peyton Manning.

But hey, he got us the compiler and drafted noodle arm!!!!!!!

He made the playoffs 3 times without BB- 1994 NE, 2003 and 2005 Dallas.  He only coached without BB for 7 seasons, in 7 seasons without Brady BB only made the playoffs once.

Parcells was a better HC than BB, Parcells made 3 SBs without a single HOF QB (winning 2 of them) while BB has 1 playoff app without Brady.

Groh drafted Chad.

20 hours ago, Philc1 said:

agreed !.. foley was an ok qb... No more   ?

• Upvote 1