Combine 2020 Game Thread

kdels62

31 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

So this combine wasn’t good for our chances of getting 1 of the big 4 OT. Gotta hope Ruggs, Herbert, Love, Kinlaw get pushed to even have a shot.

I don't know about that.  You still have the 3 QBs, plus Young at the top.  Simmons cemented a likely spot in the top 10 yesterday.  Hopefully Okudah has a solid day today.  Jeudy/Lamb did fine, they are possibilities in top 10.  Chaisson did not run yesterday, but with a good pro day, he could sneak in there as well.  The only guy that really hurt us yesterday was Derrick Brown having a disappointing day. 

Still think one of the top 4 OTs (maybe even 2) will be there at 11.  Question is if it is only 1 guy, will it be a guy that JD likes.  And if all 4 go, it means that it is likely that both Jeudy and Lamb are still on the board, which makes us a prime trade up target for soemone to get ahead of the Raiders.  Seen some buzz that the Broncos could be interested in moving up for a WR.

• Sympathy 1

57 minutes ago, Lith said:

I don't know about that.  You still have the 3 QBs, plus Young at the top.  Simmons cemented a likely spot in the top 10 yesterday.  Hopefully Okudah has a solid day today.  Jeudy/Lamb did fine, they are possibilities in top 10.  Chaisson did not run yesterday, but with a good pro day, he could sneak in there as well.  The only guy that really hurt us yesterday was Derrick Brown having a disappointing day. 

Still think one of the top 4 OTs (maybe even 2) will be there at 11.  Question is if it is only 1 guy, will it be a guy that JD likes.  And if all 4 go, it means that it is likely that both Jeudy and Lamb are still on the board, which makes us a prime trade up target for soemone to get ahead of the Raiders.  Seen some buzz that the Broncos could be interested in moving up for a WR.

Tell me if I"m off base here. Simmons seems like Urlacher with all he can do. If Chase Young is off the board, I think Simmons is a Giant.

1 hour ago, Lith said:

I think Brown being less than ideal along with Wirfs and Becton’s accession makes it so that you’ll see them as options where they weren’t before. Hope teams get dumb and ignore that those 4 OTs are staples for the next 10 years.

I'd be shocked if Wirfs or Becton is there at #11.  I'd say a 25% chance that Wills or Thomas is there too.  It's possible but it will be very dicey.  All 4 of those guys seem legit go potentially go Top 10.

The disappointing thing is that I was hoping Josh Jones would look like a Top 15 guy (which I'd then be able to stomach at #11), but he didn't have a good Combine.  Most of his performance numbers in the jumps and the 40 weren't good, especially when you compare them to some amazing numbers put up by Becton and Wirfs.

Given the depth of the WR group I would now guess that 3 OTs are taken before the first WR....and it's possible that 4 go before WR1.

It's going to be a big test for Douglas at #11.  Do you want the pick of the litter, getting the chance to take the first WR out of class that could be the best WR Draft in recent memory, or do you reach a little bit for the 4th or 5th OT?

Free Agency will likely determine the answer that question.  If the Jets sign a Tier 1 OT and OG, then go with WR and come back for OLine prospects later.  If the Jets are unable to land more than one top OLinemen in FA but they bring back Robby Anderson for $11M per year, then maybe they reach a little for OT or trade back a few spots.