Jump to content
jetstream23

Redskins plan visits with Burrow, Tua

Recommended Posts

No link. Saw it run across the scroller at the bottom on ESPN. With Rivera in at HC it sounds like all options are on the table and Haskins may not be his guy. Interesting. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maybe Redskins saw Arizona take Murray after drafting Rosen and aren't scared to pull the trigger on Tua or someone else. Do you take the stud DE and make a scary front consisting of Kerrigan-Payne-J.Allen-Sweat and Young or take the risk of drafting Tua and having another RG3 situation. It'd be better for the Jets if Washington takes Young at 2, imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Redskins might have interest in a QB this year, they may also WANT people to believe they have interest in a QB as well.  It would strengthen any trade down opportunities for them.  

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Snyder is another Woody, he likes splashy headlines. What the Cards did proves you don't sit on QB you don't want if you have the chance to upgrade. 

What this does is change Miamis thinking. It's not crazy to think this draft might go QB, QB, QB. Burrow, Tua, Herbert.

I hope it does & someone falls in love with Love. A slight trade back would be the best scenario for the Jets. Round 2/3 is where JD can make Hay. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Snyder is another Woody, he likes splashy headlines. What the Cards did proves you don't sit on QB you don't want if you have the chance to upgrade. 

What this does is change Miamis thinking. It's not crazy to think this draft might go QB, QB, QB. Burrow, Tua, Herbert.

I hope it does & someone falls in love with Love. A slight trade back would be the best scenario for the Jets. Round 2/3 is where JD can make Hay. 

Snyder is a tool like Dolan and Woody

 

3 clowns who prove billionaires shouldn’t exist

 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Snyder is a tool like Dolan and Woody

 

3 clowns who prove billionaires shouldn’t exist

 

Woody was all smiles when we traded for Tebow. Freaking moron. I would have fired Macc the 1st time I saw Hackenberg throwing balls 4' over WRs heads. I'd have gone back, revisited that draft, call Macc in my office & have him justify wasting a 2nd round pick on a guy whose college coach passed on who was the Head Coach of the Texans in need of a QB. 

It's always amazed me how some of these owners haven't a clue, and guys like Rex, Idzik, Bowles, Macc, continually f*ck up & the idiot never learns from it. Although Chris is just another silver spooned Johnson I think he finally got a football guy in here in Joe Douglas. 

I love the fact that Joe Douglas wouldn't even take the job without a 6 year contract. You don't think other teams don't pay attention to the mistakes of others? The Jets drafts are a documentary of everything that is wrong with bad franchises. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

The Redskins might have interest in a QB this year, they may also WANT people to believe they have interest in a QB as well.  It would strengthen any trade down opportunities for them.  

What the Chargers & Panthers do regarding the QB position will really make this draft interesting. Jumping the Dolphins with the Skins pick could be in play. Whatever happens let's pray that the Fins get screwed somehow. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

What the Chargers & Panthers do regarding the QB position will really make this draft interesting. Jumping the Dolphins with the Skins pick could be in play. Whatever happens let's pray that the Fins get screwed somehow. 

Just to raise the counterpoint...if the Fish don't get a QB, they are very likely to draft an OT.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, nycdan said:

Just to raise the counterpoint...if the Fish don't get a QB, they are very likely to draft an OT.  

Would they pass on Chase? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, MindOverMatter said:

Maybe Redskins saw Arizona take Murray after drafting Rosen and aren't scared to pull the trigger on Tua or someone else. Do you take the stud DE and make a scary front consisting of Kerrigan-Payne-J.Allen-Sweat and Young or take the risk of drafting Tua and having another RG3 situation. It'd be better for the Jets if Washington takes Young at 2, imo.

I don't think it makes any difference. If Wash. really likes Tua and takes him #2 overall, the Giants will take Young- GUARANTEED, passing on a an O-lineman. That works out for the Jets. But then again, when the Dolphins pick and Tua is gone, they will probably pick an O-lineman. So there is that. Then there are also top 5 trade implications once you have the top 2 QBs go and only Herbert is left. Or maybe the Dolphins take Herbert. Again, works out for the Jets. Then again, the Chargers might then decide to take an O-lineman instead of a QB. 

Bottom line, at 11, the Jets draft too late for there to be a major impact with who goes at the second pick. IMO.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

No link. Saw it run across the scroller at the bottom on ESPN. With Rivera in at HC it sounds like all options are on the table and Haskins may not be his guy. Interesting. 

This is what you do if you want to panic the dolphins into trading up and don't mind okudah as your first pick

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jetster said:

Woody was all smiles when we traded for Tebow. Freaking moron. I would have fired Macc the 1st time I saw Hackenberg throwing balls 4' over WRs heads. I'd have gone back, revisited that draft, call Macc in my office & have him justify wasting a 2nd round pick on a guy whose college coach passed on who was the Head Coach of the Texans in need of a QB. 

It's always amazed me how some of these owners haven't a clue, and guys like Rex, Idzik, Bowles, Macc, continually f*ck up & the idiot never learns from it. Although Chris is just another silver spooned Johnson I think he finally got a football guy in here in Joe Douglas. 

I love the fact that Joe Douglas wouldn't even take the job without a 6 year contract. You don't think other teams don't pay attention to the mistakes of others? The Jets drafts are a documentary of everything that is wrong with bad franchises. 

Woody and Dolan are the worst owners in their respective sports it’s really not even close

 

2 trust fund babies who are also not bright 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Jetster said:

Snyder is another Woody, he likes splashy headlines. What the Cards did proves you don't sit on QB you don't want if you have the chance to upgrade. 

Just like Macc thinking ahead on DTs...you don't sit on Leo if you can get a Quinnen, right?

:P

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Snyder is a tool like Dolan and Woody

 

 

 

I guess that would make him a Doody?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

I guess that would make him a Doody?

Touché 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The team that is in the best spot is Detroit. If Burrow and Young go 1&2, or if two QB's go 1&2, they hold the key to assuring somebody else either gets Young or qb#3. They can probably get pretty much anything they want for that pick.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

They should be looking at Tua. That kid’s gonna be real good.

Haskins on the other hand...not so much. I’m also not basing that off of last season. Redskins were a dumpster fire with no coach, no ol, etc. But I wasn’t high on him in the draft. He seems like he’ll be a journeyman back up.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haskins is lousy so yes they should be looking at QB however I still think Tua is a bit over rated and all the other guys behind Burrow are need risers.  They should take Young, or trade down.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/27/2020 at 7:38 AM, Philc1 said:

Snyder is a tool like Dolan and Woody

 

3 clowns who prove billionaires shouldn’t exist

 

Snyder will take Tua. Bank on it. It’s his nature to make a splash despite the risk Tua presents. Rivera or the GM will have no say so. Miami will be crying. But they need a QB so I see them taking Love. Chargers also need A QB see them taking Herbert. 4 QB’s in top 10. We will get one of the top 4 OL!!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Snyder will take Tua. Bank on it. It’s his nature to make a splash despite the risk Tua presents. Rivera or the GM will have no say so. Miami will be crying. But they need a QB so I see them taking Love. Chargers also need A QB see them taking Herbert. 4 QB’s in top 10. We will get one of the top 4 OL!!!!

As crazy as it sounds i think this could easily happen. True about Snyder and there are always surprises on draft night. Hoping for Wirfs or Thomas.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/28/2020 at 10:59 AM, section314 said:

The team that is in the best spot is Detroit. If Burrow and Young go 1&2, or if two QB's go 1&2, they hold the key to assuring somebody else either gets Young or qb#3. They can probably get pretty much anything they want for that pick.

Matt Millen is NOT running things in Detroit. If Burrows and Tua go 1-2, Detroit would get best player in draft at 3. Young is an absolute beast in the mold of Bosa. No brainer.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

As crazy as it sounds i think this could easily happen. True about Snyder and there are always surprises on draft night. Hoping for Wirfs or Thomas.

With Wirf’s combine, he’s definitely out of our reach. Same for Becton. I think we’d have our choice of Thomas or Wills....and the winner is.....Thomas.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Matt Millen is NOT running things in Detroit. If Burrows and Tua go 1-2, Detroit would get best player in draft at 3. Young is an absolute beast in the mold of Bosa. No brainer.

Problem is Staford might be done

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Wonderboy said:

Matt Millen is NOT running things in Detroit. If Burrows and Tua go 1-2, Detroit would get best player in draft at 3. Young is an absolute beast in the mold of Bosa. No brainer.

Agreed. If your scenario comes to pass, the Lions hit the lottery one way or another.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...