Marquise Goodwin?

If Robby goes, and we are looking for a Speedy WR to take the top off the defense, I think possibly working out a trade with SF might make a lot of sense.  

If we are really looking at Ruggs than its evident we either think Robby will be pricing himself out of what we are willing to pay, and we are looking for speed on Offense.  I wouldn't mind maybe sending a 4 or 5

While I agree to build through the draft, if we could move our 4 or 5 to get this done, I think it could be a potentially great move for one of(if not the fastest) WR's in the league right now

From Rotoworld:

When asked if the team is open to trading WR Marquise Goodwin, 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan responded, "We could, yeah."

"We wouldn’t release Marquise. He’s too valuable," Shanahan said. "If he’s on this team, he’s going to be competing with that group and, if not, I feel pretty confident another team would want him." He also said teams "don’t get rid of valuable people just for nothing." Two seasons removed from breaking out for career-highs in catches (56) and receiving yards (962) in his first year with the Niners, Goodwin has since missed 12 out of a possible 32 games. Due $4.9 million in 2020 and expected to battle Trent Taylor and Jalen Hurd as further competition, San Francisco clearly doesn't have a pressing need for the 29-year-old to stick in the Bay Area. His release would create $3.65 million in cap space.

Thoughts?

A 4th or 5th?  Not from me.  29, injured @ $5M?  No thanks.  I welcome the idea of having guys like this in, but I am not giving up assets for guys that aren't long term answers.

I know we covet speed and want to replace Anderson's ability to take the top off, but I don't know that this is the kind of guy Gase loves.  If he did, they'd probably be all over Anderson.  When I think YAC WR's I think punt returner not kick returner.  That and bigger bulldozer guys, like they hoped for Enunwa.  Goodwin is an interesting thought, but I'm not in for this one. 

• Upvote 2

Giving away picks is not the answer. healthy, available but unproven guy coming off his rookie deal is where I’d go (I’m not expert enough to know who these potentials guys might be ... but hopefully on a team that had well established veteran WR’s in front of him which limited playing time) ... but I’d offer a better than average deal (if necessary) for this type of player ... and let him compete against rookies from the draft.

I go so far as to do this with 2 guys ... preferably the 2nd after the draft if only 1 WR drafted

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1