Henry Ruggs III: Rumors

PepPep

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

Secondly, we'd be letting Robbie go, just to replace him with a luxury model of the same player.

I don't wan't Ruggs... but that luxury model would be 13 mil less per year than RA.  That kind of cap space can go a very long way to shoring up an absolutely terrible line and/or fill another hole in FA.

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

They aren't  as fast as this guy and he can do more than run in a straight  line. I don't  see why you feel the need to crap on anything positive about him, he is a rare combination of speed, catch ability and route running. 

I wish it wasn't in our nature to be so absolute. I never crapped on him. Not feeling like he's earned/worth the #11 overall price tag, and crapping on him are oceans apart. 

He's a great WR prospect. He also not worth #11 pick IMO. Not for us. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I wish it wasn't in our nature to be so absolute. I never crapped on him. Not feeling like he's earned/worth the #11 overall price tag, and crapping on him are oceans apart. 

we sit here praying we can sign multiple good OL in FA, then discuss which wr should be drafted at 11 when the team still desperately needs OTs to protect darnold and the draft is mega deep in wrs.  

34 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Agreed.  The love for Ruggs is getting a little crazy.  He’s going to test ridiculously well so it isn’t  going away.  My buddy told me the buzz around him during his pre-draft workouts is nuts.  I still want my proto-typical X though.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed.  The love for Ruggs is getting a little crazy.  He’s going to test ridiculously well so it isn’t  going away.  My buddy told me the buzz around him during his pre-draft workouts is nuts.  I still want my proto-typical X though.  

Is he better than Hollywood Brown?

8 hours ago, peebag said:

Isn't this suppose to be a really deep WR class?  Gotta go with OL in the 1st.

Yes, it's a very deep WR class but it was also a deep WR class back in 2014 and we waited until the mid rounds to take a wr and missed out on some really special WRs that came out that year. 

The smart move seems to be too go OL with the first pick but going with an elite WR for Sam isn't a bad move if we don't love the OL that fall to us at 11.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Agreed but it's not like Ruggs is just a workout warrior. You watch him play and he is a good route runner and as explosive as any player with the ball in his hands. 

Not sure I'm sold on him with the 11th pick but he is no John Ross. Kid will be really good in the NFL.

4 hours ago, Paradis said:

So basically a faster Tyreke Hill is not for us?

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Yes, it's a very deep WR class but it was also a deep WR class back in 2014 and we waited until the mid rounds to take a wr and missed out on some really special WRs that came out that year. 

The smart move seems to be too go OL with the first pick but going with an elite WR for Sam isn't a bad move if we don't love the OL that fall to us at 11.

We passed on Brandon Cooks for A safety 

Ugh

• Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Faster?

You failed.

Lol. The only thing failed here is your knowledge of this guy you hate.

Hill ran a 4.29. RUggs already beat that.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2863416-alabama-wr-henry-ruggs-iii-declares-for-2020-nfl-draft-forgoes-senior-season

https://www.thebiglead.com/posts/video-henry-ruggs-4-28-40-combine-01e24s2ejgs3

25 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

this guy that i hate..... lol

you're an idiot. 

• Thumb Down 1