Henry Ruggs III: Rumors

PepPep

1 hour ago, choon328 said:

How about this? Sign Vaitai and Conklin then trade Adams to the Raiders for their 12th overall pick and whatever else they put in the deal.  Then take Lamb and Jeudy with back to back picks. You just secured the future for Sam Darnold and the Jets. 

Switch out with Thuney and also resign Beachum and I like that plan

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Not a fan of the shrimps. Tyreek Hill is an outlier & Kelsey makes the tough have to have catches when Mahomes struggles a bit. 

Rams lost to the Patriots because after Kupp was injured they were left with only two shrimp WRs in Cooks & Woods. 

There were like 3 tough plays in the endzone in that game that Goff needed someone to go up & get it but they were too small to compete. 

I commend you for cracking the size/speed code. 

4 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

Fifty times? I don't  even recall you saying that more than maybe one time as a backhanded compliment.  

I'm not trolling you. I made a statement about Ruggs being faster than Hill. You neg repped me for that post and then said "faster than Hill, you fail". Then I posted proof that he is faster and you spin to the conversation to a comment instead of the subject at hand called me an idiot for being right about Ruggs speed and your attitude towards him. He is totally worthy of being our selection if the 4 top OL are gone at 11. 

You want to say I'm wrong about you hating him I except that but you were totally wrong about Ruggs and it was definitely  the reason you thought about him as you did. 

Just no. 

I negative repped you because you literally said he was going to smash the records and walk away the consensus #1 WR... But regardless, you've been selectively reading my posts since the beginning. Backhanded compliment? Child Please. I like Ruggs, a lot. If he was available in the 2nd round, i would be ecstatic. 

There's a version of reality where some people don't love a player enough to be a top 10 pick, but still like the player. You talked about him being a world beater. I pushed back. It's what we do on forums. 

#MovingOn

On 2/27/2020 at 10:25 AM, PepPep said:

Rumors are going to fly up until the draft and most will be untrue. I'm actually a big fan of Ruggs and I think he could be one of the best receivers in this class. He's not just a speedster but he has great hands, good size/catch radius, good route running, fights for the ball, makes the spectacular catches. He can pretty much do it all. 

I'm not on board for this pick if a top OT is on the board, but if the Jets really like him and the top O-linemen are gone, I'm fine with Ruggs over Jeudy or Lamb if the Jets really felt like he was the right player for them.

https://www.jetnation.com/2020/02/27/jets-fans-less-than-thrilled-with-ruggs-rumor/

Five scouting-combine performances that should intrigue the Jets: 1. LT Mekhi Becton. How well can a 369-pound man move? 2. WR Henry Ruggs III. Think Tyreek Hill. The Jets have had their eye on him for a while. 3. WR CeeDee Lamb. Curious about 40 time. Might not be as fast as other top WRs. 4. C Cesar Ruiz. Would be a steal in the second round. Can play guard, too. 5. RB D'Andre Swift. Fast and versatile. Would be nice complement to Le'Veon Bell.

i?img=%2Fi%2Fcolumnists%2Ffull%2Fcimini_rich.png&w=80&h=80&scale=crop
Rich Cimini, ESPN Staff Writer1d ago

One comment I want to add here about NFL WR's.  40 time is no where near as important as speed and quickness in pads during a real game and how aggressive the player is to the ball.  You want a good 40 time of course, but absolute flat out speed does not make a good WR.

• Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, slats said:

That's not a confidence issue. 

So when he slips into a fugue state where he forgets how to play the position, that’s either a loss of confidence or he has some sort of mental disorder that disallows him access to the analytical function of his brain. The disparity between Good Darnold and HackenDarnold is too massive to attribute to anything other than confidence. I’ve always said he had a lot of Eli in him, and Eli has similar swings. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Just no. 

I negative repped you because you literally said he was going to smash the records and walk away the consensus #1 WR... But regardless, you've been selectively reading my posts since the beginning. Backhanded compliment? Child Please. I like Ruggs, a lot. If he was available in the 2nd round, i would be ecstatic. 

There's a version of reality where some people don't love a player enough to be a top 10 pick, but still like the player. You talked about him being a world beater. I pushed back. It's what we do on forums. 

#MovingOn

You negative repped me in a post where I said he was faster than Hill and he is. Not by a lot but he posted a faster 40 time regardless. I may have felt he would be the #1 guy but it wasn't  conveyed in that post. 

Got anymore revisionist history for me?

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

So when he slips into a fugue state where he forgets how to play the position, that’s either a loss of confidence or he has some sort of mental disorder that disallows him access to the analytical function of his brain. The disparity between Good Darnold and HackenDarnold is too massive to attribute to anything other than confidence. I’ve always said he had a lot of Eli in him, and Eli has similar swings. 

We’re both speculating, but I really don’t believe that confidence is a problem for Darnold. What you’re calling a “fugue state” for him usually happens when everything is going south for the entire team. That’s why I said that I think his mistakes come when he’s trying to do too much, recognizing that no one else is going to make the play. I’d love to see Sam get on one of Eli’s hot streaks some time, but I don’t think we’re gonna see him lead the league in interceptions. 

While his play on the field has yet to consistently show it, I think his steady demeanor is one of his best attributes. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You negative repped me in a post where I said he was faster than Hill and he is. Not by a lot but he posted a faster 40 time regardless. I may have felt he would be the #1 guy but it wasn't  conveyed in that post. 

Got anymore revisionist history for me?

D3677274-E303-4570-8170-88BFEC2133A9.gif.2c5f526b083685923c7a5df274cfadcf.gif

Well Ruggs better be a grade A prime awesome receiver other than just being fast.  We have Robbie Anderson and we are going to let him go quite possibly.  And we have Robbie Anderson who can't get the ball because the 0line is garbage.

If the jets come anywhere close to Ruggs it will be because absolutely everything has gone wrong for them before they pick or if they make a suspect trade down.