Report: Jets Plan on Making Push to Retain Robby, Bidding Could hit $15 Million

JetNation

On 2/27/2020 at 8:36 PM, Jetsfan80 said:

2 things can be true at the same time:  Mahomes walked into a great situation AND is a super-elite QB, far superior to Sam Darnold in every way.  Only a homer could watch those 2 play and suggest otherwise. 

And again, I said Sam AT HIS BEST.  Meaning even when removing all his bad performances and looking at the times when he has a free pocket and is throwing darts, Mahomes still looks like a completely different and significantly better QB.  

It's why Andy Reid traded up for him and dumped Alex Smith (coming off a career year) in the first place.  

No! Everything is black or white. Mahomes succeeded on the Chiefs. Therefore it’s totally reasonable to attribute the same success to Darnold if he was a Chief—but not Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Daniel Jones, or any other young QB not on the Jets. This only works for Darnold.

• Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, jgb said:

No! Everything is black or white. Mahomes succeeded on the Chiefs. Therefore it’s totally reasonable to attribute the same success to Darnold if he was a Chief—but not Baker Mayfield, Josh Allen, Daniel Jones, or any other young QB not on the Jets. This only works for Darnold.

h8r

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/27/2020 at 5:34 PM, SR24 said:

Maybe but we can also cut him a year later with no cap penalty so it’s really not a huge gamble. With Cooper likely getting 18mil+, Robby possibly getting $15+ it’s not a bad value 

There is reporting rhat I heard or read that the Jets have offered Robby 10 million and there is no market for the 15 million he is seeking due to the WR heavy draft class. If we could get Anderson to sign long term for 10 or 11, I would sign up for that. I would feel a lot better about 9 million because maybe it be a wakeup call for him but having him make non-superstar money is good enough. Could  you imagine if the Jets drafted Ruggs and had Anderson on the other side? Defenses  would have to stay in dime almost exclusively and that could do wonders for Bell and Herndon. 

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

There is reporting rhat I heard or read that the Jets have offered Robby 10 million and there is no market for the 15 million he is seeking due to the WR heavy draft class. If we could get Anderson to sign long term for 10 or 11, I would sign up for that. I would feel a lot better about 9 million because maybe it be a wakeup call for him but having him make non-superstar money is good enough. Could  you imagine if the Jets drafted Ruggs and had Anderson on the other side? Defenses  would have to stay in dime almost exclusively and that could do wonders for Bell and Herndon. 

I posted this a few days ago before the market for Robby came back to reality lol But yes the speed on offense would be amazing. Still don't think Joe D goes WR over OL though but time will tell!

26 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If the market for Robby is not strong, I would much prefer to sign him short-term.  A one or two year deal where he can hit FA again in a year or two, (and has a near term incentive not to be a knucklehead).  

• Upvote 1