Jump to content
DLJ

Tom Brady done in NE/ AFC East?

Recommended Posts

The Patriots may not have talked to Tom Brady‘s representation, but other teams have.

 

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media named the Chargers, Raiders and Colts as teams Don Yee and Carter Chow have met with about Brady this week in Indianapolis. The Giants, named by a different NFL Media reporter as a potential suitor, were not listed in Rapoport’s report.

 

While it is common for teams to meet with the agents of prospective agents at the Combine, it also is against the rules. The Patriots are unlikely to file tampering charges, and in fact, as Tom Curran of NBC Sports Boston has reported, New England appears to welcome the talks between Brady’s representation and other teams.

 

The talks will give Brady a good idea of his market before the Patriots get together with him.

 

There is a growing sense around the league, though, that Brady is headed elsewhere to continue his career.

 

Via: PFT

 

 

ProFootballTalk: Report: Tom Brady's representation has met with Chargers, Raiders, Colts https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/27/report-tom-bradys-agent-has-met-with-chargers-raiders-colts/

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Like everyone ese I've followed this story pretty closely.

I'm amazed it's gotten to the point where "people in the NFL" think he might be playing elsewhere. I never imagined that happening...

Which gives us a glimmer of hope against the 2nd hardest schedule in the league next season.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DLJ said:

 

The Patriots may not have talked to Tom Brady‘s representation, but other teams have.

 

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media named the Chargers, Raiders and Colts as teams Don Yee and Carter Chow have met with about Brady this week in Indianapolis. The Giants, named by a different NFL Media reporter as a potential suitor, were not listed in Rapoport’s report.

 

While it is common for teams to meet with the agents of prospective agents at the Combine, it also is against the rules. The Patriots are unlikely to file tampering charges, and in fact, as Tom Curran of NBC Sports Boston has reported, New England appears to welcome the talks between Brady’s representation and other teams.

 

The talks will give Brady a good idea of his market before the Patriots get together with him.

 

There is a growing sense around the league, though, that Brady is headed elsewhere to continue his career.

 

Via: PFT

 

 

ProFootballTalk: Report: Tom Brady's representation has met with Chargers, Raiders, Colts https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/27/report-tom-bradys-agent-has-met-with-chargers-raiders-colts/

 

YES.

Let him go to the Giants, I heard they have an open competition there!!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wherever he goes, I just hope his pimply butt gets pounded, and he looks Marino-esque, the way Dan looked when he played his last game against Jacksonville in the playoffs. (That is quite possibly my favorite non-Jets football memory.) 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If you had told me a couple of years ago that both Mookie Betts and Tom Brady could leave Boston in the same few months... I would have told you to lay off the glue.

  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not a surprise. Will be very surprised if he goes somewhere that isnt stacked 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, FidelioJet said:

He’s going to the Raiders.

That was settled probably 6 months ago.

He's going where the wife with the leash tells him to go.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Like everyone ese I've followed this story pretty closely.

I'm amazed it's gotten to the point where "people in the NFL" think he might be playing elsewhere. I never imagined that happening...

Speak for yourself. I've barely followed this at all. I don't care where he plays. He's done. Irrelevant.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, FidelioJet said:

He’s going to the Raiders.

That was settled probably 6 months ago.

Makes the most sense

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Flushing Roots said:

He's going where the wife with the leash tells him to go.

This was not a decision Tom Brady was going to make on his own (not talking about his family)

If Tom Brady is leaving the Pats - Kraft and Goodell were involved in this decision well before it was made.

Going to the Raiders is the ideal landing spot for the league.   

  • Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the Chargers might be the play.  It's LA, which would serve Giselle's purposes far better than Vegas.  They could draft Tua and let him sit and heal for a year behind Brady.  Honestly, the only reason Tom is still going to play is because he and Brees are playing chicken to see who retires first so the other can take the all-time leader position in TDs and passing yards.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been hoping NE gives him a new contract. Brady was not that good at the end of the season in 2018, looked worse in 2019 and 2020 is going to be his year where even he will realize  he now sucks.

Nothing could make me happier than seeing all the Pat fans in open revolt when he starts losing games for the Pats. 

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Even an enfeebled Tom Brady scares the sh*t out of me.  I’ll breathe a huge sigh of relief when he’s out the division. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

 joewilly12 just repped me in another thread...

The Prodigal Son has returned!

He’s just repping right now to break back in and then

 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I was really hoping he’d stay, be horrible 

and refuse to leave, and torture them like Marino did to Miami for his last 5 years

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, David Harris said:

Even an enfeebled Tom Brady scares the sh*t out of me.  I’ll breathe a huge sigh of relief when he’s out the division. 

Exactly! How many long TD throws has he thrown against us? I can't even remember any. Whether he's 43 or 50, he still can throw those damn 5 to 15 yard darts because he ALWAYS KNOWS where the open man is on every freaking play like the back of his hand. 

Brady is a 3rd down converting machine if you can't pressure him & when's the last time we even hit him? Get him out of here so we can finally rush a QB who doesn't calculate the entire field in 2.5 seconds & hesitates too long now & then, or misses an open WR, or throws the ball at the RBs feet instead of right on his hands in stride from 10 yards away like a handoff dropping in so perfectly like Brady does 90% of the time. 

People forget how f*cking consistent Brady is, how he's literally a coach on the field, and why at an age where he's catching up to George Blanda up to 3 teams are still interested in signing him. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Exactly! How many long TD throws has he thrown against us? I can't even remember any. Whether he's 43 or 50, he still can throw those damn 5 to 15 yard darts because he ALWAYS KNOWS where the open man is on every freaking play like the back of his hand. 

Brady is a 3rd down converting machine if you can't pressure him & when's the last time we even hit him? Get him out of here so we can finally rush a QB who doesn't calculate the entire field in 2.5 seconds & hesitates too long now & then, or misses an open WR, or throws the ball at the RBs feet instead of right on his hands in stride from 10 yards away like a handoff dropping in so perfectly like Brady does 90% of the time. 

People forget how f*cking consistent Brady is, how he's literally a coach on the field, and why at an age where he's catching up to George Blanda up to 3 teams are still interested in signing him. GOOD RIDDANCE!!!

And the worst part about it is it's such a slow and painful death. You have to sit and watch your defense getting picked apart knowing that the pats will score but for some reason you can't look away. It's just an absolute horror.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

And the worst part about it is it's such a slow and painful death. You have to sit and watch your defense getting picked apart knowing that the pats will score but for some reason you can't look away. It's just an absolute horror.

Worst ever was the debacle on Thanksgiving which included the infamous butt fumble.  They scored on three fumbles in under a minute. And all in front of a captive Thanksgiving audience. Made me want to plunge the bones of the turkey drumsticks deeply into my eyes to stop what I was witnessing.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What's funny about the Chargers talk is Rivers had better numbers over the last decade and they could not win with him, why do they think Brady will change any of that? Chargers have to draft a QB since they are not upgrading in FA...

The Colts make sense with a dome and great OL - payback for Josh backing out LOL

Raiders suck and Gruden will make him cry but new stadium and Vegas would make for good entertainment

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Bungaman said:

Wherever he goes, I just hope his pimply butt gets pounded, and he looks Marino-esque, the way Dan looked when he played his last game against Jacksonville in the playoffs. (That is quite possibly my favorite non-Jets football memory.) 

The Jaguars just scored again!!!

Said that to the tune of 62 points.  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Makes the most sense

Not to Brady if hes looking to win.

The most sense would be to go to the Colts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh, I wish he would return.  I want to beat him and take over the reigns.  Ideally, the Jets end his career the same way they started his career, only this time his backup doesnt go on to dominate the division to 20 years. 

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, munchmemory said:

Worst ever was the debacle on Thanksgiving which included the infamous butt fumble.  They scored on three fumbles in under a minute. And all in front of a captive Thanksgiving audience. Made me want to plunge the bones of the turkey drumsticks deeply into my eyes to stop what I was witnessing.

I remember that vividly. My whole family was so embarrassed.

  • Upvote 1
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

75/25 he goes back to NE

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, JiF said:

Meh, I wish he would return.  I want to beat him and take over the reigns.  Ideally, the Jets end his career the same way they started his career, only this time his backup doesnt go on to dominate the division to 20 years. 

Also would love to see Brady trying to win without the cheating bastard at HC 

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DLJ said:

 

The Patriots may not have talked to Tom Brady‘s representation, but other teams have.

 

Ian Rapoport of NFL Media named the Chargers, Raiders and Colts as teams Don Yee and Carter Chow have met with about Brady this week in Indianapolis. The Giants, named by a different NFL Media reporter as a potential suitor, were not listed in Rapoport’s report.

 

While it is common for teams to meet with the agents of prospective agents at the Combine, it also is against the rules. The Patriots are unlikely to file tampering charges, and in fact, as Tom Curran of NBC Sports Boston has reported, New England appears to welcome the talks between Brady’s representation and other teams.

 

The talks will give Brady a good idea of his market before the Patriots get together with him.

 

There is a growing sense around the league, though, that Brady is headed elsewhere to continue his career.

 

Via: PFT

 

 

ProFootballTalk: Report: Tom Brady's representation has met with Chargers, Raiders, Colts https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/02/27/report-tom-bradys-agent-has-met-with-chargers-raiders-colts/

 

How is this possible if the legal "tampering" period doesn't begin till 3/16? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

Also would love to see Brady trying to win without the cheating bastard at HC 

 

 

There is part of me that wants to point and laugh and say "see ,these cheaters cant win without each other" but it's not even necessary.  They're entire legacy is pure garbage and I dont recognize it as is, so I'd just like to end his career and put it all to bed finally.

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Why does Tom Brady suddenly seem to care about his salary? I dunno seems fishy.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...