Tom Brady done in NE/ AFC East?

Vudu

49 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I remember that vividly. My whole family was so embarrassed.

While that was embarrassing as hell, remember it was a against the Patriots who have been in the Super Bowl 9 times with Brady at the helm in 19 years. So most fans from other teams turned it off after the 3rd fumble & score. Fans who turned on PRIMETIME games with the Patriots pretty much watched them win like 99% of the time. 

What was truly embarrassing was the MNF game in which the Indianapolis Colts scored 3 consecutive times in the 1st quarter like it was a 7 on 7 drill & the Jets defenders weren't even in the picture!!! That game was literally the equivalent of the saying like a hot knife through butter. 

This was the COLTS not the Patriots. It had me for the 1st time thinking WHY DO I PUT MYSELF THROUGH THIS SH*T! 

I remember I was traveling so I was watching it in the hotel room & when Indy waltzed into the endzone that 3rd time & the announcers were even dumbfounded by the absolute horrible effort on the part of the Jets defense, I calmly grabbed the remote & click..went to sleep. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, JiF said:

Meh, I wish he would return.  I want to beat him and take over the reigns.  Ideally, the Jets end his career the same way they started his career, only this time his backup doesnt go on to dominate the division to 20 years. 

Jet fans will get no satisfaction if Brady stayed in New England. Win & they'll say....lol, it took 20 years & Brady walking with a cane for you guys to beat him, or, he stays they sign all offensive weapons around him & he beats us twice AGAIN and we miss the playoffs by one game. 

Id rather have him just leave the division honestly. 

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Tom Brady will not be a Patriot in 2020/2021.

Deleted.

/predictionsarefun.

Before people get butthurt, these are simple predictions, NOT political judgements ffs.  I make no claim to "good or bad" on the second one.  That's for each of you to decide.  

With that said, I deleted it anyway.  

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

Not to Brady if hes looking to win.

The most sense would be to go to the Colts

Giselle doesn’t want to live in a podunk market like Indianapolis 

Raiders OL was 6th best in pass protection last year, they got Fells, Renfrow, Tyrell Williams, Josh Jacobs etc

• Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Jet fans will get no satisfaction if Brady stayed in New England. Win & they'll say....lol, it took 20 years & Brady walking with a cane for you guys to beat him, or, he stays they sign all offensive weapons around him & he beats us twice AGAIN and we miss the playoffs by one game. 

Id rather have him just leave the division honestly. 

It’ll be like when Jordan retired twice in the 90’s and both times the Knicks got to the Finals the following season 

6 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Giselle doesn’t want to live in a podunk market like Indianapolis 

Raiders OL was 6th best in pass protection last year, they got Fells, Renfrow, Tyrell Williams, Josh Jacobs etc

And you know this how exactly.

You don't even strike me as being on the Giselle/Tom Christmas card list

The Raiders compared to the Colts are trash.  Colts give him a chance to win.  

28 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And you know this how exactly.

You don't even strike me as being on the Giselle/Tom Christmas card list

The Raiders compared to the Colts are trash.  Colts give him a chance to win.  

Phil has "sauces"...

It's why I take all his QB hot takes so seriously.   :---)

I don't know about his relationship with Vrabel. Are they close, on the same page in terms of football and an offense. Vrable obviously has done a good job with the Titans. He's an up and coming head coach if not already there. Would he want someone as strong willed as Brady as his starting Qb. Probably yes and they have a good team and a need at Qb. Plus Nashville isn't a bad place to live and raise a family. But do the Titans want to pay 30 million for a starting Qb which is probably what the Raiders are willing to spend. Brady has taken a lower salary with NEP in the past to help the team pay other players. But he doesn't have any loyalty or history with this team. It's possibly his future destination. As for New England lots of rumors about conflict between him and Beli and maybe even Kraft. Some of it a few years ago dealing with his personal trainer and Beli basically not wanting him around the team. We don't know it could be his wife and her politics which seems to be against his and against Kraft. All rumors but why then is he even entertaining the idea of leaving a team he's been with for 20 years. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Beerfish said:

This is all BS and attention seeking from a guy who is becoming irrelevant.

Brady is past it and will go back to the Pats next year.

Eh, could be like Carmelo Anthony.  Was never going to leave the Knicks, just wanted his one shot at being wined and dined by teams that were interested

I agree, he probably goes back too.  He has the best chance to win in NE if they add a few weapons for him 

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

I don't see Brady getting the 2 for 60 everyone is putting out there.

How do you give that to a 43 year old QB, unless you're New England saying thanks for the memories...

Selling seats is good for business. Jerseys too.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

How do you give that to a 43 year old QB, unless you're New England saying thanks for the memories...

Yeah true, the NEP tradition under Beli is never pay a guy past his prime. And underpay a guy during his prime. But this is Brady. Probably same thing. Another possible reason for any dispute between Tom and the org was the situation with Garoppolo. And the story that Beli didn't want to trade Jimmy but was forced to by Brady and Kraft. And that added to any bad blood between them. It's funny that it's the 49ers. The one team that you'd think ordinarily Tom would want to finish his career with. He was a 49ers fan growing up and his father was a season ticket holder. But unless SF was willing to trade Jimmy which is not probable that's not going to happen. If they had a need at Qb it would be a no brainer for them you'd think. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Maxman said:

Selling seats is good for business. Jerseys too.

You'd have to sell a lot of seats and jerseys to make up 60 million though, wouldn't you?

I get the arguments about energizing a fan base, or pushing a team like the Titans/Colts over the hump...  2/60 at this point just seems like a big number to me, and yet most people think It's reasonable.  "Shrug"

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You'd have to sell a lot of seats and jerseys to make up 60 million though, wouldn't you?

I get the arguments about energizing a fan base, or pushing a team like the Titans/Colts over the hump...  2/60 at this point just seems like a big number to me, and yet most people think It's reasonable.  "Shrug"

Superstar players sell seats n jerseys for your franchise. 

10 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

If you’re the Raiders moving to a new city and trying to build excitement around a team that has never had a major professional sports team.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

The Raiders and the Chargers will pay not only for football but for business. The Chargers especially! They are trying to create a following in LA in their new stadium that they share with the Rams. 2 years @$60M may be well worth it for them.

14 minutes ago, JetsFanatic said:

The Raiders and the Chargers will pay not only for football but for business. The Chargers especially! They are trying to create a following in LA in their new stadium that they share with the Rams. 2 years @$60M may be well worth it for them.

So the Chargers will build a following by letting one aging, over the hill QB walk and replace him with another aging, over the hill QB?

If that's their winning formula they'll never draw.

• Upvote 1

On 2/27/2020 at 4:44 PM, Patriot Killa said:

Which gives us a glimmer of hope against the 2nd hardest schedule in the league next season.

What’s so hard about teams like the Chargers, cardinals, colts or browns? Add on the Dolphins twice. We already proved we can beat the raiders and the rams won one more game then us last year.

Yes we play the Seahawks and 49ers. At least the nfc champs will have to travel across the country to play us. I didn’t even mention the bradyless pats. Sorry I don’t see this schedule as so hard as people make it 

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

A QB who isn't over the hill and can help win games.

Then, maybe they put asses in the seats.

WTF does Brady give them over Rivers?  

And who would that be? Give me a name..dont just "thumb down" a idea and don't have an answer yourself.

How about less ints with a far more talented offense to start.

Ha ha @ now Brady cant win you games..

5 hours ago, ghost_in_pads02 said:

And who would that be? Give me a name..dont just "thumb down" a idea and don't have an answer yourself.

How about less ints with a far more talented offense to start.

Ha ha @ now Brady cant win you games..

I just did 

Brady won't win any more games than Rivers.

Ha Ha & youre on a Jet board pimping the idea of your teams QB going to the Chargers.  Brilliant

2 hours ago, Jet Nut said:

I just did 

Brady won't win any more games than Rivers.

Ha Ha & youre on a Jet board pimping the idea of your teams QB going to the Chargers.  Brilliant

What name did you give me??? 

Pimpin? (I was never the one that mentioned the Chargers in the 1st place) Ha ha...now stop w your assumptions and b.s. I ask you a simple question that you clearly cant answer.