Law Wants $10 Million Guaranteed

PatsFanTX

Law seeks $10m

Former Patriots cornerback Ty Law told Kansas City Star columnist Jason Whitlock that he's seeking around $10 million in guaranteed, bonus money in his next contract.

Such a figure, assuming another team would pay it, would mean Law's potential free-agent return to the Patriots is unlikely.

Law, in Hawaii for the Pro Bowl, also said he expects the Jets to release him within the coming weeks.

Getting Ty Law would pair him with Pat Surtain... but, I'd be willing to bet that Herm coaches the Chiefs to, at least, two losses that should have been wins. And then he throws Gunther under the bus. And Ty will make too much money, he'll get to the Pro Bowl on rep (how else do you explain a 4-12 team getting two Pro Bowlers?), and demand a new contract.

That and I was thinking... couldn't Jim Hermman now help keep Law here? I mean, he's a Michigan man and all... :rolleyes:

Eh.. if you're on a 4-12 team, it's all relative. Based on his play, do you really feel he deserves to be there?

I seem to recall him shutting down Steve Smith, shutting down Chambers twice, shutting down Joe Horn, Joey Galloway, and Randy Moss. AND leading the league in interceptions.

So, just curious, what does it take for you to give a guy a Pro Bowl nod? Law just had the best season of his career. I don't care if the team was 4-12, 12-4, or 0-16.

Law certainly had a strong year for us this past season, but his upcoming bonus makes it financially impossible for us to keep him. Even if we released him, and wanted him back, I'm sure there will be someone out there with plenty of cap room that will add him as the final piece to their championship puzzle, similar to what he thought he was for us this year.

If you say so... I seem to remember the guy getting bashed left and right, but if you have a better recollection of it, then who am I to argue?

He got bashed because he was a ****. That does not mean he was not arguably the best corner in football last season.

He got bashed because he was a ****. That does not mean he was not arguably the best corner in football last season.

Not going to argue with you... I really didn't get a chance to see the Jets play that often. I was either at work or they weren't on tv. The times they were on tv? They were embarassed.

Personally, I wish Ty would be more of a team guy and take a pay cut and stay with the team, but what can you do? I'm a Michigan guy at heart.

honestly screw this money grubbing f****t...

He called bellichek a "liar" would gladly suck his c**k again for money, this guy didnt perform well at all for us, lets be real, he made some lucky garbage time interceptions later on in the season, half of which were tipped first and against terrible QBs on terrible teams, and never made a good tackle for us when we needed one. (Please don't try to beat the censor)

Archived