8 Most Likely Jets Picks at #11

Sarge4Tide

8 Most Likely Jets Picks at #11  

138 members have voted

1. 1. All 8 of these players won't be on the board at #11, but if they all are, who would be your FIRST CHOICE?

• Jedrick Wills OT Alabama
    • Andrew Thomas OT UGA
    • Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa
    • Mekhi Becton OT Louisville
    • CeeDee Lamb WR Oklahoma
    • Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama
    • Henry Ruggs WR Alabama
    • K'Lavon Chaisson Edge LSU
  2. 2. All 8 of these players won't be on the board at #11, but if they all are, who would be your SECOND CHOICE?

• Andrew Thomas OT UGA
    • Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa
    • Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama
    • Henry Ruggs WR Alabama
  3. 3. Which of these 8 do you think would be GOOD picks at #11? (Select all that apply)

• Andrew Thomas OT UGA
    • Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa
    • Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama
    • Henry Ruggs WR Alabama
  4. 4. Which of these 8 do you think would be BAD picks at #11? (Select all that apply)

• Andrew Thomas OT UGA
    • Tristan Wirfs OT Iowa
    • Jerry Jeudy WR Alabama
    • Henry Ruggs WR Alabama
    • None would be a bad choice

24 minutes ago, freestater said:

You come up with some really well thought out polls, Sarge. I'm sure they take quite a bit of time to come up with. Just want you to know that your efforts are appreciated. Yours, KRL's and a few others' threads on this site are a "must open". Very good job on this one too. Thank you. 

Agreed

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nico002 said:

Becton scares me

Agreed

I don’t see much middle ground there.

Either he’s going to be an all-pro caliber player for a decade or he’ll be out of the league in a few years.

Thomas is still far and away my top choice. Hopefully teams fall in love with the upside of dudes like Becton and Wirfs and Thomas falls to #11.

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

So help me, if the Jets take a center with the 11th pick in the draft...

I’ve always said I’d rather take the best IOL or S if it’s a needed position then take the 5th best OT. I would take a OT first then WR, ED then OG/OC. There’s almost zero chance of the top OT, best WR(s) and ED being gone before 11 but if they are I’d rather take the best IOL then. 

• Upvote 1

Becton has bust written all over him at LT, hes just too big. Really the only iffy choice @ 11 is Becton, or a defensive player. I'm looking for a plug and play starter at LT with pick 11. I wouldn't hate Lamb or Juedy but I really think our line should be addressed with the first two picks and then we can grab receivers in round 3 or 4. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, freestater said:

You come up with some really well thought out polls, Sarge. I'm sure they take quite a bit of time to come up with. Just want you to know that your efforts are appreciated. Yours, KRL's and a few others' threads on this site are a "must open". Very good job on this one too. Thank you. 

Big +1.  Sarge is a very solid contributor to this community.  

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, Sarge4Tide said:

So, to me at least, it seems like there are 8 legitimate possibilities for the Jets to pick at #11.  Of course some of the 8 will be off the board and we all know the Jets and they will likely take some random player we never heard of, but assuming that there are at this point 8 very likely names the Jets might pick, what are your thoughts on those 8 players?

I  am going to answer this using a baseball tone.

Thomas or Wirfs would be a Home Run.  Wills at Guard will be another Home run.   Lamb and Jeudy would be a triple and only because the OT is a bigger need and there are not too many of them that has first round grade.  Chiasson would be a double since having an outside rusher on the edge is a need.  Now Ruggs right now is a single just because I need to watch more tape on him.  Why wasn't he the number 1 receiver at Alabama if he was that fast.  And Becton for me is a Strike Out.  I don't believe he is a quality OT right now. So much development on his feet movement and needs to learn how to drive the opposing player. 

Note:  I would of substituted Becton with Josh Jones.  Now that would be a better quality OT but Excellent Post. 

• Upvote 2

I'd rather have the 1st or 2nd ranked WR on the board as opposed to the 4th or 5th ranked OL. The OL can be addressed adequately in FA where the Jets are not "forced" to take the next available OL at #11.  

A defensive player at ANY position CANNOT be the pick at 11 under any circumstances. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I really hope the Jets wait until the 2nd or 3rd round to grab a WR.  The first pick should be an OT, preferably LT, either with the 11 pick or later with a trade down.

Then, in the second round, look at WR or C. A lot there depends on who is available.

If they do end up going WR in the first, then the second and third round picks (all 3) should be best OL available, with an OT and C among the three.

We need at least two OL from this draft who can start from day one.

• Upvote 2

I wish I knew enough( like football smarts, injury prone?,wanting to win etc.) about all the options presented, would never pretend I did. That being said it doesn't take a rocket scientist to know no matter who plays Qb he must be protected. The more picks the better too, so I'm split between a worthy LT/OL, and trading down. If there is no worthy LT or C I trade down for picks and get another OL etc. and WR at least in this WR rich bunch.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

I’ve always said I’d rather take the best IOL or S if it’s a needed position then take the 5th best OT. I would take a OT first then WR, ED then OG/OC. There’s almost zero chance of the top OT, best WR(s) and ED being gone before 11 but if they are I’d rather take the best IOL then. 

There should be a 0.0% chance of taking a center at #11 no matter how cuddly he is. That's a move for a contender that has 2 holes left to fill, not a dozen of them. Even then it's likely terrible value there, as you'd just trade down to get the same player. 

It's not an accident that it's the lowest-compensated OL position. There are like 20 tackles making more than the highest paid center. There's every likelihood that Beachum will cost more this year than any center in NFL history. I'm not sure there's been a single center taken in the top half of round 1 in the last 30 years. 

If the best OL on the board is a center, then trade down or just take another position. No exceptions. Not even if he eventually becomes the best center in football.

19 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There should be a 0.0% chance of taking a center at #11 no matter how cuddly he is. That's a move for a contender that has 2 holes left to fill, not a dozen of them.

It's not an accident that it's the lowest-compensated OL position. There are like 20 tackles making more than the highest paid center. There's every likelihood that Beachum will cost more this year than any center in NFL history. I'm not sure there's been a single center taken in the top half of round 1 in the last 30 years. 

If the best OL on the board is a center, then trade down or just take another position. No exceptions. Not even if he eventually becomes the best center in football.

I’d rather have a Mangold or Mawae on the team then a long shot at another position. 

2 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

I’d rather have a Mangold or Mawae on the team then a long shot at another position. 

There is no Mawae or Mangold in this class.

I used to be big on Biadasz but his bowl game performance was so utterly sh*tastic that he can pretty much kiss goodbye any chance he previously had at going in the Top 40, much less the Top 20.