11 minutes ago, Lith said:

Agreed.  This would not be a bad WR corps:

Crowder
Robby
Higgins/Mims
V Smith
Berrios
Day 3 WR or inexpensive vet FA

Do you think Mims and Higgins will be available at 48? I think there is a slight chance for Higgins but I see Mims going round 1.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'm VERY much on board the Mims train.  I like the look of this quite a bit.

Can't see Mims being available with our second rounder unless we trade up. He has great tape and had a monster combine.

• Upvote 4

I like Robby but if he's shooting for $12+ mill and a guy like Perriman can be had for $7-8 mill I'd save the money.  I saw a couple of his Tampa games after Evans and Godwin got hurt and I thought he looked really good.  Nothing like what he was as a rookie on the Ravens...

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

17 minutes ago, RobR said:

Can't see Mims being available with our second rounder unless we trade up. He has great tape and had a monster combine.

I think there's a slight chance, but we'll see.  This class reminds me a ton of the 2014 WR class, which saw guys like Devante Adams, Allen Robinson, and Jarvis landry slip into the 2nd round.  I don't really see where in the first round we'll have a run of Wide Receivers go.  Of course it's possible, but there is most likely going to be a few 1st round talents at the position to be had in the 2nd round because of how deep this class is.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I think there's a slight chance, but we'll see.  This class reminds me a ton of the 2014 WR class, which saw guys like Devante Adams, Allen Robinson, and Jarvis landry slip into the 2nd round.  I don't really see where in the first round we'll have a run of Wide Receivers go.  Of course it's possible, but there is most likely going to be a few 1st round talents at the position to be had in the 2nd round because of how deep this class is.

I agree that some players will eventually slide into the second round.....just don't think MIms is one of them. I think he'll be among the first 5 WR's picked and wouldn't be surprised if he's the third one off the board. 

2 minutes ago, RobR said:

I agree that some players will eventually slide into the second round.....just don't think MIms is one of them. I think he'll be among the first 5 WR's picked and wouldn't be surprised if he's the third one off the board. 

Honestly, in my heart of hearts, neither do I and I wouldn't be surprised either....but I'm, selfishly, hoping that he does, for our sake.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

I just don’t think this is the year for us to focus on premier draft/FA receivers.

There’s depth in the mid rounds of the draft, our priority should be offensive lineman (Both at the top of the draft and in FA) and there’s a shot RA becomes more realistic with his contract expectations. 

I say it regularly, but it warrants repeating:  we’re not gonna fix the whole roster in a year.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Lith said:

Just posted something similar in another thread.  Connor Hughes wrote in the Athletic today that he heard from an Agent that Robby's market may  not be much more than $9-10 mil.  Which may explain why Douglas is talking about retaining him now, when at first we were hearing he was expected to leave.

At $9 - 10 mil, I want him back. $13 - $15 mil, not so much.  

If this sort of thing hurts Robby’s ego, signing with the Jets before free agency begins could be a way for him to save some face. “I gave them a discount to continue playing with Sam,” or some such... 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, RobR said:

Wishful thinking.  Higgins is still a possibility at 48, depending on what he does in his pro day..  Mims is more likely a trade up candidate if he is still on the board in early 2.

I wouldn’t give him more than 15m 2 year contract. He’s just not worth it. And that’s a nice piece of change for a guy who’s lucky he’s not working at Walmart. To go from being undrafted to being a starting wr in the NFL is a huge accomplishment. Now he has a chance to be set financially for life. Not bad but don’t get greedy and have some humility. Sign with the team that gave you the opportunity to become an NFL wr. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 3
  • WTF? 1

5 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

I wouldn’t give him more than 15m 2 year contract. He’s just not worth it. And that’s a nice piece of change for a guy who’s lucky he’s not working at Walmart. To go from being undrafted to being a starting wr in the NFL is a huge accomplishment. Now he has a chance to be set financially for life. Not bad but don’t get greedy and have some humility. Sign with the team that gave you the opportunity to become an NFL wr. 

Why should he do that? He should sign with the highest bidder. 

• Upvote 4

I cant wait until Anderson signs somewhere else so I can stop hearing about him.  C+ WR.   He is a #2 Wr on a good team, probably 3rd option after #1 WR & a TE or RB. 

The chances of Jets fans thinking "wish we still had Robbie" in 3 yrs are about the same as Gase being a Super Bowl winning head coach.

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Lith said:

Just posted something similar in another thread.  Connor Hughes wrote in the Athletic today that he heard from an Agent that Robby's market may  not be much more than $9-10 mil.  Which may explain why Douglas is talking about retaining him now, when at first we were hearing he was expected to leave.

At $9 - 10 mil, I want him back. $13 - $15 mil, not so much.  

This.

7 hours ago, slats said:

If this sort of thing hurts Robby’s ego, signing with the Jets before free agency begins could be a way for him to save some face. “I gave them a discount to continue playing with Sam,” or some such... 

That is a good point. Either way I am not feeling sorry for the kid. He will end up with 20 million guaranteed on a bad contract. So his life will be good regardless.

7 hours ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

I just don’t think this is the year for us to focus on premier draft/FA receivers.

There’s depth in the mid rounds of the draft, our priority should be offensive lineman (Both at the top of the draft and in FA) and there’s a shot RA becomes more realistic with his contract expectations. 

I say it regularly, but it warrants repeating:  we’re not gonna fix the whole roster in a year.

I'm telling ya if the 4 OTs go before #11 Joe D is gonna take an edge rusher over a WR and this place is going to implode lol

• Haha 1

The signs have been there since the beginning that it would be about $10m but then everyone started freaking out once Robbie’s agents started doing the standard negotiating through the media bit. Almost anyone on this board would be a better drafter than Macc/Idzik but get destroyed in the negotiating/gamesmanship part of the job.

• Upvote 4

38 minutes ago, jgb said:

The signs have been there since the beginning that it would be about $10m but then everyone started freaking out once Robbie’s agents started doing the standard negotiating through the media bit. Almost anyone on this board would be a better drafter than Macc/Idzik but get destroyed in the negotiating/gamesmanship part of the job.

$10 would be right for us, plus we can take one of those receivers in the draft, round one or two. I think the O will be much better in 2020.

• Upvote 1

Whoever thinks that robbie goes for 10 million or less has got his hand on it!

The market may however depress his price to 12 million in which case i would resign him.

And bring Sanders in for 10 mil.

I want route runners, not rookies who may take a year or two to get the routes down. 

Lets see what Gase/Darnold can do with some receivers who will be where they want them to be!

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flying High said:

Whoever thinks that robbie goes for 10 million or less has got his hand on it!

The market may however depress his price to 12 million in which case i would resign him.

And bring Sanders in for 10 mil.

I want route runners, not rookies who may take a year or two to get the routes down. 

Lets see what Gase/Darnold can do with some receivers who will be where they want them to be!

Robby Anderson and route runner should never be in the same sentence

11 hours ago, slats said:

I was actually thinking something similar while reading this. 

I wonder how he saves some face if this is true. Your idea would do just that and make me happy in the mean time. RA is absolutely worth $10 mil when you see what WR's are getting. 

9 hours ago, Dunnie said:

I honestly don't think Robbie is worth more than 6 mill .. dude never WINS the ball.... Ever

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

YEs he does. Pittsburg game is a very recent example. 

• Upvote 1