WR Market Rumor

KRL

36 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

$100. And I’m the charity of my choice

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Works for me and I will bookmark this page for future reference.  

Mims gets drafted 47 or higher and you owe me $100.

Mims falls to 48 or lower and I owe you $100.

Just respond to this post and we're good to go.

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Raideraholic said:

You never can say a team 100% will take a Wr in the first.    The Las Vegas Raiders probably take Ken Murray Lb at 12. ( Jmo that’s the Raiders first pick)    I expect them to trade back at 19 .   ( could be the best Wr left , or another defensive player when they do pick). 

Mike Mayock philosophy is not to take a Wr in the first round.   ( Gruden loves his offense- he has final say so can’t dismiss taking a wr ) 

I could definitely see this, I think they take a WR with one of their 1st rounders, may not be at #12

33 minutes ago, RobR said:

13 minutes ago, DetroitRed said:

Sounds emoji106.png great

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Witness.

• Upvote 2

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

His efficiency numbers are horrible and always have been. That he's piling conventional stats through one specific route is more concerning than it is impressive for a large contract. Pair that with all the off-field problems over the years and the fact that his numbers are skewed because of a good run at the end of a contract year, this is honestly a real no-brainer. Anderson is not the type of player you pay a second contract to, which is exactly why the Jets will give it to him.

guy is a solid #2 playing with qbs whose efficiency numbers suck...

he cant throw himself the ball...   shrug....

most dangerous wr on our roster. not saying alot, true. but also hes not to blame.

pay him a #2WR or not...   alos, shrug...      are you a quincy enunwa fan?

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, choon328 said:

**** SPARQ. People used that last year to tell us how Quinnen Williams was a generational talent.  

SPARQ said nothing of the sort.  They had him at the 83rd percentile among NFL DT's.  Good, not great.

Ed Oliver, meanwhile, was in the 99th percentile, rivaling Aaron Donald.  He responded in kind with an impressive rookie season.  

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

SPARQ said nothing of the sort.  They had him at the 83rd percentile among NFL DT's.  Good, not great.

Ed Oliver, meanwhile, was in the 99th percentile, rivaling Aaron Donald.  He responded in kind with an impressive rookie season.  

Oliver's rookie stats were quite a bit less impressive than Leonard Williams'.  (Leo had 3 sacks to Oliver's 5 but far more tackles, TFLs and QB Hits).  Just saying, one year does not a career make.  Let's see how things go this year.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yeah I made a mistake. My first one ever so cut me some slack

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

15 hours ago, RobR said:

Mims is a beast. We gotta get this guy. It’s like he’s playing against pee wee cb’s in his film. I’d be all for trading up for this Titan.

• Upvote 1

On 2/29/2020 at 4:13 PM, Mogglez said:

I think there's a slight chance, but we'll see.  This class reminds me a ton of the 2014 WR class, which saw guys like Devante Adams, Allen Robinson, and Jarvis landry slip into the 2nd round. 

It's true - they can't ALL go round 1... but Mims or Higgins in the unlikely event they make it to round 2; pick #33 is galaxies apart from pick #48... neither will have chance at sliding another 15 picks IMO

• Upvote 1

Just now, Paradis said:

Yes, it's true - they can't ALL go round 1... but Mims or Higgins in the unlikely even they make it to round 2; pick #33 is galaxies apart from pick #48... neither will have chance at sliding another 15 picks. 

I mean last year there was talk of DK Metcalf going top 10 and he slid to round 3. Ya never know what could happen ?

• Upvote 2

13 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Yes, it's true - they can't ALL go round 1... but Mims or Higgins in the unlikely even they make it to round 2; pick #33 is galaxies apart from pick #48... neither will have chance at sliding another 15 picks. 

I'll be swallowing an entire horseshoe on draft night lmao, so you never know.

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean last year there was talk of DK Metcalf going top 10 and he slid to round 3. Ya never know what could happen ?

2 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I'll be swallowing an entire horseshoe on draft night lmao, so you never know.

100% you never know... one could argue that at least 1 of them (Higgins, Jefferson, Mims) will make it to 48... and yea, maybe that does make sense... But IMO, some of those guys sprung themselves over the likes of Reagor and Aiyuk and others who I think are far riskier.

Strangely, Higgins might the most likely? He's the guy that has narrative closest to Metcalf's fall...  If all 3 were gone, i'd sooner double dip on Oline and take Pittman/Duvernay/Claypool in the 3rd

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, section314 said:

Agreed.Josh Allen's, that's impressive.?

One of the most painful whiffs I've endured.  There are two guys in the past 5 years that I was proverbially "banging the table for".....RB Dalvin Cook in 2017 and OLB Josh Allen last year.  And listen, I'm no scout or expert but there was such an intersection of both talent and need in those draft spots that Ray Charles could have seen who to take!  We are STILL searching for an Edge rusher and kicking around ideas like spending $12, $15, $18M per year for Free Agents like Ngakoue, Fowler, Clowney, etc.  AND we spent what on Le'Veon Bell last year because we needed a RB?

Ugh. I just got friggin' triggered again because of a Josh Allen mention! lol

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, Paradis said:

100% you never know... one could argue that at least 1 of them (Higgins, Jefferson, Mims) will make it to 48... and yea, maybe that does make sense... But IMO, some of those guys sprung themselves over the likes of Reagor and Aiyuk and others who I think are far riskier.

Strangely, Higgins might the most likely? He's the guy that has narrative closest to Metcalf's fall...  If all 3 were gone, i'd sooner double dip on Oline and take Pittman/Duvernay/Claypool in the 3rd

Looking father back it's a similar narrative to Alshon as well. Bigger guy, productive in college, didn't run tremendously. Alshon I think got too big as well but still.

Not sure Duvernay fits super well. Eats out of the slot right? I don't think he *can't* play outside or the Jets *can't* play another guy in the slot but with Crowder that's the area I'd be least inclined to attack and if they take any slot guy a big slot would make more sense. I do like him though. We sure Pittman's going to be there in the third?

There are a lot of dudes in this class. Will be interesting to see how teams attack it, since they can theoretically wait for guys, and where that run starts. Depending on what it takes, could make sense to be positioned to jump up once there are say only two of the team's guys at WR left on the board. I'd love to double dip as well but it's nice to stay within a tier. 

The draft's always weird too. All it takes is a couple of guys to go a little earlier than expected to push down a Higgins/Jefferson/Mims (Jefferson least likely of the three IMO). Team takes Hamler as a jitterbug, loves Reagor or Aiyuk, even Claypool's tools or Pittman as a jump and play dude...some of the other guys start slipping. 

I also hate giving up future draft capital and would never give up the one but if a team wants to duck out I'd give up next year's two and this year's five or something to get back into day two. This class I think it's important to come out with two of the top 20 or so wideouts. At the end of the day the draft is wonky and sometimes you're wrong. I'd rather deal with the champagne problem of hitting on two WR's than risk missing on just one. 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

One of the most painful whiffs I've endured.  There are two guys in the past 5 years that I was proverbially "banging the table for".....RB Dalvin Cook in 2017 and OLB Josh Allen last year.  And listen, I'm no scout or expert but there was such an intersection of both talent and need in those draft spots that Ray Charles could have seen who to take!  We are STILL searching for an Edge rusher and kicking around ideas like spending $12, $15, $18M per year for Free Agents like Ngakoue, Fowler, Clowney, etc.  AND we spent what on Le'Veon Bell last year because we needed a RB?

Ugh. I just got friggin' triggered again because of a Josh Allen mention! lol

I’m sorry, this is gonna bug me forever.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 3/1/2020 at 10:05 AM, Integrity28 said:

I'll be pissed if we come out of this draft with less than 2 WR and 2 OL picks. This draft is loaded at both spots.

This FA group of WR is pitiful. I'm a big fan of the 2nd tier of OL in FA, though. 

I'd love a scenario where we spend all of the first 4 picks we have on WR and OL. Plus sign 1-2 OL in FA. You're essentially rebuilding the whole offense if you can pull this off.

Agree, and there's more to it as well: just because we take a day 2 (or day 1) pick on the OL or at WR doesn't mean he pans out (let alone that he pans out early).

Famously terrible as the execution was, when we were desperate for these two position groups it was a good idea Idzik had to draft 4 receivers (including a pass-catching TE) after drafting 3 OLmen. Unfortunately only 2 of the 7 panned out, resulting in the GM's own execution. But the idea at least wasn't to but all the team's fortunes on one higher-drafted guy panning out and say, "OK we're done here." Even if the main guy drafted is not a bust for skill, sometimes he can miss a ton of time to injury. Then what -- the whole season's another mulligan (not just for the team as a whole, but specifically for the young QB again)?

So hell yeah I'm on board with no less than 2 WRs and 2 OL picks. Both guys from that position group don't need to be on day 1 or day 2, but just so long as they do go back to the well again. A fool thinks just because he takes a player at each of OL, WR, CB, DL, EDGE/OLB, RB that means we've shored up 5 position groups from that draft class. It's hard enough to draft a good starting roster without having to nail each pick in order for the draft to shape out as intended.

At the same time I admittedly don't follow these prospects; and the draft falls the way it falls, not as targeting a position group wish list with each pick (e.g. round 1 OT, round 2 WR, etc. through our last pick), even though that's a common practice by all of us armchair GMs. 

On 2/29/2020 at 8:57 PM, Dunnie said:

I honestly don't think Robbie is worth more than 6 mill .. dude never WINS the ball.... Ever

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Have you ever seen him make a TD catch with guys draped all over him? Because I've seen him make some.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1