Villains "POST COMBINE" 2020 Mock Draft Rd's 1-4

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'd trade down from the 11th spot as I believe that the top 3 OT's will be off the board by the time we pick. Joe Douglas has a relationship with the Eagles and the Eagles are in dire need of WR's. This is a deep WR class, so there will be starting quality talent to be had down the board. 

That'll leave the Jets with 

1st (Eagles) Shane Lemieux, G, Oregon 

Considered to be the best overall guard in the draft and amongst the best Olinemen in the draft. Nothing else matters if Sam isnt protected.

2nd Josh Jones, OT, Houston

One of the more underrated players in the draft. Jones is a capable Tackle who gets the job done. Nothing else matters if Sam isnt protected.

2nd (Eagles) Brandon Aiyuk, WR, Arizona State

Dude is a stud and is being overlooked because he doesnt have the name. He's an upgrade to this Jets receiving squad easily.

3rd Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU

I'll admit, Gladney in the 3rd round would be a shocker. If we had the resources I'd like to trade up to get him in the 2nd. Either way, dude is a gamer. 

4th Cam Akers RB-Florida State

Akers averaged 5 YPC behind one of the worst Olines in the country. He has and incredible blend of speed/power/vision/wiggle and has sure hands in the passing game. 

4th (Eagles) Antonio Gandy-Golden, WR, Liberty

He ran a 4.60 40. That probably would take him off of many folks list. However, this isnt track. Dude has some of the best hands, is a true receiver and is a receiver who builds up speed as he goes. 

He's an all around threat, and 50/50 jump balls are more like 80/20 when throwing his direction. He's a match up problem. 

Eagles in dire need of WRs wouldn’t trade and take less receivers.

1 hour ago, Villain The Foe said:

I'd trade down from the 11th spot as I believe that the top 3 OT's will be off the board by the time we pick. Joe Douglas has a relationship with the Eagles and the Eagles are in dire need of WR's. This is a deep WR class, so there will be starting quality talent to be had down the board. 

Considered to be the best overall guard in the draft and amongst the best Olinemen in the draft. Nothing else matters if Sam isnt protected.

One of the more underrated players in the draft. Jones is a capable Tackle who gets the job done. Nothing else matters if Sam isnt protected.

Dude is a stud and is being overlooked because he doesnt have the name. He's an upgrade to this Jets receiving squad easily.

3rd Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU

I'll admit, Gladney in the 3rd round would be a shocker. If we had the resources I'd like to trade up to get him in the 2nd. Either way, dude is a gamer. 

Akers averaged 5 YPC behind one of the worst Olines in the country. He has and incredible blend of speed/power/vision/wiggle and has sure hands in the passing game. 

He ran a 4.60 40. That probably would take him off of many folks list. However, this isnt track. Dude has some of the best hands, is a true receiver and is a receiver who builds up speed as he goes. 

He's an all around threat, and 50/50 jump balls are more like 80/20 when throwing his direction. He's a match up problem. 

What happened to our other 3rd ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

2nd Jeff Gladney, CB, TCU (Traded back up into the 2nd round using our 2 3rd round picks.).

Our shutdown corner that is fantastic at man coverage and has a knack for knowing when to leave his man in order to ball hawk passes thrown to other receivers. 

Me likey

• Upvote 1

Don't see Lemieux as a slam dunk prospect who goes in the first round as a guard. I'd be less surprised with him going on day three than I would be day one. Think Jones is off the board well before 48. I guess if you went Jones-Aiyuk-Lemieux I wouldn't have quibbled. Just struck me as a weird order but what do I know.

Like Gladney a lot but think he's small for the shutdown label. He'd work out well as a slot though - particularly if Poole isn't re-signed. Akers is fine, kind of guy I don't think ends up working out but seems right up Gase's alley so I'd buy it. In for AGG in the fourth.

• Upvote 2

23 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

That's cool. 

I hate Jets QB's not having protection and Im a fan of AGG when it comes to spending a 4th rounder. 

Protecting Darnold is the most important goal this offseason, I just don't think Lemieux is a day one (or day two) prospect. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Maybe it's just me but I'd be very underwhelmed with Shane Lemieux as the Jets 1st rounder.  If the Jets trade all the way back to the 20's then I'm looking for a WR or maybe an Edge guy like Zach Baun, especially if we've added more 2nd rounders to grab OLine, WR, etc.

Agreed.   That would be a monumental disappointment.  With all the WRs and all the OTs, to walk away with a guard that’s a borderline second round prospect is not acceptable. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Maybe it's just me but I'd be very underwhelmed with Shane Lemieux as the Jets 1st rounder.  If the Jets trade all the way back to the 20's then I'm looking for a WR or maybe an Edge guy like Zach Baun, especially if we've added more 2nd rounders to grab OLine, WR, etc.

Absolutely agree. 

On 3/1/2020 at 10:31 AM, Villain The Foe said:

Considered to be the best overall guard in the draft and amongst the best Olinemen in the draft.

This is simply inaccurate. If the Jets take him in Rd. 1 instead of a guy like Tee Higgins or Justin Jefferson or  Ruiz or Niang or even Swift my head will explode. 

Having said that. I'm not gonna hate. I actually really like all the other picks.

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, PepPep said:

This is simply inaccurate. If the Jets take him in Rd. 1 instead of a guy like Tee Higgins or Justin Jefferson or  Ruiz or Niang or even Swift my head will explode. 

Having said that. I'm not gonna hate. I actually really like all the other picks.

https://walterfootball.com/draft2020OG.php

https://www.drafttek.com/2020-NFL-Draft-Position-Rankings/Top-College-Offensive-Guards-2020-NFL-Draft.asp

But, I dont mind folks disagreeing. 

2 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

Make a mock. 

You seemed to take my criticism personally. If so, then perhaps posting mocks isn't a good idea for you as most mocks (including mine) will get some level of criticism. 

Since you asked:

mock draft.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • WTF? 1