More Jet OLine Rumors

KRL

Pauline putting in the work:

https://www.profootballnetwork.com/2020-nfl-scouting-combine-latest-news-rumors/

7:45 PM ET (via Tony Pauline): Jets’ OL options in free agency

On Thursday, when I initially reported the New York Jets’ interest in Jack Conklin, I also
mentioned Halapoulivaati Vaitai as an option if the Jets don’t land their top guy. I’ve confirmed
both names with numerous sources over the past two days.  I can also say the Jets are looking at
Seattle Seahawks tackle George Fant as another contingency if the Conklin plans don’t shake out.
Fant, a former basketball player, is the best athlete of the three yet has started just 24 games
the three years he’s been on the field. His athleticism would be a perfect fit for Adam Gase’s
offense, which will include wide splits between offensive linemen this season.

• Sympathy 2

Not tying to be snarky but the Jets having interest in FA OL is not some earth shattering secret.  They probably have made inquiries to every single one of their agents so they could be rumored to anyone.  And Douglas hasn’t been shy about sharing that news.  

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, JiF said:

Not tying to be snarky but the Jets having interest in FA OL is not some earth shattering secret.  They probably have made inquiries to every single one of their agents so they could be rumored to anyone.  And Douglas hasn’t been shy about sharing that news.  

Yeah we're gonna be tied to pretty much any olineman with a pulse but this part of the year is so boring i'll take these threads all day. Idc about the XFL or basketball and nothings happening in the NFL rn lol

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

21 minutes ago, Lurker89 said:

Reports that Winters may be retained are disconcerting. 

At the right number I could see it.  You can argue his line play has been JAGish but the dude has the right mindset and that has some value when you are rebuilding a line with a bunch of drafted rookies...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

27 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So is Pauline actually connected?  I read his stuff occasionally but don't have any idea of his actual "hit rate".

Didn't he essentially start out as a poster here or the old JI?

He likes the Moody Blues so he has that going for him.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2020/03/01/jack-conklin-may-be-headed-to-the-jets/

A year ago, the Titans opted not to exercise their fifth-year option on tackle Jack Conklin‘s rookie contract. As a result, he may be headed for a franchise that entered the AFL as the Titans.

Per a league source, one NFL team has been informed that Conklin plans to sign with the Jets when free agency opens on March 18.

The report is just that, and nothing more. It doesn’t mean that the Jets and Conklin’s representation have struck a wink-nod deal. It doesn’t mean that they’ve even talked, although tampering is rampant in Indianapolis at the Scouting Combine.

All it means is that one NFL team has been informed that Conklin plans to sign with the Jets. Within the next 18 days, we’ll find out whether that happens.

Or, actually, within the next 16. The legal tampering period allows agreements in principle to be reached, and last year dozens of deals were leaked to the media not long after the window opened for officially negotiating them.

Selected in round one from Michigan State in 2016, Conklin has started all 16 games in three of his four seasons in Tennessee.

• Upvote 1

Prefer Vaitai, bringing back Beachum and drafting a tackle round 1.

We'll see how this plays out, but I could see another strategy in which we sign Conklin to a big deal, retain Beachum and go WR round 1.

But I'm nervous about Conklin. He's going to get big, big money, has been injured a bunch and isn't the greatest in pass blocking - which is what we need. 

Hmm. Looked up Fant. UDFA tight end coming out of college. Tore ACL. Converted to T, has been a spot starter. 27 years old, so maybe still a bit of upside. Maybe.

Sounds like a consolation prize sort of guy, more of a depth signing. He has started some for a good team, so there is that. Maybe if the Jets cannot get Conklin or Bulaga? He's looking for his first big payday.

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

So is Pauline actually connected?  I read his stuff occasionally but don't have any idea of his actual "hit rate".

He has some legit connections but all of this stuff is speculation, especially now when any truly material and meaningful comments from teams would be considered tampering.

I think Tony was the guy who called Maccagnan being fired about 1-2 weeks before it actually happened and when nobody else had it.  Even Manish reported something like no way is Macc being let go....then, voila! Gone.  So Tony has some credibility, he's not 100% (nobody is) but I think his batting average is higher than a lot of others.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

He had his own draft board that was connected to the old site IIRC.

He would talk alot about players that we needed to be familiar with that the Jets liked, and the Jets would end up drafting them. He also called Mike Tannenbaum being fired back in the day weeks before the season even ended.

Tony definitely is plugged in

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Feel like he’s more connected then most twitter hacks. 

I think he said something about Mac getting fired ahead of time and now he’s been riding that high wave ever since. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

27 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Feel like he’s more connected then most twitter hacks. 

I think he said something about Mac getting fired ahead of time and now he’s been riding that high wave ever since. 

I actually think he's @Tony The Wiz on this site but that's just a guess. 

• Upvote 2

6 hours ago, Lurker89 said:

Reports that Winters may be retained are disconcerting. 

I am by no means a Brian Winters fan, but....the guy is well liked/respected in that locker room and, unfortunately, the only Lineman under contract right now.  He played through a gruesome injury last season, had to deal with 2 Centers that were mediocre, at best, and straight up bad RT play on his other side, likely affecting his own play. 

If they can get a cheaper replacement with higher upside I can see it being a no brainer, however, it might just be better to hang on to him for one more year for familiarity and culture sake, groom a draft pick, and call it a day.  We aren't exactly hurting for money anyway.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

Pretty sure he is too, but I'm not positive.  Pauline used to post on Jetsinsider as "CBNY" and well....wasn't liked to say the least.

Up until the Maccagnan news I've always kind of judged him for his past, unfair as that may be, but maybe he's changed?  I don't know.  He was also wrong a ton of times when it came to "sources", but there's no denying he kinda struck gold last off-season and has taken off a bit since then with PFN.

4 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Pretty sure he is too, but I'm not positive.  Pauline used to post on Jetsinsider as "CBNY" and well....wasn't liked to say the least.

Up until the Maccagnan news I've always kind of judged him for his past, unfair as that may be, but maybe he's changed?  I don't know.  He was also wrong a ton of times when it came to "sources", but there's no denying he kinda struck gold last off-season and has taken off a bit since then with PFN.

Definitely not him.

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, choon328 said:

No, I guarantee you I am no way I am this person you are talking about. But I wished I had that clout that this person has. Maybe the Jets would of never drafted Mark Sanchez, Dee Milner, Vernon Ghoulston, Dexter Mcdougle, Geno Smith and Christian Hackenberg. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

33 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

I thought he offered some very solid football talk on the old site. As for the politics forum, his tone and stance were downright hostile and contemptuous. But then that's what happens with politics sites. It got closed down a bunch of times then disbarred entirely. Got to be like the comments sections of political articles -- lots of name-calling and rants. Just wasn't productive in the end for anybody.

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

His tweets have been kind of unbearable after that. It’s always PAULINE WAS ON IT FIRST! With pretty much any rumor that hits. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Tony The Wiz said:

No, I guarantee you I am no way I am this person you are talking about. But I wished I had that clout that this person has. Maybe the Jets would of never drafted Mark Sanchez, Dee Milner, Vernon Ghoulston, Dexter Mcdougle, Geno Smith and Christian Hackenberg. 

I for one believed CBNY,AKA Tony the Wiz,was one of the better posters on Jet Insider. I think his posts here are very good. 

1 hour ago, green and white forever said:

I for one believed CBNY,AKA Tony the Wiz,was one of the better posters on Jet Insider. I think his posts here are very good. 

Wait, he posts here? I didn't know that. I always read this stuff on the old site with the different user name.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Wait, he posts here? I didn't know that. I always read this stuff on the old site with the different user name.

Pretty sure Tony Pauline doesn't post here. You'd know it if he did.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

It's like finding Bigfoot! Who is the real Tony? Will The Real Slim Shady please stand up!? I forgot what this thread is even about now..

You are Tony Pauline, aren't you?

23 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He likes the Moody Blues so he has that going for him.

NY Jets theme song

Breathe deep the gathering gloom Watch lights fade from every room Bedsitter people look back and lament Another day's useless energy is spent Impassioned lovers wrestle as one; Lonely man cries for love and has none