Jack Conklin may be headed to the Jets

For me the smartest plan would be to bring in Vaitai and Conklin. Shore up the outside of the offensive line before the draft. Now they're not forced to take a tackle early and can move back and acquire more 2nd day picks. You can address the WR position later in the first and then take a couple of interior lineman in rounds 2 thru 4. If you wait till the draft to try to improve the LT position you may be forced to reach on someone early or completely miss out and now have a hole at LT

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posted by Mike Florio on March 1, 2020, 11:39 AM EST Getty Images A year ago, the Titans opted not to exercise their fifth-year option on tackle Jack Conklin‘s rookie contrac

It sucks to pay a right tackle huge money, but given how badly Maccagnan handled the OL and the urgency of getting Darnold upright in his third year, it’s probably the path to take. If Douglas were to

Posted Images

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1234198524541227009?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

Titans’ OT Jack Conklin will have many suitors in free agency, but he is not expected to land with the offensive-line-needy Jets, per sources. Jets like him, but the competition for him will be intense and there will be many suitors

weeeeeee

• Haha 3

No matter who the Jets sign or draft they need to end FA and the first 4 rounds of the draft with 4 new offensive lineman. Anything less with this FA class and this draft class would be malpractice by Douglas.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Since when have you become such a good poster.....your last 4-5 I've ready are spot on :) 

Let me add, they should trade Jamal to the Cowboys as well, making the Byron Jones signing revenue-neutral and use the #17 on Justin Jefferson and the #68 on Tyler Biadasz. Think of the haul for one safety!

• Thumb Down 2
  • Post of the Week 2
36 minutes ago, RedBeardedSavage said:

If Beachum was willing to sign for a year and we only had $25 mil between two tackles for a year, I’d be good with that. 

But that might be a little too optimistic given if I was Beachum I’d want more security/long term deal. 

Beach did get injured again, as was always the knock him, so that could play in our favor in negotiations. 

I think Beachum will see this as his last chance at a decent contract and would not be interested in a one year deal.

• Upvote 2
1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

Ah, negotiation through the media. What fun.

Luckily with how asinine the offseason rules are we have 17 more days of this crap 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1
1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Let me add, they should trade Jamal to the Cowboys as well, making the Byron Jones signing revenue-neutral and use the #17 on Justin Jefferson and the #68 on Tyler Biadasz. Think of the haul for one safety!

Did you watch Biadasz in the bowl game? He got his ass handed to him. Granted it’s only one game but it was bad. 

• Upvote 1
1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

Did you watch Biadasz in the bowl game? He got his ass handed to him. Granted it’s only one game but it was bad. 

I didn’t watch, but wasn’t he injured? A shoulder or something? 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

People will crap on this but it makes sense.  Although I'd want another high pick next year as well. 

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

I didn’t watch, but wasn’t he injured? A shoulder or something? 

I’m guessing his shoulder could of been injured since he’s getting it scoped but I’m not sure why he waited so long to get it fixed. 
He also had hip surgery last off-season and lost a step after even through he was one the best OC in college minus one game the last few years. 

• Upvote 1
54 minutes ago, choon328 said:

People will crap on this but it makes sense.  Although I'd want another high pick next year as well. 

No one is coughing up two high picks for a safety. If you get a one and a three, that’s a lot

19 hours ago, Rolloffjet said:

That’s right sign Conklin and Thuney and Vataii then draft lamb at 11 bang we have a offensive 

Nooooo !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Conklin not dependable, too expensive and not needed.  Thuney no better than Harrison and or Compton and tooo expensive.

Draft Thomas, Wills, Wirfs for one OT spot and use Beachum for the other.  Draft a center/Interior lineman rounds 3-7.  That will be best cost and effective on the field.  It wont be a pro-bowl line at all positions, but it is a line that will work, and be economical which will allow them to build on handsomely in the years to come.

Too bad Gase sucks.... He'd f**K it up even if he had the Jets 2009-2010 line...

• Thumb Down 1
19 hours ago, Rolloffjet said:

That’s right sign Conklin and Thuney and Vataii then draft lamb at 11 bang we have a offensive 

thuney signing with jets? smh