Trade Up ?????

ljr

54 minutes ago, Jethead said:

Agree, and if JD really likes one of the big 3 he should go get him.

No. 

We need a lot more than just one OL. 

We need our first four draft picks this year (1st, 2nd, and two 3rd rounders) to become productive starters. 

Trading up means departing with AT LEAST one of those 3rd round picks and almost definitely more. 

1 hour ago, ChuckkieB said:

No need at all to trade up. The draft is as deep as it's ever been for OL and WR, and the Jets will be able to get a stud at #11.  The only question I have is what they'll do if 3 or 4 OL are off the board and they have a choice between the 4th or 5th OL or the #1 WR.  I've said it before and I'll say it again - they have to go WR in that scenario. 

100% agree. 

We have major needs at both OL and WR. 

No. 

We need a lot more than just one OL. 

We need our first four draft picks this year (1st, 2nd, and two 3rd rounders) to become productive starters. 

Trading up means departing with AT LEAST one of those 3rd round picks and almost definitely more. 

I don’t believe this is true ... at least chart value that I looked at said our 4.

Cleveland & us are both going OL ... so nothing for the Jags to lose going from #9 to #11 pick ... nothing at all to worry about ... I’d think a 5th or possibly even a 6th could get it done ... why wouldn’t they take a free 6th round pick for nothin?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

36 minutes ago, ljr said:

I don’t believe this is true ... at least chart value that I looked at said our 4.

Cleveland & us are both going OL ... so nothing for the Jags to lose going from #9 to #11 pick ... nothing at all to worry about ... I’d think a 5th or possibly even a 6th could get it done ... why wouldn’t they take a free 6th round pick for nothin?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

It depends on which spot we are trading up to, but I wouldn't even be very happy with giving up a 4th. 

We need as many talented players as we can get our hands on and this draft is deep at multiple positions of need. 

• Upvote 1