2020 starting OL

Glasgow would be our major addition followed by McGovern. Bulaga must be signed while Beachem re-sign to gives us flexibility going into the draft. Hopefully we are able to come out with Willis or Wifs. They'll play RG as rookies and bump out to RT.

LT - Beachum (re-sign)

LG - Glasgow (Detroit)

C -  McGovern (Denver)

RG - Willis (Alabama) or Wirfs (Iowa)

RT - Bulaga (Green Bay)

All I know is I'm psyched to see Sam and Bell behind a good oline.

Figure at least 3 new starters from the draft and free agency.  Hopefully giving us a near top 10 oline.

2 good TEs and a great RB.  If they can somehow manage to keep Robby... should be a fun offense to watch.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, LAD_Brooklyn said:

Glasgow would be our major addition followed by McGovern. Bulaga must be signed while Beachem re-sign to gives us flexibility going into the draft. Hopefully we are able to come out with Willis or Wifs. They'll play RG as rookies and bump out to RT.

LT - Beachum (re-sign)

LG - Glasgow (Detroit)

C -  McGovern (Denver)

RT - Bulaga (Green Bay)

They’re going to sign every big name OL?

54 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

If that’s our line we failed.

I think our expectations have to be tempered.

That line would be an improvement next year, and while not the huge facelift we all want, sets us up for the future with two high picks, a developmental/potential future starter in Vaitai and an underrated guard in his prime in Glasgow. 

I think the whole “we should sign Thuney and Conklin!” narrative needs to die. Maybe it could happen, but I just doubt it. Besides, I think Conklin is getting overrated here and Vaitai is being underrated. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 hours ago, Jetfuel88 said:

I seen the report saying he might come back. But i don’t like his play the past couple seasons. Also always injured.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

My guess is we’re offering Conklin a mammoth contract, keeping Winters at RG is a cheap way to afford a starting RG while unloading the bank for a new RT

My hopeful line

Thomas- Lewis- Nick Harris-Glasgow-Conklin

our right side run blocking would be the two highest graded players among all free agents, shiny new LT, rookie C who could sit behind Harrison if need be and Lewis is an ok LG on this line 

I seen the report saying he might come back. But i don’t like his play the past couple seasons. Also always injured.

Winters performed poorly the last two seasons and if I was the GM, Id save the cap money and let him go.  Still want to say of Winters... He did his best to soldier on and play with painful injury UNLIKE Osemele.  The medical staff told him he could play, but he decided not to.  

• Upvote 2

Who do you see as the Jets  starting OL for next season. 

LT- Andrew Thomas (R)

LG- joe Thuney 

C- Tyler Biadasz (R)

RG- Choma Edoga 

RT- Jack Conklin 

Edoga may or may not work out on the inside. but he is NOT going to work out on the outside.  Thuney is no better than Harrison or Compton. I would not waste any money on Thuney.  One of the tackle spots will be held by Beachum and the other will go to the first round draft pick.  Two to three of the interior lineman are already on the roster.  One to two will be filled in the draft or perhaps one in the draft and one in FA. 

LT; Thomas or Wirfs Or Wills

LG. Compton, Harrison or 5th to 7th round pick. 

C; Harrison or 2nd to 4th round draft pick

RG. Compton, Harrison, Edoga or 5th to 7th round pick

RT. Beachum or FA or possibly 3rd rd to 4th round pick (this draft is VERY deep)

• Upvote 1

I think the Jets can be fine with Lewis and Edoga manning the OG SPOTS . I still believe that Jason Peters would be a great get for the LT spot on a 2 year deal . The last 2 spots should be address in free agency and or during the draft. I like kid from TCU Lucas Niang and maybe we can get a enter in free agency

• Upvote 1

On 3/1/2020 at 3:14 PM, LAD_Brooklyn said:

LT - Beachum (re-sign)

LG - Glasgow (Detroit)

C -  McGovern (Denver)

RT - Bulaga (Green Bay)

The 2020 "Honorary Kelechi Osemele" Plan.

Reasonableness was the goal here....

LT - Vaitai (FA signing, younger, better than Beachum)

LG - Lewis (re-sign him as average hold-the-fort guy)

C -  Harrison (under contract) and Draft Ruiz, Biadasz, Hennessey, Harris or Cushenberry to compete

RG - Glasgow (FA signing)

RT - Wirfs, Wills or Isaiah Wilson (Draft)

That's 3/4 upgrades, getting younger with Vaitai and the draftees, and allowing flexibility in Round 1 if premiere OT isn't there.

Backups include Edoga, Qvale, and potentially Harrison if he loses camp battle with rookie Center.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 1

On 3/1/2020 at 7:06 PM, SR24 said:

My hopeful line

Thomas- Lewis- Nick Harris-Glasgow-Conklin

our right side run blocking would be the two highest graded players among all free agents, shiny new LT, rookie C who could sit behind Harrison if need be and Lewis is an ok LG on this line 

This would be a mega improvement 

1 minute ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

LT- Thomas

LG- Lewis/Harrison

C- Ruiz 

RG- Winters 

RT- Conklin 

Would love this.  It's Brick & Nick all over again.  But the chances of getting Ruiz at 48 are pretty thin and if we did, that means we forgo taking a WR until round 3.  So probably a pipe dream, albeit a nice one.

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

LT - Vaitai (FA signing, younger, better than Beachum)

LG - Lewis (re-sign him as average hold-the-fort guy)

C -  Harrison (under contract) and Draft Ruiz, Biadasz, Hennessey, Harris or Cushenberry to compete

RG - Glasgow (FA signing)

RT - Wirfs, Wills or Isaiah Wilson (Draft)

That's 3/4 upgrades, getting younger with Vaitai and the draftees, and allowing flexibility in Round 1 if premiere OT isn't there.

Backups include Edoga, Qvale, and potentially Harrison if he loses camp battle with rookie Center.

Any of those 5 guys get drafted, they start.

On 3/1/2020 at 2:41 PM, Jetfuel88 said:

Who do you see as the Jets  starting OL for next season. 

LT- Andrew Thomas (R)

LG- joe Thuney 

C- Tyler Biadasz (R)

RG- Choma Edoga 

RT- Jack Conklin 

I'd be shocked if they could pull off Thuney and Conklin, that would be great though.

4 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

LT - Vaitai (FA signing, younger, better than Beachum) $12mm

LG - Lewis (re-sign him as average hold-the-fort guy) $5mm

C -  Harrison (under contract) and Draft Ruiz, Biadasz, Hennessey, Harris or Cushenberry to compete $2mm + Third Round Draft Pick

RG - Glasgow (FA signing)$12mm

RT - Wirfs, Wills or Isaiah Wilson (Draft) $5mm because it will be Vaitai and Thomas is drafted for LT.  Wirfs and Wills will not be there.   This could end up being Edoga or someone else.  

See above for estimated costs:  $34mm plus a Third Round pick and likely first round pick.  

2 hours ago, Untouchable said:

LT Andrew Thomas (1st round):  $5mm plus first round pick.

LG Alex Lewis $5mm

C Matt Hennessy (early 3rd round) $1mm

RG Graham Glasgow $12mm

RT Jack Conklin $18mm

See above for estimated costs:  $41mm plus a first round pick and third round pick.   If rather than Glasgow we can draft a G or try and salvage Winters costs go down.

But in any event, most of the excellent examples above cost close to $40mm.  

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, varjet said:

See above for estimated costs:  $34mm plus a Third Round pick and likely first round pick.  

I like that.  We're also letting money walk off this team with guys like Winters, Beachum, etc. that we won't be paying under my scenario.  The NET additional cost is likely closer to $16M and using Draft picks.