2020 starting OL

1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

I like that.  We're also letting money walk off this team with guys like Winters, Beachum, etc. that we won't be paying under my scenario.  The NET additional cost is likely closer to $16M and using Draft picks.

Good point.  Both examples should include dumping Winters, which saves $6mm.  

I think both of those examples could work.  The key would then be using the second round pick for a WR and signing CB/EDGE in FA.  

The second third round pick and rest of the others can be BPA.  

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, varjet said:

See above for estimated costs:  $34mm plus a Third Round pick and likely first round pick.  

See above for estimated costs:  $41mm plus a first round pick and third round pick.   If rather than Glasgow we can draft a G or try and salvage Winters costs go down.

But in any event, most of the excellent examples above cost close to $40mm.  

And that’s where I’m willing to spend the money if I’m Joe Douglas.

Sam Darnold is the Jets only shot at a force multiplier. Presently and for decades past. The best chance for longterm Jets success is by putting Darnold in the best possible position to succeed.

Improving the OL and WR corps is going to help this team a helluva lot more in the short term and long term rather than spending valuable resources on edgerushers and corners, even though CB and edgerusher are certainly valuable positions in addition to being positions of need. 

Frankly, if Douglas can fortify the OL in FA and either re-sign Robby or bring in someone like Demarcus Robinson plus pull off an Andrew Thomas/Tee Higgins combo in the first 2 rounds...then he could draft nothing but fullbacks and kickers the rest of the way for all I care.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

Good point.  Both examples should include dumping Winters, which saves $6mm.  

I think both of those examples could work.  The key would then be using the second round pick for a WR and signing CB/EDGE in FA.  

The second third round pick and rest of the others can be BPA.  

Winters stunk last year and was a cancer. I’ll never forget him yelling at Sam on the sideline in the Miami game.  Guy is a scrub and assclown