Would You "Exchange" Darnold For One Of The 2020 QB Prospects ???

Would You "Exchange" Daronld For One Of The 2020 QB Prospects ???  

137 members have voted

1. 1. Would You "Exchange" Daronld For...

• Joe Burrow
    • Tua Tagovailoa
    • Justin Herbert
    • Jordan Love
    • I would not even THINK of it. I'm sticking with Sam !!!
    • Piss off, will you...

13 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Cool story.

Except for the part where "everyone" didn't have Darnold "at the top of his draft class".

The fantasy world you people live in....

John Dorsey made a bold move going against the grain and taking the nuclear Dbag midget over the Consensus #1 QB. Win....?

Oh. Wait. Cleveland picks before us and Dorsey was sh*tcanned. LOL. 

• Haha 2

Sam's not the problem the dysfunction of the previous GM not wanting to protect him with a major update on the OL.   

JD seems to be on point and his first free agency and  how he works it will tell greatly the direction of his priority in the draft.

4 hours ago, Warfish said:

Cool story.

Except for the part where "everyone" didn't have Darnold "at the top of his draft class".

The fantasy world you people live in....

Yes, everyone.  You would think this would be easy. It was well publicized.  Darnold, followed by Rosen and then Allen.  Baker came on, but was the shocking number 1.  Want to argue that one, go for it

Burrow wasn't a blue chip HS recruit.  Burrow was a backup before this year.  Twice.  Was going to backup a 3rd time.  Fact.  Not an opinion.  Not fantasy.  He had to leave Ohio State to play. Worked out.  Good for him.  

Look I'm not going to argue.  I'm not calling your opinion a fantasy world  view.  I'll leave that to you.  But it is funny that someone who doesn't watch college football, doesn't like it, wants to accuse us of living in fantasy worlds.  Come on

8 hours ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

John Dorsey made a bold move going against the grain and taking the nuclear Dbag midget over the Consensus #1 QB. Win....?

Remember when Dorsey was celebrated for that ?

• Upvote 1

Could any rookie / 2nd year player look the part behind that offensive line? I am normally pretty pessimistic but I still believe Sam can work his way into a top 10 QB. The only thing holding him back is the jets. If the jets can get this offensive line rebuild started this year and by the following offseason complete the rebuild, I don’t see why darnold can’t be at the very least, the best QB in the AFC east.

with that being said, no. I’d rather have darnold over anyone in this draft class. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/3/2020 at 12:47 AM, Jet Nut said:

Yes, everyone.  You would think this would be easy. It was well publicized.  Darnold, followed by Rosen and then Allen.  Baker came on, but was the shocking number 1.  Want to argue that one, go for it

Burrow wasn't a blue chip HS recruit.  Burrow was a backup before this year.  Twice.  Was going to backup a 3rd time.  Fact.  Not an opinion.  Not fantasy.  He had to leave Ohio State to play. Worked out.  Good for him.  

Look I'm not going to argue.  I'm not calling your opinion a fantasy world  view.  I'll leave that to you.  But it is funny that someone who doesn't watch college football, doesn't like it, wants to accuse us of living in fantasy worlds.  Come on

Going into 2017, there was a ton of, "Suck for Sam!" talk here and probably on every losing NFL team's message boards. No one was talking about, "Bombing for Burrow," before last season. I don't think he was on anyone's radar as a top prospect. 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Mogglez said:

"Sam Darnold wasn't the consensus top QB."

"Sam Darnold wasn't the consensus No. 1 pick."

*Looks at Mock Drafts from the day before/day of the draft*

Screenshot_20200304-002209.thumb.png.29bdd6c03ead3c2a1d0dcbeaee1b45a1.png

Screenshot_20200304-002245.thumb.png.0b91421bb71d61c073b76df34a184503.png

Screenshot_20200304-002329.thumb.png.33ab0190b16015ffb3795ec482366d28.png

Screenshot_20200304-002405.thumb.png.ee8126d8e3f48999bc733283ef411f80.png

Screenshot_20200304-002619.thumb.png.e03147301e23461230c9306c2dd937b3.png

Screenshot_20200304-002209.thumb.png.29bdd6c03ead3c2a1d0dcbeaee1b45a1.png

Screenshot_20200304-002738.png

Looking at your post makes me sad, just thinking about what could have been.

We were so close...  #%*&#@*% Dorsey!!!

:dohslap:

• Haha 1

didnt wanna start a new thread Mannish has an article and it mentions how smart it is to resign your FQB ealry, al la Seattle...

errr... Wilson had an avg QBR of 70, not 44. EVen talking about resigning Sam now is wayyyyy   premature...    he needs to step it up big time.

20 hours ago, slats said:

Going into 2017, there was a ton of, "Suck for Sam!" talk here and probably on every losing NFL team's message boards. No one was talking about, "Bombing for Burrow," before last season. I don't think he was on anyone's radar as a top prospect. 

Youre so right.  How soon we forget.

What I really don't get is what's his point?  It helps him how to try and make Sam into less of a prospect than he actually was.   But you're right,  he was the two year backup to Barrett and left Ohio State because they weren't going to give him time over Haskins so he transferred to LSU and hit it perfect with their high speed offense.  And really, Barrett and Haskins aren't stud QBs either

Then again, no kidding here, he's told me more than once that Sam is a weak armed QB, his arm is on the level of Chad.  

Its not bad enough but then he wants to pick a fight, claim Im the one in a fantasy world over a topic he admits to not knowing nothing about or even having an interest in,

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, slats said:

"Alliterate for Allen".

• Haha 1

On 3/2/2020 at 10:23 PM, Jet_Engine1 said:

bUt bAkEr bRoKe tHe rOoKiE tD rEcOrD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Upvote 1

On 3/2/2020 at 11:40 PM, MS jets Fan said:

Sam's not the problem the dysfunction of the previous GM not wanting to protect him with a major update on the OL.   

JD seems to be on point and his first free agency and  how he works it will tell greatly the direction of his priority in the draft.

Sam's not THE problem, no. It's looking more like a GM panicking and picking a QB before the team was ready. Imagine any of the subsequent prospects with the addition of three 2nd-round picks plus the first rounder that they didn't spend on Darnold. That's easily (for many competent GMs) a couple of decent offensive linemen and CB/Edge rusher. But, we did get a player with well developed arm skills and better than average mobility. So, there is substantial upside. Just need to fill out OL and impact WR.