Panthers shopping Guard Trai Turner

7 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

Not necessarily.  With his contract I don’t see anyone giving up more than a 4th.

His contract along with his pro bowls are why I think a 4th doesn't get it done.  Unless they're deep into cap hell and need every penny.  And I don't think that's the case

34 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

His contract along with his pro bowls are why I think a 4th doesn't get it done.  Unless they're deep into cap hell and need every penny.  And I don't think that's the case

My point about the contract was that after 2020 he’s going to want a big long term deal, maybe even if he gets traded will want a new deal.

So whoever is trading for him will have to be ready to fork it over or only have him for a season before you have a potential hold out.

28 minutes ago, Adoni Beast said:

My point about the contract was that after 2020 he’s going to want a big long term deal, maybe even if he gets traded will want a new deal.

So whoever is trading for him will have to be ready to fork it over or only have him for a season before you have a potential hold out.

I think its going to be viewed the other way around.  Hes controlled for two plus years at an affordable price.  

Anyone can hold out, cant worry about it until someone does, we don't know that he will

25 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

I think its going to be viewed the other way around.  Hes controlled for two plus years at an affordable price.  

Anyone can hold out, cant worry about it until someone does, we don't know that he will

You make a good point. I guess we’ll see what happens. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I don’t really understand this trade. 

I get it from Chargers perspective.  Move the 32 year old higher priced LT for the younger, cheaper OG.  Then draft youing LT in round 1.  But I am not sure what Carolina is thnkiing.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Lith said:

I get it from Chargers perspective.  Move the 32 year old higher priced LT for the younger, cheaper OG.  Then draft youing LT in round 1.  But I am not sure what Carolina is thnkiing.

That makes sense, but every mock I've seen and rumor I've heard has the Chargers taking QB in the draft

7 minutes ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

That makes sense, but every mock I've seen and rumor I've heard has the Chargers taking QB in the draft

Unless they are committed to signing a vet rather than going the rookie QB route.  In which case they can shore up the OL and bring in one of the FA QBs.  Hop9ing they go QB, but I am not sure of any other way to interpret this from Chargers perspective.

• Upvote 1

50 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

Well that’s bad news for us. Those top 4 OL sound like a pipe dream right about now. 

I’m still trying to find a way to cope up until the legal tampering period. I need some excitement in my life and maybe in a different form than what this draft speculation gives lol.