NFL Combine Thoughts and the next step Free Agency.

Hey Jet Loyalists. Now that Phase 4 has just been completed for the College Football Stars and one phase left for most of them. That is Pro Day. For the Elite who performed great at the Combine they could just meet and greet and just stay with what they did at the combine. The other phases, their regular college season, bowl games, and all star games will be looked at again by the scouts and any other NFL team personal to determine who will be better for their franchise. But there is also one obstacle and that starts March 18 and the NFL Free Agency. So if you need that tackle but in free agency you secure a Jack Conklin you just filled that need. Same if Tom Brady so happens to get signed by the Chargers or Dolphins. It could change their mind on that QB this year and look for one either later in this draft or draft one next year. So when we see all these mock drafts they all go out the window. The mock drafts should be read after the NFL free agency is completed.  So for the next 16 days, we sports fans will either keep busy with Baseball, XFL, College Basketball, Hockey or the beginning of Soccer. I didn't mention the NBA because their season doesn't begin until the Playoffs. Now yeah I love all sports so I will be busy watching, but I will keep an eye on the free agent rumors of the NFL. 

But what the Combine did do was to expand the list of Elite Players who could go in the first 16. I will include even the player that I don't agree with but will put him on this list because so many love him.  So this is my list of now the Elite Players that could go from pick 16 o number 1.   

1. JOE BURROW                QB

2. CHASE YOUNG              DE

3. DERRICK BROWN          DT

4. ISIAHA  SIMMONS        OLB

5. JUSTIN HERBERT           QB

6. TUA TAGLAVIOLA          QB

7. JEFFREY OKUDAH          CB   

8. TRISTAN WIRFS             R-OT 

9.  JERRY JEUDY                 WR 

9.  DEE DEE LAMB               WR

11. SEDRICK WILLS             L-OT, G

12. ANDREW THOMAS       L-OT

13. MEKHI BECTON              L-OT              Now everyone that knows me knows that I wouldn't put him on this list. 

14. C.J. HENDERSON           CB                            Had a great combine and moved up

15. KENNETH MURRAY        MLB

16. A.J. EPENESA                   DE 

17. K'LAVON CHIASSON       OLB/DE

18.  JONATHAN TAYLOR        RB 

19. GRANT DELPIT                SAFETY

20.  JUSTIN JEFFERSON         WR

21.  J.K. DOBBINS                  RB 

22.  ANTOINE WINFIELD       SAFETY               Had a great combine.  And he has the blood lines to be an all pro

23. TEE HIGGINS                    WR

24. KRISTIAN FULTON            CB                       Running a 4.46 forty just cemented him as an elite player. 

This is really an extraordinary draft Prospects.  I could of put a few more here on this list. I dropped Laviska Shenault because of his time, but I find out he was injured at the combine, and needs core surgery.  So yes, when healthy he deserves to be put on this list.  After watching Ezra Cleveland perform at the Combine, I could put him also on this list. And Josh Jones is as solid as they come.  And Imagine, I don't even have the projected best RB, Deandre Swift, on this list. Or Cole Kmet, the best TE. Or two of my personal favorites, and both from a favorite team of mine, and well coached TCU.  Jeff Gladney and Jalen Raegor will both make an impact in the NFL. They are just so talented.  And yes the wideout, Henry Ruggs, who ran a 4.27 Forty. So yes, this draft is exciting for guys like myself.  Daniel Jeremiah was right on one thing, when he had 27 wideouts with 1st to 3rd round grades. The talent is way plentiful in this draft. 

So to conclude, whoever the Jets get with that eleventh pick will be a talented son of a gun. Except for Mekhi, who for me needs a lot of coaching up. And I didn't like his not performing field drills thinking he is the greatest OT since Anthony Munoz.  That just rubbed me the wrong way. Being confident doesn't mean a bad thing like Deon Sanders was but you need to back that up on the field.  Look, down the road he may turn out like the player they most compare him to in 3 time pro bowl Leonard Davis and 1 time Pro Bowl Bryant McKinnie, and I will be wrong. Hey, I won't run away from it. I have been wrong before. But he could also turn into King Dunlap or Phil Loadholt. Yes, King Dunlap wasn't a first round pick but a seventh and Loadholt was a 2nd round pick and had an alright career.  But he could also turn into draft bust Aaron Gibson, who was drafted in the first round by Detroit in 1999.  Aaron Gibson height and weight?  He was 6:6 and 375 lbs.. Does this sound familiar?!!  So who knows  We will see the results next year on the team who drafts him. I just don't want the Jets to do that.    So Thanks Again.   

Mr. Douglas, please make this draft process a little easier by signing Jack Conklin and Graham Glasgow.  Two Big Ten former players would be nice.  That would be a nice Father's day gift or yes ladies I will also include you to as a nice Mothers Day Gift. 

Tony

??✈✈✈                  

• Post of the Week 1