Top 11 Post-Combine Mock

1 Cincinatti Burrow. Chalk pick. 

2 Washington Young. Another chalk pick. The Redskins are making noise about taking a quarterback at 2, but that's just an attempt to get the Chargers or Dolphins to move up

3 Lions Simmons. The draft's first true surprise. Patricia is a Belichick disciple and Simmons' freakish athleticism and Swiss Army knife versatility make him the pick over Okudah

4 LAC Herbert. Rumor has it that Gettleman is looking to trade down with an eye on Derrick Brown. Rumor also has it that the Dolphins are starting to lean towards Herbert ahead of Tua. The Chargers send the Giants their third round pick and take back the Giants 5th rounder to leapfrog the Dolphins for their guy

5 Miami Tagovailoa. The Dolphins get left with the higher upside, less immediately ready QB. 

6 NYG Brown. Gettleman gets his man

7 Carolina Okudah. If the draft breaks this way, the Panthers will be absolutely ecstatic.

8 Jacksonville Lamb. Arizona watches in horror as the Jags steal their guy, leading to... 

9 Arizona Wirfs. Having resigned Humphries, the Cards continue protecting their QB investment by drafting Wirfs to play RT and step up to LT if needed

10 Cleveland Becton. Tackle run! Cleveland takes the big man with the monstrous upside

11 Jets Wills. We get our tackle for the next decade. Went back and forth between him and Thomas here. Either way, you've got to believe Joe Douglas would be very happy if the draft board falls this way

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

So did anyone else hear that Wills was not doing well during his combine interviews ?  People were saying he wasn’t able to grasp some concepts and that he was able to process info quickly enough.  Can’t recall who I heard that from though. 

Lith posted a link with that nugget.  From Pauline I think, but not exactly sure.  But it was definitely mentioned exactly like that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

So did anyone else hear that Wills was not doing well during his combine interviews ?  People were saying he wasn’t able to grasp some concepts and that he wasnt able to process info quickly enough.  Can’t recall who I heard that from though. 

I actually heard the same rumor.  Specifically he was having a hard time with pro protection schemes and detailing his pass pro from college.  I forget where I heard it from though and only heard it from one source, still trying to confirm it

1 hour ago, sec101row23 said:

So did anyone else hear that Wills was not doing well during his combine interviews ?  People were saying he wasn’t able to grasp some concepts and that he wasnt able to process info quickly enough.  Can’t recall who I heard that from though. 

Either Saban or Pauline. ? Think it was Pauline.

1 hour ago, section314 said:

Giants may indeed trade down, but not for Brown. They have Lawrence. In this scenario, they take their #1 rated OT, or go back a few more spots. I know this, because I am the Giants GM in our mock.?

You are applying logic to the GM who took a RB ahead of a QB when they desperately needed one, then circled around the next year and wildly overdrafted a QB (which may possibly turn out okay for them despite that).  They need everything and it's Gettleman which means nobody has any idea what they will do.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, nycdan said:

You are applying logic to the GM who took a RB ahead of a QB when they desperately needed one, then circled around the next year and wildly overdrafted a QB (which may possibly turn out okay for them despite that).  They need everything and it's Gettleman which means nobody has any idea what they will do.

I'll take that as a vote of confidence in me??

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, section314 said:

Giants may indeed trade down, but not for Brown. They have Lawrence. In this scenario, they take their #1 rated OT, or go back a few more spots. I know this, because I am the Giants GM in our mock.?

9 hours ago, nycdan said:

I think he drafted Daniel Jones because needed a backup plan at QB given Eli’s decline and took the best prospect in a weak QB draft (after Jones at #6, Haskins at #15 was the only other first round QB; Drew Lock was taken #42 overall, and the next drafted was Finley in the fourth round). 

I think his next first round pick helps out his last two, but not by blocking for them; by keeping defenses honest in the passing game. I think Gettleman replaces OBJ with his pick of the WR litter and goes with Jerry Jeudy.  Whether he does that at #4, or #6, idk. 

• Upvote 1

My preferred order is Thomas, Wirfs, Wills but any of them would be a big win for us. If Douglas picks Becton I will immediately decide that he knows far more than me about OT's and be convinced he made the best choice all along!

Oh, and Brown still goes top 10.