Pro Bowl thread

Smizzy

Pretty sad day when the backstreet boys perform as good if not better in a halftime show than the stones.

The Stones were not on their A-game, but that post is ****ing blasphemy.

The greatest rock 'n roll band of all-time should never be mentioned in the same sentence as a bunch of talentless pretty boys.

people like to over look the past and focus on the present. People should enjoy the fact they are all still alive and were willing to play for the NFL.

It's the ****ing stones man! You might not like the music but they have been rocking **** since your parents were kids and I thought it was cool to check them out.

As I get older...I have a greater appreciation for older things and history. It's not easy to make a mark everybody will remember forever.

I don't own any backstreet boys CDs and dont have any of their songs on my computer, the stone's will always be a huge part of my music collection. I thought it was a joke when I heard they would be playing the pro bowl too, but thats not the point. The point is that the stones did a horrible job and even if you don't like their music you should at least be able to tell that the prissy boy band did a better job than they did. Its time to call it quits. I went to a bob dylan show last year, and it was better than the stones at the super bowl and thats saying something cause he is way way off his prime.

people like to over look the past and focus on the present. People should enjoy the fact they are all still alive and were willing to play for the NFL.

It's the ****ing stones man! You might not like the music but they have been rocking **** since your parents were kids and I thought it was cool to check them out.

As I get older...I have a greater appreciation for older things and history. It's not easy to make a mark everybody will remember forever.

That's all fine and good, but the Stones are nowhere near as good a band as they were in the 60s or 70s. Talk about beating a dead horse. I like the stones, but even they're classics that they did during halftime didn't sound so hot. Sometimes, you just gotta know when to hang em up.

Funny that some people on here have a deep and utter hatred for U2, which is pretty much the same as the Stones, a band that used to make BRILLIANT music, but they're best days are behind them. You listen to "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb". and then listen to "The Joshua Tree" and its like listening to two different bands.

That's all fine and good, but the Stones are nowhere near as good a band as they were in the 60s or 70s. Talk about beating a dead horse. I like the stones, but even they're classics that they did during halftime didn't sound so hot. Sometimes, you just gotta know when to hang em up.

Funny that some people on here have a deep and utter hatred for U2, which is pretty much the same as the Stones, a band that used to make BRILLIANT music, but they're best days are behind them. You listen to "How to Dismantle an Atomic Bomb". and then listen to "The Joshua Tree" and its like listening to two different bands.

U2 might be a great band..but the Stones have been doing this since Bono was sucking on his momma's tit. Who cares who is playing at halftime really now? Im there to watch a football game...Most people should be happy they got to some one worth watching...unlike Cheryl Crow.

Im not a stones fan but atleast they are members of the rock & roll hof. The NFL is trying to do something for the fans.

U2 might be a great band..but the Stones have been doing this since Bono was sucking on his momma's tit. Who cares who is playing at halftime really now? Im there to watch a football game...Most people should be happy they got to some one worth watching...unlike Cheryl Crow.

Im not a stones fan but atleast they are members of the rock & roll hof. The NFL is trying to do something for the fans.

you could say the same about Paul McCartney. His Super bowl halftime was a snoozefest.

Anyways, I'm the same as you. I really don't care about the halftime show. Most of that game didn't really have me worked up at all but then again that might have been because of the beer. :)

U2 is the most over-rated band of all-time. I too find it hilarious how people can't suck them off enough, while at the same time, they bash the Rolling Stones. Keith and Mick have more talent in their pinky fingers than every member of U2 combined. The Rolling Stones new music, while not up to the standards they set for themselves in the past, is still better than anything primadonna Bono and the Edge have ever put out.

Archived