If Tom Brady leaves the Pats...

Zachtomims47

Who do you think they could bring in to stay atop the AFC East? 

Dalton? Rivers? Bridgewater? Or are we just gonna see a severe drop off no matter what, and the whole division is an even playing field? 

I think they’ll be close to the same, but it’s more important then ever to build around Sam and get this thing going while they’re in transition. 

This is all a myth and they can be beaten! When was the last time anybody else in the AFC East had their s*** together? Whenever they did they beat the Patriots.

There is obviously something to be said for longevity when it comes to coach, quarterback, and owner. They have a good system in place and so did the Steelers and that's why they're successful almost every year as well.

What I will say is that MF Belichick once he gets going in the playoffs can definitely game plan and scheme. I say tip your hat to that cuz we're experiencing one of the greatest ever as much as I hate it. But anybody, any man can be beaten .. Any Given Sunday

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Bridgewater is the best FA QB out there and the Jets should of kept him and used the draft picks they gave away to get Sam. 

They could of had

QB - Bridgewater (2018)

OG - Nelson (2018 1st)

WR - Sutton (2018 2nd)

RT - Smith (2018 2nd)

C - McCoy (2019 2nd)

Sam has the higher ceiling. Bridgewater is good but he's not turn your franchise around top 10 QB good. 

Also no way Chris Johnson doesn't draft a QB after essentially tanking for a pick in the 2018 Draft. I say Chris because really he calls all the shots the GM just suggests what to do sadly. 

11 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Bridgewater is the best FA QB out there and the Jets should of kept him and used the draft picks they gave away to get Sam. 

They could of had

QB - Bridgewater (2018)

OG - Nelson (2018 1st)

WR - Sutton (2018 2nd)

RT - Smith (2018 2nd)

C - McCoy (2019 2nd)

Youre smoking something good, Bridgewater sucks. Sam a lot better than Teddy will ever be 

• Upvote 2

14 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They could of had

QB - Bridgewater (2018)

OG - Nelson (2018 1st)

WR - Sutton (2018 2nd)

RT - Smith (2018 2nd)

C - McCoy (2019 2nd)

Bridgewater is a game manager. Sam has the potential to be elite. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Reynolds1029 said:

Sam has the higher ceiling. Bridgewater is good but he's not turn your franchise around top 10 QB good. 

Also no way Chris Johnson doesn't draft a QB after essentially tanking for a pick in the 2018 Draft. I say Chris because really he calls all the shots the GM just suggests what to do sadly. 

5 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

Youre smoking something good, Bridgewater sucks. Sam a lot better than Teddy will ever be 

Sam might become a better QB but I’d rather have Bridgewater and three starting OL as well as a WR. 

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

They could of had

QB - Bridgewater (2018)

OG - Nelson (2018 1st)

WR - Sutton (2018 2nd)

RT - Smith (2018 2nd)

C - McCoy (2019 2nd)

You are actually assuming our GM would not have been a sheer and utter dumbass if Teddy was here.

Not sure how having a different QB would have made our GM less stupid.

Bridgewater woud have been killed on this team.

• Upvote 3

43 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Sam might become a better QB but I’d rather have Bridgewater and three starting OL as well as a WR. 

They’ll get the o lineman this year. So again you must be smoking something good with your brilliant logic 

45 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

Colts have the offensive lineman and essentially Teddy Bridgewater who’s the same player as Brissett. They would trade Nelson for Darnold right now

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, New York Mick said:

You're right, building a team of studs around an average at best QB won us so many Super Bowls between 2009-2011. Look at the last 30 years, by and large it's the best QBs who win Super Bowls.  Also never mind the fact we acted like these studs were free and crashed and burned the second cap hell took affect. 

Here's a sleeper idea if Brady leaves.  Rivers signs with Indy,  Pats trade 1 of their soon to be 3rd round comp picks for Brissett. That brings Brissett back to NE to play for BB and McDaniels who was the OC in 2016 when Brissett was on the team and started 2 games while Brady was suspended.  It makes a ton of sense for the Pats and Colts. It saves the Colts $16 million to trade him and is only a $6 million cap hit for the cap strapped Pats in 2020. They also get a guy who knows the system so the learning curve would be reduced quite a bit.

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

As long as Belichick is there theyre winning the division.

The issue right now is that the rest of AFCE is very weak

If Darnold steps up and Douglass is any good then maybe we take it. Miami is a ways a way, and I'm not a Josh Allen believer at all

2 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean it’s not like Brady was lighting up defenses last year. Their defense was the strength of that team. They can bring in any serviceable QB and still win the AFC east fairly easily. Until Belicheck leaves they’re still the favorites. He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel

Agreed. It all ends when Belicheck leaves.

6 hours ago, Beerfish said:

You are actually assuming our GM would not have been a sheer and utter dumbass if Teddy was here.

They still would of had a solidQB that doesn’t commit a lot of TO and a handful of high picks. The 2018 draft had pretty good talent in the top 10 and 2nd round. 

9 hours ago, Rhg1084 said:

I mean it’s not like Brady was lighting up defenses last year. Their defense was the strength of that team. They can bring in any serviceable QB and still win the AFC east fairly easily. Until Belicheck leaves they’re still the favorites. He went 11-5 with Matt Cassel

They missed the playoffs with Cassel a year after going undefeated.  Cassel won a division title 2 years later in KC.

Brady showed signs of decline last year and we see where they went.  The pats dynasty was about Brady, they'd have 3 more SBs if not for the D coming up small in SBs.

Once Brady leaves the dynasty is dead.

7 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Agreed. It all ends when Belicheck leaves.

7 full seasons as a HC without Brady as his starter.

5 losing seasons

Just 1 playoff app(wild card)

Just 1 playoff win (wild card at home before they changed the rules that prohibit WC teams from hosting in WC round)

Literally every QB he's had had had more success without him.

Kosar made 3 AFC title games in Cleveland before BB, was 11-20 with BB

Bledsoe, made SB before BB.  Was 5-13 with BB

Vinny made WC round with BB, won division and made AFC title game without him.

Cassel missed playoffs with him, won division title without him.

Won't count Garropolo and brissett since they barely started under him.

Brady is the reason for the dynasty

8 hours ago, CTM said:

The issue right now is that the rest of AFCE is very weak

If Darnold steps up and Douglass is any good then maybe we take it. Miami is a ways a way, and I'm not a Josh Allen believer at all

Yeah agreed. If Baltimore, Pitt or KC we’re in the East different story but the Jets and Dolphins aren’t close to the Pats at the moment and Josh Allen is Josh Allen.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, New York Mick said:

They could of had

QB - Bridgewater (2018)

OG - Nelson (2018 1st)

WR - Sutton (2018 2nd)

RT - Smith (2018 2nd)

C - McCoy (2019 2nd)

Fine scenario but you do realize who was making the picks then? 

45 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

They missed the playoffs with Cassel a year after going undefeated.  Cassel won a division title 2 years later in KC.

Brady showed signs of decline last year and we see where they went.  The pats dynasty was about Brady, they'd have 3 more SBs if not for the D coming up small in SBs.

Once Brady leaves the dynasty is dead.

BB won 11 games with Cassell that year and narrowly missed the playoffs.  I like how you selectively left that out. 

They could of had

QB - Bridgewater (2018)

OG - Nelson (2018 1st)

WR - Sutton (2018 2nd)

RT - Smith (2018 2nd)

C - McCoy (2019 2nd)

Realistically, you would've ended up with 3 guys completely out of the league at this point, some young "second round steal" of a QB and an edge rusher really really close to his first career sack (just you wait). 

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Hes also assuming Bridgewater will be a really good alternative based off of a handful of games playing for a loaded offensive team in NO.

The other assumption is that Bridgewater will stay healthy for a real length of time as a starting NFL QB.  

If Macc had done his job and built up the OL we're not having this conversation

They could of had

QB - Bridgewater (2018)

OG - Nelson (2018 1st)

WR - Sutton (2018 2nd)

RT - Smith (2018 2nd)

C - McCoy (2019 2nd)

The problem is Macc would never have used those picks on offensive lineman and Bridgeqater was a huge question mark at that point

7 minutes ago, choon328 said:

BB won 11 games with Cassell that year and narrowly missed the playoffs.  I like how you selectively left that out. 

That was a loaded team that went 18-1 the year before.  Hackenberg would have won games with that roster. If Brady leaves BB is getting exposed big time

fun fact: last time BB won a playoff game without Brady was 1994

If Brady leaves the AFC East, I don't buy that whoever NE puts into Brady's place is going to make them a contender.  Brady was just too important too that offense.  I guess that makes the B-- (excuse me, puked in my mouth there)  Bills the favorite.  I still think that squad carries Allen and not the other way around,  but he's more than capable of getting a team to the playoffs just off his skill set alone.  I am interested to see how the Dolphins situation plays out.  They draft Tua and they def sit him a year for medical reasons.  They draft Herbert he sits a year because they have to actually coach him up with somebody who can unlearn all the sh*t Marcus Arroyo made him do.  And we still have the bargaining agreement to get through before anything can happen.  Should be an interesting off season.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, pdxgreen said:

If Brady leaves the AFC East, I don't buy that whoever NE puts into Brady's place is going to make them a contender.  Brady was just too important too that offense.  I guess that makes the B-- (excuse me, puked in my mouth there)  Bills the favorite.  I still think that squad carries Allen and not the other way around,  but he's more than capable of getting a team to the playoffs just off his skill set alone.  I am interested to see how the Dolphins situation plays out.  They draft Tua and they def sit him a year for medical reasons.  They draft Herbert he sits a year because they have to actually coach him up with somebody who can unlearn all the sh*t Marcus Arroyo made him do. 

If Brady leaves the pats might not win 4 games next season

3 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If Brady leaves the pats might not win 4 games next season

Could see them bringing in Dalton maybe if they are desperate.  Mariota I just don't see it.  He's never been the same after he got his wrist smashed up.  Now don't get me wrong... I am a lifelong Oregon fan.  But I don't think he'll be anything more than a backup at this point.

I don't think he's leaving. What's the Pats plan if he does leave? They have no leverage in my opinion. A few years ago they had Jimmy G sitting behind him. Now, they have Stidham who is a 4th round pick with no NFL experience besides throwing a pick 6 against the Jets. 

Unless Belichick loves someone like Teddy Bridgewater, you gotta think the Patriots will be looking to ink Brady to a deal at some point.