Does Tom Brady stay or go?

Does Tom Brady stay or go?  

64 members have voted

1. 1. Does Tom Brady stay or go?

• He leaves
    • He stays

Simple question, and kinda piggybacking off the other topic.  Since I don't believe we actually had a poll about this, I thought it would be a good idea to kill some time on a Wednesday and invite some conversation.

A smart man would say no, but for some reason I see him leaving.

I think he wants to leave to prove that it was him responsible for their' success*, and not Bill.

What say you, JetNation?

He's obsessed with winning another championship.  I think all that sh*t about being a system QB has just finally gotten to Brady.  And the things the fans say about his wife's money.  He wants to see if he can do it without the BB machine attached to him.  And he wants to be paid like the greatest QB in NFL history should be paid.  In a way it kind of makes sense.  Of course he could totally change his mind and chicken out if he thinks NE fans would never forgive him.  But Brady has always been a hard personality to figure out.  Nobody could know his reasoning for leaving.

I don't think he cares as much where he plays as THAT he plays.  He is chasing Brees for the career TD and Yards records.  I think that may matter to him more now than another ring.  With all that he's accomplished, it has to sting a little to pass Manning in both categories but still come in 2nd place to a guy who started a year after him and played on far inferior teams.  I wouldn't be surprised if that's the reason Brees is still playing as well.  

Dana White to ask Tom Brady about playing for Raiders during UFC 248 promotional livestream

Yahoo!Sports Link

The one that may draw the most interest, though, is the one on Wednesday at 3 p.m. ET with NFL quarterback Tom Brady. During a scrum with reporters at the UFC Apex facility on Tuesday to discuss Saturday’s card at T-Mobile Arena, White was asked if he would lobby Brady to leave the New England Patriots and sign as a free agent with the Las Vegas Raiders.

brady is done.  i don't care a thing about his tb12 bs.  he's leaving the patsies because the bellichicken probably told him he's not going to be the automatic choice for patsie qb.  i don't know who the patsies have to take over but they will get someone.  i also doubt they go after a guy like rivers or even dalton.  the bellichicken wants someone malleable.

I'm actually kind of buying the Brady to SF narrative that i saw floating out there... ready to win now team, with familiar staff, his hometown favorite team growing up with a defense, great running game and lots of young WRs + Gronk-lite in Kittle.

They can move on from Jimmy G with no penalty i read? 

Brady in the Bay area. Believe it. 

• Upvote 1

29 minutes ago, Paradis said:

I'm actually kind of buying the Brady to SF narrative that i saw floating out there... ready to win now team, with familiar staff, his hometown favorite team growing up with a defense, great running game and lots of young WRs + Gronk-lite in Kittle.

They can move on from Jimmy G with no penalty i read? 

Brady in the Bay area. Believe it. 

Jimmy G escapes the shadow of Brady.  Gets to the Super Bowl.  And then gets replaced by Brady.  

That's a pretty cruel turn of events although I suspect he can wipe the tears away with the fat contract he signed there and feel better.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, pdxgreen said:

He's obsessed with winning another championship.  I think all that sh*t about being a system QB has just finally gotten to Brady.  And the things the fans say about his wife's money.  He wants to see if he can do it without the BB machine attached to him.  And he wants to be paid like the greatest QB in NFL history should be paid.  In a way it kind of makes sense.  Of course he could totally change his mind and chicken out if he thinks NE fans would never forgive him.  But Brady has always been a hard personality to figure out.  Nobody could know his reasoning for leaving.

I can't see Kraft letting the Golden Boy go to ANY other team. Why would Brady risk his legacy going somewhere else? If Belichick cuts him that is one thing, which would be like cutting his own throat so all this talk is just to drive up the price. Brady has taken less than market value for a long time and at the end he wants what he is due.

• Brady just bought a mansion in Greenwich, CT and enrolled his kids in school.  The Jets and Giants are not a likely team for Brady.  He is about a 2.75 hour drive to Foxboro.
  • But I voted that he would leave, because he and BB are just both forces of nature that no longer feed each other's egos.
    • Brady does not trust BB to build a team around him, or not pull him.
    • BB may think Brady is done and may want to try and compete with a different QB.
  • I think these guys need a divorce.  

21 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I can't see Kraft letting the Golden Boy go to ANY other team. Why would Brady risk his legacy going somewhere else? If Belichick cuts him that is one thing, which would be like cutting his own throat so all this talk is just to drive up the price. Brady has taken less than market value for a long time and at the end he wants what he is due.

It's amazing how Kraft's will defines Brady's career path in the eyes of so many.  Like Kraft's this marionette puppeteer who only ever truly decides if Brady will ever really leave.  I guess after the McDaniels fiasco and Caserio rumbling in the news, it's only right to consider that Robert Kraft is the boss nobody ever truly gets away from.  But I still think there is more to this than Brady trying to bump up his next extension.  If Shady does re-sign in NE it won't be because he hasn't looked elsewhere.  He's obviously wants this process to play out over the off season.

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

If the pats are smart they tank for Trevor next year

43 year old Brady with a mediocre roster ain’t winning sh t

Brady stays for two more years and at a price that is friendly to the Pats... BB and Tom have a big old laugh at the rest of the world.  They add WR talent in the off season, win the division and another Lombardi...

If BB stays with the Pats after Brady leaves either now or in one/two years, I don't think they would be interested in Trevor Lawrence.   I'd venture to say that they already have their eye on a few college QB's that none of us are talking about.  One that would be the ideal system complimentary passer.  Off the charts football  IQ with ability to read a defense, decide on the best option pre-snap and then place the ball VERY quickly.  Pocket awareness and conservation of motion within the pocket are also essential... 

If BB stays with the pats for at least three to five more years, I predict their next starting QB will be taken at the very bottom of the first to the middle of the third round...

49ers sign Brady-2 years, $40mm.  Less than Jimmy G.  Give Brady a SB bonus.  

49ers trade Jimmy G to Patriots for the Patriots 1st round pick. 

Now the 49ers have more cap space, another draft pick, and Brady.  

49ers push for the Super Bowl.  Brady leaves his family in Greenwich.

Brady hooks up with a 49er cheerleader, Giselle with the Pool Boy in Greenwich, they get divorced.