Who Was The Worst Jets GM In The Post-Kotite Era?

Who Was The Worst Jets GM In The Post-Kotite Era?  

120 members have voted

1. 1. Who was worst?

• Mike Maccagnan
    • John Idzik
    • Mike Tannenbaum
    • Terry Bradway
    • Bill Parcells

The Jets have never really had a "good" GM, but the current streak of bad GMs is pretty unbelievably bad. Like really, really bad, and that includes Parcells, who was a buffoon in the front office despite his obvious talents as a head coach.

But who was the worst?

It was Maccagnan. From his ruinous free agent signings, to his complete lack of talent assessment skills, to his complete bungling of every single draft he managed, to Hackenberg, to Pollite, to Gase, to passing over Mahomes and Watson, the list goes on. He drafted Darnold, that's it, and even that isn't a certainty to be a success story at this point. To cap it off, the team suffered five seasons of his buffoonery.

At least Tannenbaum had a few good years.

At least Idzik's damage was limited to two years.

Bradway was a close second for the all-time worst; Parcells was third.

• Upvote 1

mac by far.  in hindsight his drafting hackenberg and then sticking with him while watching the likes of mahomes and watson go by was just wrong. it must have been pretty obvious to the coaches that hack couldn't hack and mac needed to move on from his mistake.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

I chose Mac. His philosophy towards the offensive line was borderline gross negligence. He made quite a few poor choices not just in the draft, but in free agency as well. Mac's saving grace will be if Sam Darnold turns out to be the franchise quarterback the Jets have been long searching for. Should Darnold hoist a Lombardi Trophy, then you also could argue he's better than the other Mike (Tannebaum) we had at GM.

28 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

Wouldn’t it be easier to poll who was the best GM? Too many choices to pick the worst.

i'm hopin' our CURRENT gm proves to be OUR best gm.. EVER   ?

cheers ~ ~ 

:beer:

• Upvote 2

I say Bradway and Idzik..its a tie!

Mike Maccagnans plan never came to fruition.. and Todd Bowles was a dud, despite being a good football guy. I think it's just fresh in everyone's mind, but they weren't bad guys.

Terry Bradway was clueless!! I actually remember his first television interview and he was looking at the camera like he couldn't believe he was actually there. It was just terrible! Look up the moves he made, the players he let go, and the players he drafted. The Jetskins!!??

John idzik was totally in over his head and was totally unqualified to be the GM of a pro football team. His forced marriage with Rex Ryan was so bad it was like trying to f*** while drunk on roller skates. The Idzik 12? Puke!

I think Woody Johnson not meddling with Adam Gase and Joe Douglas will help....Alot! In fact Tannenbaum really wasn't so bad , he just was giving Woody everything he wanted! Woody screwed Mangini, and inadvertently screwed Tannenbaum by getting involved and listening to Rex Ryan.

So the lesson here kids is, keep Chris Johnson to let the football guys do what they do, and keep Woody far away from this football team. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

Mac and Idzik both sucked equally, but in different ways.

Parcells "fixed" the Jets and the culture through scorched earth strip mining, skipped on a HOF OT and pissed off Peyton, Had a decent draft with 4 1st rounders, and then ran away mumbling about mirrors or something.

Tanny had his moments, but was weak minded and too easily influenced by morons. 

Bradway was a non-entity who was a textbook example of the Peter Principle.  

Poll impossible to answer. 

• Upvote 1

It’s a tie between Idzik and Macc. Drafting Geno was dumb and Macc keeping him just compounded things. I give Macc ZERO credit for trading up for Sam. He passed on Dak, Watson, Mahomes and was forced to trade away assets to get a QB. Let’s not forget the horrible pick he made in Hackenberg. These two guys belong in the Jets Ring of Shame.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, BroadwayRay said:

The Jets have never really had a "good" GM, but the current streak of bad GMs is pretty unbelievably bad. Like really, really bad, and that includes Parcells, who was a buffoon in the front office despite his obvious talents as a head coach.

But who was the worst?

It was Maccagnan. From his ruinous free agent signings, to his complete lack of talent assessment skills, to his complete bungling of every single draft he managed, to Hackenberg, to Pollite, to Gase, to passing over Mahomes and Watson, the list goes on. He drafted Darnold, that's it, and even that isn't a certainty to be a success story at this point. To cap it off, the team suffered five seasons of his buffoonery.

At least Tannebaum had a few good years.

At least Idzik's damage was limited to two years.

Bradway was a close second for the all-time worst; Parcells was third.

At least Mac got SOME players that could play. Idzik was a complete moron.

Mac by a mile, noting two things:

• I don't give Mac credit for Darnold:
    • HEpassed over Mahomes and Watson the year before
    • He tried too hard to win in 2017 and thus won too many games, costing 2 second round picks . 
    • He got completely lucky with the Giants passing over Darnold.  Imagine if he picked Allen or Rosen?  He was not picking Lamar Jackson.
  • Douglas will need alot of time and patience, given the damage that was done here.  
  • Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Greenbloodblitz said:

I say Bradway and Idzik..its a tie!

Mike Maccagnans plan never came to fruition.. and Todd Bowles was a dud, despite being a good football guy. I think it's just fresh in everyone's mind, but they weren't bad guys.

Terry Bradway was clueless!! I actually remember his first television interview and he was looking at the camera like he couldn't believe he was actually there. It was just terrible! Look up the moves he made, the players he let go, and the players he drafted. The Jetskins!!??

John idzik was totally in over his head and was totally unqualified to be the GM of a pro football team. His forced marriage with Rex Ryan was so bad it was like trying to f*** while drunk on roller skates. The Idzik 12? Puke!

I think Woody Johnson not meddling with Adam Gase and Joe Douglas will help....Alot! In fact Tannenbaum really wasn't so bad , he just was giving Woody everything he wanted! Woody screwed Mangini, and inadvertently screwed Tannenbaum by getting involved and listening to Rex Ryan.

So the lesson here kids is, keep Chris Johnson to let the football guys do what they do, and keep Woody far away from this football team. 

Chris Johnson was in the Jets scouting booth at the combine so throw the he’s not going to meddle stuff out the window.

45 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

At least Mac got SOME players that could play. Idzik was a complete moron.

Mac also drafted in the top 6 4/5 drafts.  His failure, when considering the resources, dwarfs Idzik's.

And this doesn't even venture into FA...

• Upvote 2

53 minutes ago, Wonderboy said:

It’s a tie between Idzik and Macc. Drafting Geno was dumb and Macc keeping him just compounded things. I give Macc ZERO credit for trading up for Sam. He passed on Dak, Watson, Mahomes and was forced to trade away assets to get a QB. Let’s not forget the horrible pick he made in Hackenberg. These two guys belong in the Jets Ring of Shame.

Was it dumb?  The Jets needed a QB and they got the one that was considered to be the top in the draft, in the 2nd round.  And, you could make the argument that he was in fact the best QB in that draft.  It's either Geno or Mike Glennon.  It didn't work out, but it really wasn't a bad draft selection.  The gripe should be that he didn't recognize the issues once on the team, and take Bridgewater or Carr over Calvin Pryor the following year.

• Upvote 1

Maccagnan just because of length of term in office so he could cause more damage that way.  Bradway, I was always amazed me that he stayed in the organization so long.  You would always hear these stories from fans about "Bradway wanted to draft so and so."  Don't know if it was from press leaks or whatever.  But Bradway got a lot of mileage from those kinds of stories.

• Upvote 1