Kurt Warner on Darnold

17 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Top 10 Production in Year 3 or just stfu already.

Excuses don't win Super Bowls.

Thats exactly what I was thinking about your demands for Sam. 

No one makes that demand of a 3rd year young QB with a totally unknown offensive roster.

Excuses. LOL

• Upvote 3

These types of clips where we hear an analysis of Sam were fun going into the '18 season. They could have been looked at as reassuring going into '19. However they don't interest me at this point.

We're going into year 3. Everyone has formed their opinion by now. Some think he's shown enough to prove he's a top level QB. Some think he'll be a mid tier type who you can win with if he has enough talent around him. Others are worried he's not going to be worthy of a second deal, and we're spinning our wheels. The only one who can change any of our minds at this point is Darnold.

Most of us aren't going to get excited anymore hearing stories about his offseason work, or how he's "slinging it" during OTAs. We're going into year 3 now. No more excuses, no more projecting, no more looking for incremental steps. There comes a point in a players career where you can say he's shown you who he is, and who he'll be. I think 3 seasons is a fair amount of time to give him show it.

It's up to Sam to change people's opinions now, not Warner or Romo. 

That said, what we think doesn't really matter. Gase and Douglas are the two who get to decide.

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

These types of clips where we hear an analysis of Sam were fun going into the '18 season. They could have been looked at as reassuring going into '19. However they don't interest me at this point.

We're going into year 3. Everyone has formed their opinion by now. Some think he's shown enough to prove he's a top level QB. Some think he'll be a mid tier type who you can win with if he has enough talent around him. Others are worried he's not going to be worthy of a second deal, and we're spinning our wheels. The only one who can change any of our minds at this point is Darnold.

Most of us aren't going to get excited anymore hearing stories about his offseason work, or how he's "slinging it" during OTAs. We're going into year 3 now. No more excuses, no more projecting, no more looking for incremental steps. There comes a point in a players career where you can say he's shown you who he is, and who he'll be. I think 3 seasons is a fair amount of time to give him show it.

That said, what we think doesn't really matter. Gase and Douglas are the two who get to decide.

you didn’t even watch the clip 

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I mean this clip isn’t talking up Darnold or anything. He’s preaching consistency is what will make him great. Doing the good things for 16 weeks and not just show glimpses. All true. That’s what it comes down to now. 

Maybe it was. To be honest, I didn't watch it. At this point I've heard enough analysts talk about him, and I've seen enough videos showing what "can make him great." I'm really not interested in being reassured anymore. I'd like to be shown by Darnold, not told by Warner.

I've watched him with my own eyes for two years. I'm still not sure what he is, and that's not a great feeling considering all we gave up to get him, and how great everyone said he would be when we drafted him. I know this coming season won't be his last one here, but I think it will be a defining one. 

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Same OL’ cliche quotes. He’s probably never sat down and specifically reviewed 2 seasons of Sam’s tape like others have. 

Just off season filler for football junkies. 
The biggest question I have is not about Sam, but Gase. Can he successfully build around Sam’s  talent to get him the weapons and offensive schemes to have Sam flourish ?

• Upvote 1

28 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

He was a little hesitant to put too much praise on in, emphases consistency.

i don’t believe this was as fluffy as other videos posted of former QB’s speaking on Sam. I thought it was pretty straight forward and accurate, Sam has skills to play well on this level but consistency is key..no secret. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

How come any pro Sam thread or post gets the same contingent of haters, many of whom want to sell us on a a certain undersized, underachieving egomaniac? 

Its a Jets board.  14 I get, the confused type fans without reasons other than they want to argue I don't. 

27 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Take 31 QBs and give them mono week 1 then put them behind our OL last year. What’s the result for each? Wilson and Mahomes are the only two guys I can even see surviving the season. 

Truth. 

Production argument ASIDE...

I cant see many players at all having the temperament and resilience to deal with all that, in the NY media market no less. 

Maybe 10 total players in the NFL would even keep it together under those circumstances, and we have one of them as our QB. 

How many meltdowns did we see from players this year, with less actual adversity. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Samtorobby47 said:

I mean this clip isn’t talking up Darnold or anything. He’s preaching consistency is what will make him great. Doing the good things for 16 weeks and not just show glimpses. All true. That’s what it comes down to now. 

While it's something we all are well aware of. I really like how Warner described it and that’s why I posted.

• Upvote 1

He has all the physical tools, the mental make up, and the instinctual “it” factor.

He’s still so young, but that was why keeping Bowles and hiring Gase were so highly criticized. Because of Sam’s age and lack of years actually playing quarterback (he was a linebacker for a good amount of time in high school before becoming a QB), he really needed a top HC and coaching staff. 

His OC’s have been Jeremy Bates (no longer in the league and hadn’t been in about a decade before being with us) and Dowell Loggains. I mean holy sh*t...

Let’s pray Gase gets an updated roster and can actually develop this kid. What concerns me about Gase is his refusal to hire an actual proven QB coach and OC. You get as many good minds around Sam as you can. He’s done the opposite.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, THE BARON said:

My assessment of Sam has not changed since his draft scouting reports came out two years ago,

He compares somewhat to a "Brett Favre" with respect to his style and skill set.  A gunslinger that can improvise, extend the play and "wow" you with "did I just see him do that" type of throws...  And... Mistakes. 

Now, here is the most important thing that needs to be revealed.

In critical times and big games, will Sam throw the amazing pass (as he can) or will he be the bad Sam and make the head-scratching mistake (as he can)

*THIS* question is the key to Sam's career and legacy.  What does he do in the clutch ???

Totally agree.

This is something that we need to pay careful attention to when (if?) the team becomes a contender that plays itself into big games. 

52 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

How come any pro Sam thread or post gets the same contingent of haters, many of whom want to sell us on a a certain undersized, underachieving egomaniac? 

Its a Jets board.  14 I get, the confused type fans without reasons other than they want to argue I don't. 

Because this board is littered with trolls who have found a convenient, unifying mechanism for trolling. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Jet Nut said:

50 years of losing does that to a fan base. A lot of fans have zero faith in the organization and have a prove me wrong outlook. 

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

If they improve the oline, add a good WR and Sam can keep his tongue out of stripper’s buttholes he should be good.
No more excuses

Hey now... 

I've never gotten Mono from tonguing a stripper's butthole. So I'm pretty sure that's not how Sam got it. 

• Sympathy 2

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

He was a little hesitant to put too much praise on in, emphases consistency.

i don’t believe this was as fluffy as other videos posted of former QB’s speaking on Sam. I thought it was pretty straight forward and accurate, Sam has skills to play well on this level but consistency is key..no secret. 

Keep his tongue out of stripper’s buttholes 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If they improve the oline, add a good WR and Sam can keep his tongue out of stripper’s buttholes he should be good.
No more excuses

43 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

Because this board is littered with trolls who have found a convenient, unifying mechanism for trolling. 

18 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Stripper buttholes, all

15 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

Fixed. Woody is a BOOB.

Strippers, buttholes, boobs and trolls.

There's a screenplay waiting to be written here...

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2