Kurt Warner on Darnold

2 hours ago, New York Mick said:

If they improve the oline, add a good WR and Sam can keep his tongue out of stripper’s buttholes he should be good.
No more excuses

Agreed - except the stripper part. Kid needs a good social life, and they don't piss-test for strippers.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

These types of clips where we hear an analysis of Sam were fun going into the '18 season. They could have been looked at as reassuring going into '19. However they don't interest me at this point.

We're going into year 3. Everyone has formed their opinion by now. Some think he's shown enough to prove he's a top level QB. Some think he'll be a mid tier type who you can win with if he has enough talent around him. Others are worried he's not going to be worthy of a second deal, and we're spinning our wheels. The only one who can change any of our minds at this point is Darnold.

Most of us aren't going to get excited anymore hearing stories about his offseason work, or how he's "slinging it" during OTAs. We're going into year 3 now. No more excuses, no more projecting, no more looking for incremental steps. There comes a point in a players career where you can say he's shown you who he is, and who he'll be. I think 3 seasons is a fair amount of time to give him show it.

It's up to Sam to change people's opinions now, not Warner or Romo. 

That said, what we think doesn't really matter. Gase and Douglas are the two who get to decide.

...an hour later:

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

To be honest, I didn't watch it.

2 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Not going to either.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, nico002 said:

Take 31 QBs and give them mono week 1 then put them behind our OL last year. What’s the result for each? Wilson and Mahomes are the only two guys I can even see surviving the season. 

Mahomes, Wilson, Watson, Rodgers maybe, Jackson maaaaaybe, and probably Fitz since it really does look like he doesn't give a f, he's just having fun out there. Literally everyone else would have been on IR by week 6. Sam has some mobility so he could limit pressure but the ongoing pressure on Darnold throughout the 2019 season was insane.

• Post of the Week 1

4 hours ago, THE BARON said:

My assessment of Sam has not changed since his draft scouting reports came out two years ago,

He compares somewhat to a "Brett Favre" with respect to his style and skill set.  A gunslinger that can improvise, extend the play and "wow" you with "did I just see him do that" type of throws...  And... Mistakes. 

Now, here is the most important thing that needs to be revealed.

In critical times and big games, will Sam throw the amazing pass (as he can) or will he be the bad Sam and make the head-scratching mistake (as he can)

*THIS* question is the key to Sam's career and legacy.  What does he do in the clutch ???

A gunslinger without Favre’s arm strength is a bum. Does Sam have that arm strength? No he does not 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 2

4 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

Not going to either. I'll wait to see what I see in 2020, thank you.

Then hold your opinions till then please! We all know your opinion, this op puts up Warner and his feelings about Darnold, you don't even care to watch it, but put up post after post of the same old same old.

11 hours ago, New York Mick said:

50 years of losing does that to a fan base. A lot of fans have zero faith in the organization and have a prove me wrong outlook. 

Except its more of a case of no championships in 50 years.  This org has had some good times, just not enough of them for any of us.  Doesn't explain ripping on your 2nd year highly regarded kid QB 

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, PCP63 said:

I hope Sam makes a big jump this season, just so I can shout from the upper deck:

"WITH THIS GIFT, WE WILL WIN FOURTH PLACE!"

Or maybe jump out the window?  off the roof perhaps?  I think Sam is going to be fine, it was just a perfect spot to bust your ball*.

16 hours ago, Warfish said:

Top 10 Production in Year 3 or just stfu already.

Excuses don't win Super Bowls.

So just to be clear from the negreps to this sentiment, it seems @Bungaman and @Eaton Beaver do NOT want Sam Darnold to produce top-10 production AND they think Excuses DO win Super Bowls and talking (instead of producing) is a good thing.

Appreciate you clarifying your views guys, thanks!  

12 hours ago, Morrissey said:

A gunslinger without Favre’s arm strength is a bum. Does Sam have that arm strength? No he does not 

I agree that Sam can not turn a football into a 50 cal bullet like Favre can do, but Sam's arm strength is more than adequate for the NFL.  Sam is nowhere close to "bum" status.  

12 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Darnold has better accuracy and ability to extend out of the pocket. He also does a better job of throwing off-balance. It’s natural to him whereas to others it isn’t. He may not have Favre’s arm strength but he excels as a gun slinger and improviser in the other areas that call for it.

you don’t need Favre’s arm strength to excel with the same style of QB-ing.

1 hour ago, Patriot Killa said:

Darnold has better accuracy and ability to extend out of the pocket. He also does a better job of throwing off-balance. It’s natural to him whereas to others it isn’t. He may not have Favre’s arm strength but he excels as a gun slinger and improviser in the other areas that call for it.

you don’t need Favre’s arm strength to excel with the same style of QB-ing.

Nobody threw soul crushing, season ending Interceptions harder or with more velocity than Brett Favre. 

Favre was great. In the 90s. He's a benchmark for nothing but Maddens fetishes with the same amount of SBs as Brad Johnson and Trent Dilfer. Enough with Favre. **** him. LOL. 

When Favre was Darnolds age. He was a vicodin addicted jackass putting his tongue in Atlanta strippers buttholes.