Sam Darnold film study.

7 hours ago, Mogglez said:

Pretty good video for those interested in X's and O's.  The guy isn't a Jets fan either which takes some of the bias out of the equation.  It's the lull before FA so I figured it would be good content to post and discuss.

Are we sure this guy isn't a Jets fan?

Because he's making the same points most of us here do when arguing for Darnold. 

I would like to know what this guy's other videos are like. Is he always complimentary? Does he like everybody, or will he get down on players, too? 

That said, I agree with him here. Sam's a good QB on a terrible team. Improve his OL and WRs and it will start to show up in the stats. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Warfish said:

I especially like how you presume my comment was about the video, and not JN posters.

Yes, but this colorful opinion of yours has went from an opinion to your current JN identity so how could we not presume without reason?

as jimmy said.

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Broken record. 

We get it brother. But surely you have some idea that the situation directly affects the QB despite your go-to Darnold phrases holding weight to some degree. (because posters never said you were 100% wrong.) it’s just like..damn we get it lol.

• Upvote 2

I am a Sam fan but there are things he needs to work on for sure.  For example at times he does force things which leads to picks and there are time he can run for a first down and elects to throw it which he needs to stop. HOWEVER it’s very fair to say that he has played behind one of the worst olines in the game in his first two years along with very few weapons.  I don’t care how good of a QB you are you need at least decent protection along with some weapons.  KC is a great example of how to build around your young franchise QB.  Hopefully this offseason the the first step we can do that for Sam

• Upvote 2

Sams habit of throwing off his back foot has been exasperated by the fact that defenders are stepping on his front foot. Ever tried to throw a ball with your feet together side by side? Sam has numerous times 1.5 seconds after receiving the f*cking snap! He's trying his best not to RUN ALL THE TIME, because lets face it, he's constantly having to play OFF SCRIPT. I think he throws sometimes when he should run because he's just excited he's created a lane for himself to try to wing one in there! Not many QBs played behind a line as bad as the Jets last year. 

• Upvote 4

39 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

i posted many times already that Sams expected completion percentage and actual % were middle of the pack...

the whole back foot thing, stepping in the bucket is SAMS THING...   happened at USC all the time...    its a problem.

Outside of the NE game how many back foot picks did Darnold throw? 

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Outside of the NE game how many back foot picks did Darnold throw? 

Why are you excluding the New England game?

Is that how we evaluate QB's now, exclude their worst performances and pretend their best is the whole picture?