Quinnen Williams arrested for gun possession at JFK. (Update: Confirmed)

30 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

The part that can get people confused is that there is a law which allows a person to transport a firearm (unloaded and locked in a case in a vehicle) thru a state where they do not have a permit or license as long as you are allowed to legally own the firearm in the state from where you came from and the state where you are going. Now, even with that, you don't want to stop (ex overnight stay or even flight layover) in a state where you are not licensed. You are just allowed to transport thru legally.

Ex. I have a CT permit and a FL permit. I can drive between those states without risk as long as I obey storage laws. I can only stop in a state that has reciprocity and honors one of those permits.

https://www.law.cornell.edu/uscode/text/18/926A

Tremendous breakdown!!!  I was wondering what the law is, so basically it seems that Williams

didn't store the gun properly

As I say every single time someone "famous" breaks the law, I hope he gets the same exact treatment, and penalty, that John Q. Public would get.

If normal people get X for this, I hope, deeply, that QW gets X for this.

No special treatment for athletes, actors or politicians.

• Upvote 3

Seems to me that if he checked a bag and he didnt use the TSA approved storage device it's one thing but if he tried to get through security with it in a carry on, that is something completely different. There should be no mercy in that case

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Warfish said:

As I say every single time someone "famous" breaks the law, I hope he gets the same exact treatment, and penalty, that John Q. Public would get.

If normal people get X for this, I hope, deeply, that QW gets X for this.

No special treatment for athletes, actors or politicians.

Why do I hear Steven Tyler in the background screaming..."dream on?"?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

I did not compare him to Rae Caruth.  I compare all you who give him a pass to Rae Caruths mom (yes, it's extreme).  This is serious bad behavior.   There is no room for "He is a good boy" commentary. He is a below average player showing NO care for the Jets or his future.  I carry a gun. That's not the issue.  This kid is fat, lazy and shows no responsibility. This kid is Quinten Coples reincarnated @HighPitch

No one is giving him a pass.  But only you used Rae Carruth in the same post, and that was absurd.

You sound like the judge in Caddyshack right now dude.  

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah it is really smart to draft a guy 3rd overall to tie up blockers.

Way overrated player.

Horrible pick.

Disgusting pick from positional value and this teams needs.

Has JD chimed in yet? I’m sure they’ll sugar coat this.....with sprinkles on top.

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No one is giving him a pass.  But only you used Rae Carruth in the same post, and that was absurd.

You sound like the judge in Caddyshack right now dude.  

There is a reason 95 percent of people work for 5 percent of the people.  It is behavior, determination and morals.  You pick your side, I'll pick mine.

4 minutes ago, genot said:

They won't. he's just being a dickhead.

It’s unlikely, but his career is headed toward immediate flameout territory if he doesn’t pick it up. Especially with the Jets depth on the line. Flags were probably apparent during the draft process, but ignored(typical Jets). Williams followed by Polite is looking historically bad.