Quinnen Williams arrested for gun possession at JFK. (Update: Confirmed)

2 hours ago, CTJetsFan said:

There are TSA rules about how to check in firearms and ammunition when boarding a plane

https://www.tsa.gov/travel/security-screening/whatcanibring/firearms

The bigger problem is having his gun in NYC. NYC has no reciprocity with other states to honor their permits/licenses. If he doesn't have a permit for NYC or NJ, that's a problem.

If you have a permit you can fly with the gun with the bolt taken out with checked baggage in the belly of the plane

• Post of the Week 1

18 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

It’s unlikely, but his career is headed toward immediate flameout territory if he doesn’t pick it up. Especially with the Jets depth on the line. Flags were probably apparent during the draft process, but ignored(typical Jets). Williams followed by Polite is looking historically bad. 

No. no. No. Williams had a fantastic combine. Polite was a slouch at the combine. Polite missed meetings as a rookie. Williams never did.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, IndianaJet said:

Gun owners are pussies. When I kill a man, I prefer to stab him in the throat with a knife, this way I can stare into his eyes as the life drains out of him.  

But really....I’m a nice guy!

images.jpg.c4e14de822694f57f4fef2918319a909.jpgMe Too. I like the way you think.

• Haha 2

12 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If we need to get a free agent DT how much would that cost? What would somebody like Leo Williams go for?

Wilkerson should be cheap with his latest arrest.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

If you have a permit you can fly with the gun with the bolt taken out with checked baggage in the belly of the plane

Any firearm (pistol or rifle) has to be checked with baggage. No firearms are allowed in the cabin.

And no, you do not need a permit do to so. Many states do not require a permit for long guns (rifles or shotguns). The person is responsible for knowing the laws in the states they travel to.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, KRL said:

Tremendous breakdown!!!  I was wondering what the law is, so basically it seems that Williams

didn't store the gun properly

Not necessarily KRL.

Yes, it sounds like part of the charge involves the storage while attempting to transport on the plane. The question that is unanswered is whether or not he had a permit/license to be in possession of that handgun in NYC as well. That will be his bigger issue if he didn't. His AL permit does him no good in NYC

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, CTJetsFan said:

Not necessarily KRL.

Yes, it sounds like part of the charge involves the storage while attempting to transport on the plane. The question that is unanswered is whether or not he had a permit/license to be in possession of that handgun in NYC as well. That will be his bigger issue if he didn't. His AL permit does him no good in NYC

Thanks for the correction

• Upvote 1

So as I understand it, adding this on to 2020, the biggest storylines for the Jets this offseason are:

1. What will Darnold look like playing a full season without mono?

2. How much should the Jets pay a receiver that once told a police officer he was going to ejaculate in his wife's eye?

3. Should the Jets extend an elite safety that sh*ts on public school teachers for an exorbitant amount of money?

4. What will Quinnen Williams look like after getting caught at an airport for gun possession?

The craziest part is all of this feels completely normal. Like if it was a incident-free offseason where the Jets didn't make headlines for absurdly weird sh*t and just got better, that would feel legitimately odd.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

4 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

So as I understand it, adding this on to 2020, the biggest storylines for the Jets this offseason are:

1. What will Darnold look like playing a full season without mono?

2. How much should the Jets pay a receiver that once told a police officer he was going to ejaculate in his wife's eye?

3. Should the Jets extend an elite safety that sh*ts on public school teachers for an exorbitant amount of money?

4. What will Quinnen Williams look like after getting caught at an airport for gun possession?

The craziest part is all of this feels completely normal. Like if it was a incident-free offseason where the Jets didn't make headlines for absurdly weird sh*t and just got better, that would feel legitimately odd.

tune in next week to find out - same bat time, same bat channel!

7 hours ago, HawkeyeJet said:

There are plenty of very good, even great, professional athletes players that are not bright.  And plenty of very bright ones who aren't very good.

So no, I don't think they go hand in hand.  Do you?

Well, here's my take: I don't own a gun, but am all for anybody owning one at home. AT HOME. 

But I am 100% not enamored with any 22-year old player living in NY/NJ who feels he needs to travel with a hand gun, that's complete stupidity. I emphatically will state that such a player is focusing on the wrong things - you're a kid with a multi-million contract but needs a gun here? Why? Is he worried about getting robbed at nightclubs? No other way to describe it but as a complete horsesh*t kind of mindset; if he's even taking any advice at all, he's taking it from the wrong people.

And now - I'm not as surprised by his underwhelming rookie year. I am bummed out to say that my view of him went from mildly disappointed to thoroughly disgusted. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

It’s unlikely, but his career is headed toward immediate flameout territory if he doesn’t pick it up. Especially with the Jets depth on the line. Flags were probably apparent during the draft process, but ignored(typical Jets). Williams followed by Polite is looking historically bad. 

Kenrick Ellis Lite

• Upvote 1

57 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So I guess QW just got confused with having to check the gun into the belly of the plane and instead checked it into his belly. That explains everything. 

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, genot said:

No. no. No. Williams had a fantastic combine. Polite was a slouch at the combine. Polite missed meetings as a rookie. Williams never did.

What did he do at the combine to make you think this???? He ran a decent 40 for a DT? When's the last time you saw a DT run 40 yards in an NFL game? Richardson vs the Vikings 6 years ago? Gimme a break, he had a 30 inch vert and mediocre broad jump. Awful pick, let me repeat it for the people who for whatever reason can't see it....QUINNEN WILLIAMS WAS AN AWFUL PICK MADE BY AN AWFUL GM.

• Upvote 2

Mac.  The gift that keeps on giving.  

It was a tough road, and he had to climb over some pretty impressive failures, including players, coaches, and executives, but Mac now sits firmly and comfortably atop my 45+ year old list of most despised people within the Jets organization.

I hope he reads this. 

Carry on.   

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

What did he do at the combine to make you think this???? He ran a decent 40 for a DT? When's the last time you saw a DT run 40 yards in an NFL game? Richardson vs the Vikings 6 years ago? Gimme a break, he had a 30 inch vert and mediocre broad jump. Awful pick, let me repeat it for the people who for whatever reason can't see it....QUINNEN WILLIAMS WAS AN AWFUL PICK MADE BY AN AWFUL GM.

Just ridiculous.https://fansided.com/2019/03/04/quinnen-williams-nfl-combine/

• I said this months ago, and I feel like I have said scores of times after that-Mac gets re-fired almost every day.  He did absolutely zero aptitude evaluation of his players.  
  • Look at Herndon.  Looked great.  He decided to drive drunk at 80 mph on Route 80, and got into an accident and almost killed someone.   He got suspended and obviously did not work out, and got immediately hurt . He is a knucklehead. 
  • Polite?  Enough said.  The entire NFL figured him out, other than Mac. 

I would just not be optimistic about this season.  Bad schedule and a very deep personnel hole.  That is why I thought we should start over at QB.  

5 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

Mac.  The gift that keeps on giving.  

It was a tough road, and he had to climb over some pretty impressive failures, including players, coaches, and executives, but Mac now sits firmly and comfortably atop my 45+ year old list of most despised people within the Jets organization.

I hope he reads this. 

Carry on.   

Mac should have known that he'd carry a gun to a NYC airport. Please.

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, genot said:

I think with any sort of effort during the interview process the Jets could have easily flagged the jump from Alabama to the NFL, especially going to NY would be a lot to handle for a kid who clearly hasn’t matured yet. Add on giving him millions of dollars, you get a total wash of a rookie season and now a gun charge. Just totally avoidable with some due diligence. The Jets have taken Milliner, Stewart and now Williams from Bama- all with clear maturity issues and we’re flameouts with Williams looking like the potential next one. Saban flat out said all you had to do was ask him. The Jets seemingly never did.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, varjet said:
  • I said this months ago, and I feel like I have said scores of times after that-Mac gets re-fired almost every day.  He did absolutely zero aptitude evaluation of his players.  
  • Look at Herndon.  Looked great.  He decided to drive drunk at 80 mph on Route 80, and got into an accident and almost killed someone.   He got suspended and obviously did not work out, and got immediately hurt . He is a knucklehead. 
  • Polite?  Enough said.  The entire NFL figured him out, other than Mac. 

I would just not be optimistic about this season.  Bad schedule and a very deep personnel hole.  That is why I thought we should start over at QB.  

Herndon's career is over. Let's draft a TE.

6 minutes ago, MindOverMatter said:

Quinnen was a prime example of the analytics falacy.  

He played on a stacked team and overwhelmed a bunch of OG who are now repo men in rural Georgia.  

Quinnen has created a new drafting criteria for me.   At least in the first three rounds, you have to look the part.  No more fat slobs with premium picks.  Ok-maybe first two round-Orlando Brown made the Pro Bowl last year.  I think this could affect where Andrew Thomas gets drafted.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, genot said:

And he’s never missed a meal. QW is a bust. Not impressed with combine numbers. Those things often don’t translate into talent. When I saw how ineffective he was in the College Football Championship game, I immediately knew this guy was overhyped and would be nothing more than an average DL, if that. Well now we see he’s below average in a lot of things like effin common sense. Void his contract, cut him loose and let him go stick up a McDonalds when he’s released. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I think with any sort of effort during the interview process the Jets could have easily flagged the jump from Alabama to the NFL, especially going to NY would be a lot to handle for a kid who clearly hasn’t matured yet. Add on giving him millions of dollars, you get a total wash of a rookie season and now a gun charge. Just totally available with the due diligence. The Jets have taken Milliner, Stewart and now Williams from Bama- all with clear maturity issues and we’re flameouts with Williams looking like the potential next one. 

He was a consensus top 5 pick. The vast majority of scouts had him right behind Bosa as the best defensive player in the draft. His career isn't over. it's just starting.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, genot said:

Mac should have known that he'd carry a gun to a NYC airport. Please.

Intelligence, awareness, maturity, judgement, etc.... are just a few of the other "measurables" that should be considered in addition to talent before picking a player to play on your team and in your city.  I think Mac failed on every count in this particular instance. This was a horrible pick any way you choose to measure it.  An all time bad pick.  

This guy is a big fat bust and will not even make it to the end of his rookie contact on this team.  Book it.  Harsh?  Maybe.  True? Probably. 

1 minute ago, varjet said:

Quinnen was a prime example of the analytics falacy.  

He played on a stacked team and overwhelmed a bunch of OG who are now repo men in rural Georgia.  

Quinnen has created a new drafting criteria for me.   At least in the first three rounds, you have to look the part.  No more fat slobs with premium picks.  Ok-maybe first two round-Orlando Brown made the Pro Bowl last year.  I think this could affect where Andrew Thomas gets drafted.  

I don't disagree. Look the park, act the part. I assume they interview these kids???  Gholsten LOOKED the part so it aint fool proof but I have hired many young CPA's and got my interview questions to a science to see who had ambition or who grew up in a house where bad behavior was forgiven, overlooked etc.   

5 minutes ago, genot said:

Those big numbers really showed up on the field. Look, he's a Jet so i root for him, but he was legit the one player i despised us picking @ 3. And of course they took him, now he underperforms, still looks out of shape and now this whole gun situation. Oliver, Allen, trade back, literally anything else would have been the wiser choice. 6th DT in the 1st round in the past decade and people still defend it. That is the ridiculous part, imo.

• Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

He isn't smart enough to own a gun. The pussy face needs a gun because he's a coward like most who need to be armed 24/7. 

5 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I never said that, straw man.

I asked,

"All gun owners are cowards?

LOL" 

Because that's exactly what you posted.  Hes a pussy and a coward.  

Instead of calling people straw men, just say you didn't mean it that way.  

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, genot said:

He was a consensus top 5 pick. The vast majority of scouts had him right behind Bosa as the best defensive player in the draft. His career isn't over. it's just starting.

Yes it’s starting to be over.

1 minute ago, MindOverMatter said:

Those big numbers really showed up on the field. Look, he's a Jet so i root for him, but he was legit the one player i despised us picking @ 3. And of course they took him, now he underperforms, still looks out of shape and now this whole gun situation. Oliver, Allen, trade back, literally anything else would have been the wiser choice. 6th DT in the 1st round in the past decade and people still defend it. That is the ridiculous part, imo.

His career isn't over yet.