Quinnen Williams arrested for gun possession at JFK. (Update: Confirmed)

1 minute ago, Rhg1084 said:

How severe is this? Will he be looking at jail time a la Plaxico? Or just a 4 game suspension 

He has a clean record and it was a non-violent offense so.... hopefully just a suspension.

• WTF? 1

If you ask me we can put up an image of Joe Douglas alongside that of McCagnan in this thread.  He had his big chance to correct this error and get a package of picks to help rebuild the team.  He didn't act.

According to ESPN's Adam Schefter

"At least one team kept coming at the Jets, refusing to take no for an answer and offering a blockbuster package of picks that it thought New York could not turn down, according to sources. But no matter how many times that team and others called, New York refused to budge on Williams."

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 4
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

in bama nut.

Listen, I'm no expert on guns, but half my neighbors and the guys I golf with have conceal carry permits. They know full well it's a SC permit, not nation wide. Especially in a state like NY.

Ignorance is no excuse either, these things are covered and explained during the certification process.

Wasnt he ttrying to get on a plane with it?  That's next level stupid 

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, CTM said:

Wasnt he ttrying to get on a plane with it?  That's next level stupid 

Who knows though? It could've been in his luggage. Not that that makes it any smarter to have it with him...

Plus if you think about it, this isn't the first time he carried over state lines. A gun licensed in Alabama doesn't magically appear in NY, does it?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

52 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Maybe he’s just a gun owner and wanted to do the thing where you can fly your gun  with you as you travel and didn’t know what to do and was being dumb? That’s what I’m hoping happened. 

Unfortunately the draconian NY penal code doesn't have a special lighter subsection for dummies

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

30 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

He really gata'd up.

28 minutes ago, CTM said:

He's gata be smarter than this

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

He'll gata his future up if he doesn't

Jeez. You guys are relentless...

(How sad is it that I get these jokes?)

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 3

Quinnen Williams

There are several reports saying that Quinnen Williams was arrested for trying to board a plane with a gun. See the tweets below for more information. The gun laws are certainly very different in New York than they are in Alabama. That being said there is absolutely no excuse for this and Quinnen could now face discipline by the league.

There will be more information on Quinnen Williams arrest in our forums.

The @nyjets player is now being processed by the Port Authority Police Department. The matter will then be handed over to the Queens District Attorney's Office.

— Morena Basteiro (@morenabasteiro) March 6, 2020

Oh boy.

At approximately 9:15pm, #Jets DE Quinnen Williams was trying to board his flight at LaGuardia Airport when he was arrested for Criminal Possession of a Weapon (his permit is in Alabama). He’s currently being processed by PAPD, the PAPD tells @TheAthleticNYC

— Connor Hughes (@Connor_J_Hughes) March 6, 2020

Port Authority police have clarified that Quinnen Williams was arrested for carrying a Glock 19 pistol. It's unclear whether the handgun was loaded. More here: https://t.co/tNqtAcKWGY

— Darryl Slater (@DarrylSlater) March 6, 2020

The post Report: Quinnen Williams Arrested at Airport (Gun Possession) appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
YnC177eBias

Click here to read the full story...

10 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

3rd degree criminal possession of a firearm is a 2 year minimum in NYC.  Not a mandatory minimum, but if they sent Plaxico to prison maybe they could send him too.

Plaxico fired it in a night club and the license (from Florida) was expired.  Totally different scenarios.

We also don't know if Quinnen's weapon was loaded.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, jetscrazey said:

3rd degree criminal possession of a firearm is a 2 year minimum in NYC.  Not a mandatory minimum, but if they sent Plaxico to prison maybe they could send him too.

I wonder how this will play out. Plax was the obvious connection, but his gun actually went off (in his pants, lol) and I don't know if he had any priors on his record.

Someone sad here QW has a clean record, but a gun in an airport isn't a trivial thing. They can't let him skate because he plays for the Jets, that wouldn't be a consideration, I'd think.

That said, I'm sure this has happened quite a few times, where someone is arrested in an airport carrying a gun licensed in another state.

Is there a way to find out how far they go with sentencing?

59 minutes ago, King P said:

Randy Orton Reaction GIF by WWE

Jeez, how ******* stupid can you be to carry a gun around in NYC ??‍♂️

What’s the law now in NYC for carrying a gun? Used to be mandatory prison time regardless of who you are or even if you’ve never had a previous record. What a dope.

• Upvote 3

3 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

I wonder how this will play out. Plax was the obvious connection, but his gun actually went off (in his pants, lol) and I don't know if he had any priors on his record.

Someone sad here QW has a clean record, but a gun in an airport isn't a trivial thing. They can't let him skate because he plays for the Jets, that wouldn't be a consideration, I'd think.

That said, I'm sure this has happened quite a few times, where someone is arrested in an airport carrying a gun licensed in another state.

Is there a way to find out how far they go with sentencing?

My honest guess is that he pleads down to a misdemeanor charge and pays a fine of $5000.

• Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

in bama nut.

Listen, I'm no expert on guns, but half my neighbors and the guys I golf with have conceal carry permits. They know full well it's a SC permit, not nation wide. Especially in a state like NY.

Ignorance is no excuse either, these things are covered and explained during the certification process.

Dude gonna get Plexico'd unless Cuomo pardons him, like Christie did for the woman in NJ a couple yrs ago.  

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/news/new_jersey/20150403_Christie_pardons_Phila__mom_snagged_by_N_J__gun_law.html

46 minutes ago, Rhg1084 said:

How severe is this? Will he be looking at jail time a la Plaxico? Or just a 4 game suspension 

Gotta see how he is charged.  Fed charges, because it was an airport (have to serve 85%) or NYC/Port Authority charges, 2yr mandatory minimum, like Plex.

6 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

Plaxico fired it in a night club and the license (from Florida) was expired.  Totally different scenarios.

Irrelevant. No F’n guns allowed in NY. Period. 

• Upvote 2

9 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

We shouldn't start trying to compare cases here, or make believe we know what the state will do.

Plaxico's gun went off in his pants(lol) in a stairwell of a club. I'm not sure that's worse then getting caught with a gun in an airport, even if it is licensed in another state.

Don't get me wrong here, I don't think QW is a thug, but this isn't trivial. Him playing for the Jets might actually hurt him more then help him here. It's not a good look for the State to look away because he's well known.

• Upvote 2