Jump to content
Mogglez

Quinnen Williams arrested for gun possession at JFK. (Update: Confirmed)

Recommended Posts

Maybe he thought the gun would protect him from the coronavirus


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

From 2013.  Not every case is the same and the law might be different now, but kinda similar and he wasn't suspended any games I don't think by the NFL:

Gun charges against Da'Quan Bowers reduced

Mike Garafolo, USA TODAY Sports
 
 
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da'Quan Bowers against the Philadelphia Eagles prior to the game at Raymond James Stadium in December.
 

Though the law in New York can be strict when it comes to gun possession, Da'Quan Bowers found out Thursday there is sometimes room for leniency.

A judge dropped charges of felony second-degree possession of a weapon against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' defensive end to a charge of disorderly conduct, a violation that carries no jail time or probation, Bowers' lawyer Dennis Coppin told USA TODAY Sports.

Bowers paid a $250 fine and $120 surcharge. The case is "sealed upon payment" and there will be no further penalties for the former second-round pick, Coppin said.

Shortly after the decision was tweeted by USA TODAY Sports on Thursday, Bowers tweeted: "I appreciate my LOYAL fans. I see and read each and every tweet yours are appreciated!"

Bowers was arrested in February when he alerted LaGuardia Airport employees he had a gun in his bag while checking in for a flight out of New York. Bowers received the same charges as Plaxico Burress, who accidentally discharged his gun in a Manhattan night club and served nearly two years in prison.

Apparently, the Queens District Attorney's office saw Bowers' handling of his situation much differently.

"(Da'Quan is) very happy, and honestly the Queens County District Attorney's office investigated the case thoroughly and he was honest when he had the gun," Coppin said. "He turned it over to the first gate agent he saw. He did the right thing, and they did the right thing in their investigation."

 

FWIW, he was not suspended by the NFL for this situation.  Although he did get popped for PEDs earlier 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, maury77 said:

Maybe he thought the gun would protect him from the coronavirus


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Girl sitting next to me right now is just back from Italy. Might hit her with my car and play it off as an accident to be safe.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

MAC IS THE MAN!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You cannot be this ******* stupid. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This is old news. Pretty sure he was locked up all of last year. 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Ghost said:

You cannot be this ******* stupid. 

I mean he’s had the deer in headlights look since he’s gotten here. He’s from small town Alabama like Milliner was and both were just not even remotely ready to be professional football players. Maccagnan was such an epic disaster.

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I mean he’s had the deer in headlights look since he’s gotten here. He’s from small town Alabama like Milliner was and were just not even remotely ready to be professional football players. Maccagnan was such an epic disaster.

Funny no one seems very keen to hire him. His resume gets worse by the day..

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, for QW, TSA is sort of no different than an offensive line?

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, King P said:

Randy Orton Reaction GIF by WWE

Jeez, how ******* stupid can you be to carry a gun around in NYC 🤦🏽‍♂️

And if the jets do not cover the subject of gun laws in NY and NJ with draftees and free agent signees, they are stupider than we thought. For now, I will presume they do and that Q is as dumb as a box of rocks.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

 

Only problem is that when you take your conceal classes they tell you what states you can carry in.

Some states are a lot more strict than others.

For example, my Illinois conceal permit is legal in almost every state east of Kansas except Florida and NY.

But someone from Wisconsin cannot legal carry in Illinois even though I can carry there. 

 

It's all explained to you, not to mention airports are next level security and you should research before going there.

It was a VERY stupid move especially by someone that has a permit and took the class.

 

 

 

* Although they might not have to take classes in Bama. 

 

Let’s face it.  Very few of these guys were valedictorians.

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Meh I’m ok with this. (1) a 22 year old goofball doesn’t require a gun in nyc or anywhere, (2) this will essentially be a wash as his absence will have an almost negligible impact on the Jets season (3) raise awareness for gun laws in nyc so less people stupidly walk around with them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The reports say "trying to board an airplane", but that could be sensationalized. Do we have clarity on what that means exactly?

Was he trying to check it at the counter in some kind of travel case and just didn't have a NY permit?

Or did he try and go through the detector with it concealed / just toss it in one of those bins like it was a cell phone

Seems to me there's varying levels of dumb here.

 

  • Upvote 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TokyoJetsFan said:

From 2013.  Not every case is the same and the law might be different now, but kinda similar and he wasn't suspended any games I don't think by the NFL:

Gun charges against Da'Quan Bowers reduced

Mike Garafolo, USA TODAY Sports
 
 
Tampa Bay Buccaneers defensive end Da'Quan Bowers against the Philadelphia Eagles prior to the game at Raymond James Stadium in December.
 

Though the law in New York can be strict when it comes to gun possession, Da'Quan Bowers found out Thursday there is sometimes room for leniency.

A judge dropped charges of felony second-degree possession of a weapon against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers' defensive end to a charge of disorderly conduct, a violation that carries no jail time or probation, Bowers' lawyer Dennis Coppin told USA TODAY Sports.

Bowers paid a $250 fine and $120 surcharge. The case is "sealed upon payment" and there will be no further penalties for the former second-round pick, Coppin said.

Shortly after the decision was tweeted by USA TODAY Sports on Thursday, Bowers tweeted: "I appreciate my LOYAL fans. I see and read each and every tweet yours are appreciated!"

Bowers was arrested in February when he alerted LaGuardia Airport employees he had a gun in his bag while checking in for a flight out of New York. Bowers received the same charges as Plaxico Burress, who accidentally discharged his gun in a Manhattan night club and served nearly two years in prison.

Apparently, the Queens District Attorney's office saw Bowers' handling of his situation much differently.

"(Da'Quan is) very happy, and honestly the Queens County District Attorney's office investigated the case thoroughly and he was honest when he had the gun," Coppin said. "He turned it over to the first gate agent he saw. He did the right thing, and they did the right thing in their investigation."

 

Wow, some teams have loyal fans who appreciate players and don't immediately throw them under the bus or want to cut them from the team! People make mistakes, however unfortunate or ignorant but can we wait for the entire story to be told before we tar and feather anyone?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

Meh I’m ok with this. (1) a 22 year old goofball doesn’t require a gun in nyc or anywhere, (2) this will essentially be a wash as his absence will have an almost negligible impact on the Jets season (3) raise awareness for gun laws in nyc so less people stupidly walk around with them.

Seriously giving up on him already?

I'm pretty low on the guy, so I kinda get it, but not ready to call him a complete waste just yet.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, DLJ said:

All this idiot had to do was check his gun in case and declare it to TSA.

This idiot tried to carry a gun through security.

If you dont have an NYC license, they arrest you when you try to check it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

“I’m gonna try and sneak this gun on to that plane” has never been a fleeting thought in a lifetime of stupid thoughts I’ve had. It’s almost impressive in the scope of the stupidity It would require to perform this act.

  • Upvote 3
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

“I’m gonna try and sneak this gun on to that plane” has never been a fleeting thought in a lifetime of stupid thoughts I’ve had. It’s almost impressive in the scope of the stupidity It would require to perform this act.

how about edibles lol

  • Haha 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, T0mShane said:

“I’m gonna try and sneak this gun on to that plane” has never been a fleeting thought in a lifetime of stupid thoughts I’ve had. It’s almost impressive in the scope of the stupidity It would require to perform this act.

The excuse always is "I forgot I had it in my luggage".

And exactly how do you forget where you have any firearm? Those are exactly the people that should not be allowed to carry.

  • Upvote 2
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

in my experience most arrests at airports are due to the passenger improperly declaring or securing the weapon.  most jobs like this are due to that, not attempting to board an aircraft with a weapon.  i'm never shocked if it is the opposite though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, CTM said:

Seriously giving up on him already?

I'm pretty low on the guy, so I kinda get it, but not ready to call him a complete waste just yet.

I hated him as a prospect almost as much as I hated Gase as a candidate. Of course we get both. 

Not ready to give up on him yet, but I don’t believe he’ll be anything more than a low-level rotational player for us next season, so yea, essentially it’s a wash. If he showed progress in the weight room and in practices and as he grew up a little more, I think he might turn into an overpaid solid role player, but that’s years 3 and 4, similar to Leo. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Everybody and their mother knows about the insanity of nyc guns.  Douglas had a chance to trade this guy, now I’m questioning Joe D.  

  • Thumb Down 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any word on whether it was loaded? If it’s not loaded he’s probably just going to get a misd with a fine. If it is loaded, he’s in bad shape.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This seems to be a bad error in judgement on Williams part, and an overreaction by us fans.  Both can be true.  I'm sure the fact that he was a large disappointment on the field this year is fueling a bit of this outrage.

Q: Do you think complete idiocy and clear underperformance are mutually exclusive - or do these things go hand in hand? 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, jetlaw said:

Any word on whether it was loaded? If it’s not loaded he’s probably just going to get a misd with a fine. If it is loaded, he’s in bad shape.


Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

NYC considers a weapon loaded if the ammo is in the vicinity.  Like empty gun, empty magazine and a box of ammo locked in a case, then it is loaded.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks, Mike!

Williams did not play goalline packages regularly. For a 1st round DT pick, that's disgraceful. You could sign Snacks today to fill his role for a fraction of what this dolt makes. 

In addition to this guy not being Hali Ngata nor Arnold Donald on Day 1(he wasn't, in fact he was barely average), he's clearly dumber than a box of rocks. 

 

Again, thanks, Mike!

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This seems to be a bad error in judgement on Williams part, and an overreaction by us fans.  Both can be true.  I'm sure the fact that he was a large disappointment on the field this year is fueling a bit of this outrage.

Bingo!!!

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, greenwichjetfan said:

I hated him as a prospect almost as much as I hated Gase as a candidate. Of course we get both. 

Not ready to give up on him yet, but I don’t believe he’ll be anything more than a low-level rotational player for us next season, so yea, essentially it’s a wash. If he showed progress in the weight room and in practices and as he grew up a little more, I think he might turn into an overpaid solid role player, but that’s years 3 and 4, similar to Leo. 

I hated the pick too but he had good technique and a decent bit more athleticism than Leo to start with and doesn't appear to have been a gym rat. It seems like the upside arguments have some merit here

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...