Quinnen Williams arrested for gun possession at JFK. (Update: Confirmed)

19 minutes ago, sackdance said:

Q: Do you think complete idiocy and clear underperformance are mutually exclusive - or do these things go hand in hand? 

There are plenty of very good, even great, professional athletes players that are not bright.  And plenty of very bright ones who aren't very good.

So no, I don't think they go hand in hand.  Do you?

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Will probably be arraigned in Queens Criminal Court on Queens Blvd sometime today, if he wasn't cut loose with a Desk Appearance Ticket for a later court date ina  few months. Not long ago, the DAT would have been unthinkable on a CPW3, but lately everybody gets DATed. 

46 minutes ago, BCJet said:

Character?  Wow the internet assasins are really out today.  

This is beyond dumb by Q, but hes by all accounts a good kid and god forbid someone grew up in a state where there are guns.  Just because people in the tri state area didnt have a gun at 22 doesnt mean that tons of people in other parts of the country grow up with guns from a young age.

Dumb mistake but take it easy on the kids character

Bullshlt.   No "good kid"   carries a gun in NYC. Tell me he didn't know?  Jeez...  

I can not believe the level of acceptability that exists in this world for inappropriate behavior.  

This kid has shown NO desire to be a decent NFL player, now the gun.

CUT HIM.  He is a POS.  But then again, I said this about Wilkerson, Richardson and Leo.

Yet plenty of homers were bragging how great they were, double teamed etc.

You sound like Rae Caruth's mom on the courthouse steps saying here son was "a good boy".

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 8
  • WTF? 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

The reports say "trying to board an airplane", but that could be sensationalized. Do we have clarity on what that means exactly?

Was he trying to check it at the counter in some kind of travel case and just didn't have a NY permit?

Or did he try and go through the detector with it concealed / just toss it in one of those bins like it was a cell phone

Seems to me there's varying levels of dumb here.

Boarding a plane means he tried to go through TSA with it in his carry on

He had to declare it with the airline and check it if he wanted to fly with it. Alabama permit or not you can’t take a firearm with you in your checked bagged anywhere

• Upvote 1

It certainly sounds dumb, but is there any point in letting the actual facts of the case develop and be known before we cut him?  Put another way, is this worse than a DUI, which occurs way too many times, not just in the NFL but everywhere.  

The difference is when it happens in places like, say Texas, they handle it a little differently:

Cowboy’s Rookie of the Year Dak Prescott had a rocky start to his NFL debut. Prior to the 2016 training camp, the fourth round draft pick was driving 41 mph in a 25 mph zone. Police charged him with drinking and driving, but the charges didn’t stick. Prescott was acquitted when the breathalyzer test was declared an “invalid sample” and a second was an “insufficient sample.”

This isn't Pacman Jones just yet.  And he's not Vernon Gholston yet either.  Let's take a beat and see where it goes.  Maybe a little wake-up call like this could be the spark that gets this kid motivated to play hard.  Maybe not but throwing in the towel on him because of this feels a bit hasty.

2 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Given DiBlasio’s bail reform he won’t spend a day in jail. More than likely he’ll go to court today and get a ticket to appear at a later date

Umm...you forget he's a NE fan.  30 years hard time.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Maybe he’s just a gun owner and wanted to do the thing where you can fly your gun  with you as you travel and didn’t know what to do and was being dumb? That’s what I’m hoping happened. 

i guess there's still some murkiness about what happened but it is in NYC and the gun laws there are ridiculous.  the fact that the gun was registered in alabama isn't going to carry any weight.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i guess there's still some murkiness about what happened but it is in NYC and the gun laws there are ridiculous.  the fact that the gun was registered in alabama isn't going to carry any weight.

He better pray that it wasn't loaded.  I don't think the law will be bent. 

The two basic charges are possession of a loaded handgun or possession of an unloaded handgun. In New York, even the possession of an unloaded operable handgun is a felony charge. Possession of a loaded handgun in New York has a minimum sentence of 3.5 years in prison. If you’re convicted of a loaded handgun in New York, you’re going to be sentenced to a minimum of 3.5 years in the state prison with a very small amount (about 1/7th of your time) reduced for good behavior. Other than that, you’re going to do the full sentence. So it’s an extremely serious charge.

I remember there was an article in the Athletic by a Premier League team owner taking about the types of things he had to tell his players.  "Don't get blackmailed by your baby mama.  Don't go to orgies.  No I wont loan you a million till pay day."  CJ's going fo have the "don't carry a handgun on a major airline" heart to hear chat with Q.  You know.  It happens.  

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

in bama nut.

Listen, I'm no expert on guns, but half my neighbors and the guys I golf with have conceal carry permits. They know full well it's a SC permit, not nation wide. Especially in a state like NY.

Ignorance is no excuse either, these things are covered and explained during the certification process.

Same with me, I don't own so not an expert in any way.  I knew it was in bama.  

I assume and hope it was just a stupid mistake

Is there a way we can contact Mccagnan to let him know how pathetic of a football mind he was? If you want to really get pissed, watch his interview explaining the Q.Williams selection on YouTube. I don't hate many things, but Mccagnan can go f*kk himself.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, jetscrazey said:

3rd degree criminal possession of a firearm is a 2 year minimum in NYC.  Not a mandatory minimum, but if they sent Plaxico to prison maybe they could send him too.

Maybe the Jets can get some of the money back from QW that he's currently stealing.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, nico002 said:

Are you idiots really freaking out about this?

Third pick in the draft who had an embarrassing rookie season decides to try and board a plane with a gun. His career is on the clock, especially considering the depth the Jets have on the d-line. Suspension is coming and there may not be a roster spot by the time he gets back. Just an awful pick and a killer blow considering the resource used to select him.

• Upvote 2