Quinnen Williams arrested for gun possession at JFK. (Update: Confirmed)

1 hour ago, HawkeyeJet said:

This seems to be a bad error in judgement on Williams part, and an overreaction by us fans.  Both can be true.  I'm sure the fact that he was a large disappointment on the field this year is fueling a bit of this outrage.

the problem is that after his horrendous rookie season, this is what he's doing in his spare time.  darnold is working out in cali with josh allen and joe burrow

• Upvote 2

9 hours ago, New York Mick said:

How dumb are you to carry a gun into an airport especially one in NY. 

I used to carry a WW2 mauser .25 through jfk and lga all the time back in the 80s when I drove a cab. I was young and somewhat dumb but I sure wasnt going to be a victim

6 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

If we need to get a free agent DT how much would that cost? What would somebody like Leo Williams go for?

6 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

I'd rather offer Snacks a cheap 2yr deal.

Or, crazy thought, just roll with the 57 DT's we already have on the roster?

• Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Here comes Jet Nut to stumble in here and explain how this is actually good!

And 80 to follow may post up with something pulled out of his ass.

Find where Im remotely trying to condone what he did as opposed to quoting you know, quoting a fact, trying to answer someones question.

Stick to your over the top criticism and crazy talk about 4 game minimum suspensions.  

8 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

in bama nut.

Listen, I'm no expert on guns, but half my neighbors and the guys I golf with have conceal carry permits. They know full well it's a SC permit, not nation wide. Especially in a state like NY.

Ignorance is no excuse either, these things are covered and explained during the certification process.

thats not true. there is reciprocity between states. an AL license to carry is honored in maybe 25 other states, probably more. Of course, DUMB NY is not one of them. In NY you have a duty and an obligation to be attacked, get your face smashed in until your nose crushed before you have a right to defend yourself without fear of charges.

• Upvote 6
  • Thumb Down 2
  • WTF? 1

56 minutes ago, DLJ said:

Boarding a plane means he tried to go through TSA with it in his carry on

He had to declare it with the airline and check it if he wanted to fly with it. Alabama permit or not you can’t take a firearm with you in your checked bagged anywhere

I'm just saying are we sure the soundbyte is accutarate ?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTM said:

I hated the pick too but he had good technique and a decent bit more athleticism than Leo to start with and doesn't appear to have been a gym rat. It seems like the upside arguments have some merit here

More upside than Leo for sure.  Leo's SPARQ score was in the 47th percentile among NFL DT's.  QW's was in the 83rd percentile.

But for comparison, Ed Oliver's was in the 99th percentile, rivaling Aaron Donald.

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

More upside than Leo for sure.  Leo's SPARQ score was in the 47th percentile among NFL DT's.  QW's was in the 83rd percentile.

But for comparison, Ed Oliver's was in the 99th percentile, rivaling Aaron Donald.

Yes I'm well aware. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Bullshlt.   No "good kid"   carries a gun in NYC. Tell me he didn't know?  Jeez...  

I can not believe the level of acceptability that exists in this world for inappropriate behavior.  

This kid has shown NO desire to be a decent NFL player, now the gun.

CUT HIM.  He is a POS.  But then again, I said this about Wilkerson, Richardson and Leo.

Yet plenty of homers were bragging how great they were, double teamed etc.

You sound like Rae Caruth's mom on the courthouse steps saying here son was "a good boy".

I don't rip on the kid for being a licensed gun owner.  He's an idiot, but he doesn't seem like a bad kid.  I could be wrong. 

But to compare him to Rae Carruth?  Come on now.  I hope you were being facetious here.  You live n North Carolina.  If being a licensed gun owner were a pre-requisite for being a bad person, you'd hate a lot of people you come into contact with regularly.  

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, 14 in Green said:

You have no idea how many people are licensed to carry guns down south. I'd be willing to bet QW is licensed in Alabama, but that's no excuse for carrying in NY.

When you apply in a certain state, they explain very clearly when and where you can carry and when you cannot(drinking for example). They stressto you your license isn't valid in other states. Also, everyone who has a gun license and isn't aware of NYs gun laws, especially having lived here as QW has, is a total moron.

Yeppers.  No other state's gun licence is valid in NY or NJ... 

45 minutes ago, HighPitch said:

I used to carry a WW2 mauser .25 through jfk and lga all the time back in the 80s when I drove a cab. I was young and somewhat dumb but I sure wasnt going to be a victim

Did you try to board an L-1011 with it?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Bullshlt.   No "good kid"   carries a gun in NYC. Tell me he didn't know?  Jeez...  

I can not believe the level of acceptability that exists in this world for inappropriate behavior.  

This kid has shown NO desire to be a decent NFL player, now the gun.

CUT HIM.  He is a POS.  But then again, I said this about Wilkerson, Richardson and Leo.

Yet plenty of homers were bragging how great they were, double teamed etc.

You sound like Rae Caruth's mom on the courthouse steps saying here son was "a good boy".

Bro, this is THE WORST TAKE I have ever read on this board. 

Go clutch your Pearls elsewhere. Wow. 

He ****ed up, hes a total moron, and hes going to get suspended....but Rae Carruth? Really? Get a grip . 

I'm currently armed in compliance with my CCW permit. Am I Rae Carruth as well? GTFO.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Did all the people judging QW, grow up, living as a hermit. He;s 21 yrs old. What he did was surely dumb, and illegal. Did all the moralists here ever do anything stupid, or done something that was possibly illegal, or negatively affected someone else's live. If you did, then please STFU.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, genot said:

Did all the people judging QW, grow up, living as a hermit. He;s 21 yrs old. What he did was surely dumb, and illegal. Did all the moralists here ever do anything stupid, or done something that was possibly illegal, or negatively affected someone else's live. If you did, then please STFU.

I can honestly say I never did anything that would cost me a $10,000 fine or more, + potential jailtime.  So, yes, I was smarter than QW at the age of 21.