Quinnen Williams arrested for gun possession at JFK. (Update: Confirmed)

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

I can honestly say I never did anything that would cost me a $10,000 fine or more, + potential jailtime.  So, yes, I was smarter than QW at the age of 21.  

Good for you. A lot of people have though.  I posted a story about Ryan griffin some years ago, getting arrested. It happens. Im willing to bet that more than half the coaches in the league have been through the legal system at least once.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Samtorobby47 said:

The only disturbing part is how stupid he comes off from this situation. 

Doesnt make him a bust. Calm down. 

Hes definitely another Macc bust. He showed absolutely nothing last year. He had 1 tackle or less in 7 out of the 13 games he started. We could literally cut him and his production could be replaced by an undrafted free agent. Total waste of the 3rd overall pick.

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Bro, this is THE WORST TAKE I have ever read on this board. 

Go clutch your Pearls elsewhere. Wow. 

He ****ed up, hes a total moron, and hes going to get suspended....but Rae Carruth? Really? Get a grip . 

I'm currently armed in compliance with my CCW permit. Am I Rae Carruth as well? GTFO.

Good post. That's the kind of over the top stuff that makes me wanna turn my computer off.

4 minutes ago, genot said:

Good for you. A lot of people have though.  I posted a story about Ryan griffin some years ago, getting arrested. It happens. Im willing to bet that more than half the coaches in the league have been through the legal system at least once.

Right.  Because they're mostly dumb people.  Football players and coaches aren't exactly MENSA candidates outside of a select few.

Why can't we judge dumb people?  Making judgments isn't always a bad thing.  

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Hes definitely another Macc bust. He showed absolutely nothing last year. He had 1 tackle or less in 7 out of the 13 games he started. We could literally cut him and his production could be replaced by an undrafted free agent. Total waste of the 3rd overall pick.

He had a higher PFF grade than Ed Oliver, and a half point lower grade than Josh Allen. playing on a defense that ranked 7th in the league. Please.

4 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

i wonder how healthy he was last year.  that said, we really didn't see flashes of anything, did we.  with darnold and jamal, you saw it right away.  

2 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Right.  Because they're mostly dumb people.  Football players and coaches aren't exactly MENSA candidates outside of a select few.

Why can't we judge dumb people?  Making judgments isn't always a bad thing.  

Allan Dershowitz got a massage at Epsteins house. Is he dumb

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

Bullshlt.   No "good kid"   carries a gun in NYC. Tell me he didn't know?  Jeez...  

I can not believe the level of acceptability that exists in this world for inappropriate behavior.  

This kid has shown NO desire to be a decent NFL player, now the gun.

CUT HIM.  He is a POS.  But then again, I said this about Wilkerson, Richardson and Leo.

Yet plenty of homers were bragging how great they were, double teamed etc.

You sound like Rae Caruth's mom on the courthouse steps saying here son was "a good boy".

the walking dead smh GIF

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Actually, his production was already exceeded by an undrafted free agent from the same class (Phillips).

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, genot said:

Did all the people judging QW, grow up, living as a hermit. He;s 21 yrs old. What he did was surely dumb, and illegal. Did all the moralists here ever do anything stupid, or done something that was possibly illegal, or negatively affected someone else's live. If you did, then please STFU.

I agree. But there’s also the fact he’s making millions of dollars now and there’s a level of responsibility that comes with that. He just seemed woefully unprepared in making that jump and how the Jets didn’t flag that is certainly the bigger issue anyways.

His silly interviews from last year no longer seem so endearing.  This kid might be too dumb to breathe.  He has an Alabama permit for the gun, so I'm sure he didn't bring it with him looking for trouble (a la Plaxico in a club), but come the **** on.  How dumb do you have to be to go to an airport with a firearm (in NEW YORK of all places) and not have quadruple checked the permit rules?  So, so, so painfully ******* stupid.  And please spare me the "oh come on, he's only 21 years old" bullsh*t.  Most 21 year olds have common sense.

3 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

I agree. But there’s also the fact he’s making millions of dollars now and there’s a level of responsibility that comes with that. He just seemed woefully unprepared in making that jump and how the Jets didn’t flag that is certainly the bigger issue anyways.

i know this is unrelated, but you have to believe that this somehow enters the discussion of how much money they're going to offer robbie anderson.

2 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Josh Allen had double digits sacks and more qb hits than quinnen had tackles on the year. Child please. 

Get lost. What good did his sacks do for the the Jaguars defense. they finished 18th in the league. Allen is a linebacker, not a defensive tackle. Williams role in that defense was to tie up blockers, so that our linebackers could make some plays. thats why we finished that high statistically on defense. Child, please.

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Bullshlt.   No "good kid"   carries a gun in NYC. Tell me he didn't know?  Jeez...  

I can not believe the level of acceptability that exists in this world for inappropriate behavior.  

This kid has shown NO desire to be a decent NFL player, now the gun.

CUT HIM.  He is a POS.  But then again, I said this about Wilkerson, Richardson and Leo.

Yet plenty of homers were bragging how great they were, double teamed etc.

You sound like Rae Caruth's mom on the courthouse steps saying here son was "a good boy".

Joaquin Phoenix Reaction GIF

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

You live and learn. If you don't, your screwed. He might make other mistake's in his life, but he won't do that again. Lol. Unless he's being stalked by some terrorist or something.

2 minutes ago, slimjasi said:

In all seriousness, it was obviously a boneheaded mistake.

but people often do moronic things, including good/decent people 

Q will get past this with a slap on the wrist and a minor suspension, if anything.  if he plays well this year nobody here will care, but if he sucks he'll join the folklore with guys like coples, gholston, kyle wilson, milliner and darron lee.  

8 minutes ago, genot said:

Get lost. What good did his sacks do for the the Jaguars defense. they finished 18th in the league. Allen is a linebacker, not a defensive tackle. Williams role in that defense was to tie up blockers, so that our linebackers could make some plays. thats why we finished that high statistically on defense. Child, please.

Yeah it is really smart to draft a guy 3rd overall to tie up blockers.

Way overrated player.

Horrible pick.

Disgusting pick from positional value and this teams needs.

• Post of the Week 2

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

Yeah it is really smart to draft a guy 3rd overall to tie up blockers.

Way overrated player.

Horrible pick.

Disgusting pick from positional value and this teams needs.

We still dont have an outside defense that's very impactful. It's a real problem when your best outside rusher is Brandon Copeland.

• Upvote 1

Joe Douglas' first error in judgment as the Jets GM was not taking that "blockbuster" trade package for Quinnen Williams at the trade deadline last season. It was his chance to acquire more draft capital for the non-difference maker chubby faced slacker. He didn't draft him, and now we will have to await the 4 game suspension most definitely coming for Quinnen. Trade him on draft day for a 1st rd pick in 2020 and be done with him. 

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, genot said:

Lol. Quinnen Williams is the reason why the Jets defense was good? That's an interesting take. He was invisible for most of the year. Played less than 50 percent of the snaps. And averaged a tackle a game. He did nothing last year. He even acknowledged recently he had a horrible rookie season. Why can't you?

And if you think Quinnen is better than Allen even with the hindsight of watching both of there rookie seasons, then I really cant help you. Will just agree to disagree