Quinnen Williams arrested for gun possession at JFK. (Update: Confirmed)

24 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i know this is unrelated, but you have to believe that this somehow enters the discussion of how much money they're going to offer robbie anderson.

Since Mangini left the Jets vetting process has been horrendous. How many times can they get burned by giving guys money that they shouldn’t? Trumaine Johnson? Come on

This was definitely not a mistake or a situation where he could be confused.  It's a fire arm that is going through security at an airport.  If you are dumb enough to not understand the laws of a fire arm at an airport then call your agent or a team rep.     If you can't figure that out then you probably are not smart enough to understand how to move you feet quick enough to get to the QB.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, prime21 said:

This was definitely not a mistake or a situation where he could be confused.  It's a fire arm that is going through security at an airport.  If you are dumb enough to not understand the laws of a fire arm at an airport then call your agent or a team rep.     If you can't figure that out then you probably are not smart enough to understand how to move you feet quick enough to get to the QB.

He isn't smart enough to own a gun. The pussy face needs a gun because he's a coward like most who need to be armed 24/7. 

13 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Lol. Quinnen Williams is the reason why the Jets defense was good? That's an interesting take. He was invisible for most of the year. Played less than 50 percent of the snaps. And averaged a tackle a game. He did nothing last year. He even acknowledged recently he had a horrible rookie season. Why can't you?

And if you think Quinnen is better than Allen even with the hindsight of watching both of there rookie seasons, then I really cant help you. Will just agree to disagree

13 minutes ago, Darnold Schwarzenegger said:

Lol. Quinnen Williams is the reason why the Jets defense was good? That's an interesting take. He was invisible for most of the year. Played less than 50 percent of the snaps. And averaged a tackle a game. He did nothing last year. He even acknowledged recently he had a horrible rookie season. Why can't you?

And if you think Quinnen is better than Allen even with the hindsight of watching both of there rookie seasons, then I really cant help you. Will just agree to disagree

He's a Rookie. Adams was a bust according to some here after his rookie year. Let's see if he steps it up this year. He was a contributing factor in our defense being good, yes. Adams didn't get us there all by himself.

7 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What a terrible law on the books for NY. I feel bad for him. Didn't do anything wrong other than being in NY. Hopefully he catches Skittle slack and they don't throw the book at him. Just terrible

Because of "terrible" laws on the books like this NYC has gone from over 2,000 murders a year in the early 90's down to 300 murders per year today. 

NYC now has a murder rate well below the national average.  That includes all the small towns where everybody grew up together as well as urban areas-NYC is well below average in murder rate now.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 2

Not a good move obvious a immature move.   He has a Alabama carry permit these guys just never learn.   He could of asked Steve Mc about this a native Alabamian if he was confused about this.  Seems he just totally disregarded the law not good.   RED FLAG character.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CTM said:

The reports say "trying to board an airplane", but that could be sensationalized. Do we have clarity on what that means exactly?

Was he trying to check it at the counter in some kind of travel case and just didn't have a NY permit?

Or did he try and go through the detector with it concealed / just toss it in one of those bins like it was a cell phone

Seems to me there's varying levels of dumb here.

My thinking is that he had his gun in his luggage.  TSA found it when they scanned it and arrested him prior to boarding the plane. There is no way he got through security with a weapon on him or in his carry on.  That's just not happening. 

• Upvote 1

I used to carry a WW2 mauser .25 through jfk and lga all the time back in the 80s when I drove a cab. I was young and somewhat dumb but I sure wasnt going to be a victim
QW is a slightly larger dude ... Victim ????

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

i know it was a dramatic incident. bu there are Important factors in how this will be handled legally:

1. no priors

2. young men can sometimes play dumb on a first offense (or get a benefit of the doubt it was a mistake)

3. unloaded weapon not directly on person

4. bringing said weapon on a plane (could mean a higher charge)

5. non violent nyc bail reforms

I think an attorney will argue its his weapon, he owns it legally albeit in another state. It was not loaded. It was not on his person. he made a mistake and "didn't realize he had it in his bag" maybe "he didn't realize he even had the weapon in ny" maybe a member of his household had put the weapon in his bag as temp storage without his knowledge. bottom line is, he's gonna get off with a lower charge, maybe in the worst case some type of probation with a possible nfl suspension, id put it at between 2 and 4 games. 

not what you like to see from a 22 year old guy, but i don't consider this as bad as what sheldon did years ago

Did all the people judging QW, grow up, living as a hermit. He;s 21 yrs old. What he did was surely dumb, and illegal. Did all the moralists here ever do anything stupid, or done something that was possibly illegal, or negatively affected someone else's live. If you did, then please STFU.
Not that stupid

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

45 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Joe Douglas' first error in judgment as the Jets GM was not taking that "blockbuster" trade package for Quinnen Williams at the trade deadline last season. It was his chance to acquire more draft capital for the non-difference maker chubby faced slacker. He didn't draft him, and now we will have to await the 4 game suspension most definitely coming for Quinnen. Trade him on draft day for a 1st rd pick in 2020 and be done with him. 

$21 million in dead money would've been tacked on this off-season.  That would've been terrible for this team with all of its holes on the offensive line.

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Maybe he’s just a gun owner and wanted to do the thing where you can fly your gun  with you as you travel and didn’t know what to do and was being dumb? That’s what I’m hoping happened. 

Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing.”

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

8 hours ago, BornJetsFan1983 said:

What a terrible law on the books for NY. I feel bad for him. Didn't do anything wrong other than being in NY. Hopefully he catches Skittle slack and they don't throw the book at him. Just terrible

Agree fully.  Mandatory sentences are more often than not, destructive.  It bloats the correctional system with non-violent offenders who should be out working and paying taxes instead of being a financial liability to the state. NJ/NY gun laws are also far too draconian.  Any sane, law abiding citizen who wants to conceal and carry should be able to get a licence to do so in any state if they are willing to undergo firearms proficiency training and comprehensive background check.  Given I just said that, it is also dangerous and moronic in general to let anyone walk off with a gun without first having a background check and some training.  If you are truly pro-gun, you should agree with that.  I think we are all "pro-automobile", but none of us would agree any fool should be able to buy a car and drive off with it until they insure, register and get a drivers licence.  Gun laws as they stand, IMHO are totally off balance.

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Agoldstein54 said:

i know it was a dramatic incident. bu there are Important factors in how this will be handled legally:

1. no priors

2. young men can sometimes play dumb on a first offense (or get a benefit of the doubt it was a mistake)

3. unloaded weapon not directly on person

4. bringing said weapon on a plane (could mean a higher charge)

5. non violent nyc bail reforms

I think an attorney will argue its his weapon, he owns it legally albeit in another state. It was not loaded. It was not on his person. he made a mistake and "didn't realize he had it in his bag" maybe "he didn't realize he even had the weapon in ny" maybe a member of his household had put the weapon in his bag as temp storage without his knowledge. bottom line is, he's gonna get off with a lower charge, maybe in the worst case some type of probation with a possible nfl suspension, id put it at between 2 and 4 games. 

not what you like to see from a 22 year old guy, but i don't consider this as bad as what sheldon did years ago

Agreed.  It's all going to depend on the facts of the situation.  The report "trying to board a plane" could mean a number of things:

1) he could have walked up to the ticket agent and said, I'm checking my luggage, this piece has a gun in it not realizing that NYC is going to jack you up for even trying to do the right thing when it comes to having a gun;

2) he could have walked up to the security gate with the gun concealed in a bag that went through the x-ray machine.

3) he could have had it loaded, on his person and was dumb enough to knowingly try to get through the security checkpoint.

His criminal and NFL punishment is going to come down to what the exact situation was, which we don't know yet. 

1 minute ago, THE BARON said:

Agree fully.  Mandatory sentences are more often than not, destructive.  It bloats the correctional system with non-violent offenders who should be out working and paying taxes instead of being a financial liability to the state. NJ/NY gun laws are also far too draconian.  Any sane, law abiding citizen who wants to conceal and carry should be able to get a licence to do so in any state if they are willing to undergo firearms proficiency training and comprehensive background check.  Given I just said that, it is also dangerous and moronic in general to let anyone walk off with a gun without first having a background check and some training.  If you are truly pro-gun, you should agree with that.  I think we are all "pro-automobile", but none of us would agree any fool should be able to buy a car and drive off with it until they insure, register and get a drivers licence.  Gun laws as they stand, IMHO are totally off balance.

its not just gun laws. Ill give you another even more "minor example". If you get caught for possession of weed in certain states it could be a slap on the wrist ticket, or in other states like a common wealth it could be a serious criminal offense which lands you jail time and or probation. 

lets even take that down one notch. I have a blue nose pitt bull, very sweet good girl. In some cities its just like having another dog. In other cities, having a pitt bull is for some reason very illegal and they can take your dog from you and arrest you just for having a dog of a certain breed, regardless of if they are perfectly behaved or not!

There are a lot of ambiguity in laws from state to state. Both of my parents are attorneys so id like to think i have some idea, but even with more than the basic knowledge an average person wouldn't know from state to state everything that is criminal versus non criminal. maybe you should know when it comes to a fire arm, but Im inclined to give him solely a stern warning for this one 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, CTM said:

I hated the pick too but he had good technique and a decent bit more athleticism than Leo to start with and doesn't appear to have been a gym rat. It seems like the upside arguments have some merit here

I don’t see the game-changer upside that I was told I’d see. Of course, he’s only 22 and doesn’t seem to be a professional yet, so when coupling that with his raw ability, anything’s possible as his career progresses. But specifically for next year, I don’t see him giving us much.

38 minutes ago, kelticwizard said:

Because of "terrible" laws on the books like this NYC has gone from over 2,000 murders a year in the early 90's down to 300 murders per year today. 

NYC now has a murder rate well below the national average.  That includes all the small towns where everybody grew up together as well as urban areas-NYC is well below average in murder rate now.

Then how do you explain the murder rate in Chicago which has gone thru the roof ? Similar very strict gun laws there as in NYC. 

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, Agoldstein54 said:

its not just gun laws. Ill give you another even more "minor example". If you get caught for possession of weed in certain states it could be a slap on the wrist ticket, or in other states like a common wealth it could be a serious criminal offense which lands you jail time and or probation. 

lets even take that down one notch. I have a blue nose pitt bull, very sweet good girl. In some cities its just like having another dog. In other cities, having a pitt bull is for some reason very illegal and they can take your dog from you and arrest you just for having a dog of a certain breed, regardless of if they are perfectly behaved or not!

There are a lot of ambiguity in laws from state to state. Both of my parents are attorneys so id like to think i have some idea, but even with more than the basic knowledge an average person wouldn't know from state to state everything that is criminal versus non criminal. maybe you should know when it comes to a fire arm, but Im inclined to give him solely a stern warning for this one 

Agree with you fully.  In QW's case, I'd consider the intent.  He was transporting a firearm against the law, but he had no intent to break the law even though he was ignorant of it.  He may have incorrectly believed that NY and NJ honor firearms licences from other states as MANY states do (reciprocity). He also had no intent of causing distress or harm.  Again.  It is what makes mandatory sentences destructive.  Judge should make sure Baby Huey learns the gun laws, pays a fine and is free to return to his life and his job which has been doing nothing on the football field. 

1 minute ago, Thai Jet said:

Pray that this is true but you know lawyers.

What?  We ALWAYS tell the truth! (or at least a version of the truth that serves the needs of our clients and does not have a strong likelihood of getting us disbarred)

• Haha 2