Possibilities of coronavirus affecting the Draft in Vegas...

jetsons

Honestly a draft where they just pick the players and spare me all the other bullsh*t is a major upgrade.
They won't do that the dog and pony show is too lucrative for them. They will push the draft back a few weeks then hold it in Vegas where they will still spread the coronavirus because it is too late to do all this quarentine garbage anyway.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

• Upvote 1

On 3/12/2020 at 10:56 AM, jetstream23 said:

At least as of today, I can't see any type of function worthy of showcasing where players are walking up and shaking hands with people.  We could end up with a completely virtual draft, live look-ins to players homes where they are on the sofa with family, etc.

How unfortunate.  This was setting up to be an epic Draft in Las Vegas and, hopefully, a kickstart to the rebirth of our Jets.

yea i'm out - if this was still a thing, which I imagine for a couple weeks has been in jeopardy... mostly work has made it challenging, but even if i wanted to, the imposed 14 self quarantine period returning to canada is the kiss of death...

add in the fact that i work as an HR Consultant in the health care system, means i'm super stuck here for a while. I'm not even sure i'm going to be allowed on my family trip in July.... it's all hands on deck in my industry. 

• Upvote 2

On 3/11/2020 at 6:27 PM, Dcat said:

False.  Italy just announced (today) that the virus is indeed "airborne" and survives in the air for up to 30 minutes and will infect someone as far as 15 feet from the original source (beyond the common 6 feet for most influenza).   If it were only droplets, they wouldn't linger in the air for up to 30 minutes and there would be no discussion of 6 feet vs 15 feet.  If it were just droplets, we wouldn't be having this pandemic.  It has been a lie all along.

.... What are your qualifications to make any of these statements? The flu is also droplet at killed millions with the Spanish flu. I am a physician and work regularly with critical care patients. Droplet can also linger in the air for a while. An N95 mask is not necessary. Don't spread false information it's irresponsible at a time like this. 

• Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Paradis said:

yea i'm out - if this was still a thing, which I imagine for a couple weeks has been in jeopardy... mostly work has made it challenging, but even if i wanted to, the imposed 14 self quarantine period returning to canada is the kiss of death...

add in the fact that i work as an HR Consultant in the health care system, means i'm super stuck here for a while. I'm not even sure i'm going to be allowed on my family trip in July.... it's all hands on deck in my industry. 

Heck ya man. It's going nuts, they keep reminding us that we are essential personnel. I'm like I get it I'm not gonna flake out and not show up lol. Can't imagine the fires your having to put out on your end with all the panic

• Sympathy 1

23 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

They won't do that the dog and pony show is too lucrative for them. They will push the draft back a few weeks then hold it in Vegas where they will still spread the coronavirus because it is too late to do all this quarentine garbage anyway.

And then the nfl and Disney risk getting sued plus getting players sick just in time for TC

if Goodell is smart he does a barebones broadcast and execution of the draft.  Otherwise he risks moving the 2020 season one to two months to the right and who knows if the new CBA will even allow him to do that

And then the nfl and Disney risk getting sued plus getting players sick just in time for TC

if Goodell is smart he does a barebones broadcast and execution of the draft.  Otherwise he risks moving the 2020 season one to two months to the right and who knows if the new CBA will even allow him to do that
The cba will choose the option where the players do not get the coronavirus over ending the season on time. The draft will be a big event one way or the other even if the way they do it is mail cameras to each player and have goodell broad casting at home. Sadly I do not believe any of this quarentining is going to work it just prolongs the inevitable.

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2020 at 2:39 PM, Villain The Foe said:

Anytime outbreaks like this occur that seems to have serious potential I've learned that it's best that I begin fasting. Strengthen my cells and the immune system. Viruses, including Corona will have a hard time if my body is in an autophagy state and my cells are recycling and attacking bacteria, viruses or other foreign things, using them as fuel and my immune system is in top shape.

The best way to protect yourself is to be healthy. Now is the perfect opportunity to start given that we're not currently dealing with some sort of epidemic or pandemic. The folks most susceptible would be folks who are sick or have compromised immune systems, if things do get real. 

Also, keep in mind that Corona attacks the respiratory system. I'd stop smoking if I were a smoker and start looking into things like organic Elderberry or Mullein which clears out mucus in the lungs and jump starts the lymphatic system within the chest and neck. In other words, I'd try to get healthy immediately if I felt like this was more than just propaganda. 

Staying indoors and avoiding the public wont matter if you're not healthy. If this virus becomes something like the black plague or spanish flu, it'll only be a matter of time if your body is vulnerable. Anyone who looks into history regarding things like this, the folks who mostly died were folks who were either malnourished or their immune systems were compromised. 

This isnt advice or anything, I'm just speaking my mind given that unlike Sars or the last flu that was going to be the "big one", normal everyday folk really do seem to be concerned about what's going on. Getting healthy is the best protection. 

Fasting in order to reset your immune system and clean out your body on a cellular level is like making an old car new again. Our bodies are pretty incredible in that way. 

Be safe guys. 

Are you also a Fungian?

Ask-Dr-Jason-Fung2400txt3.thumb.jpg.3ffb2ccfcedc58cfd7fa9518de4c0bcc.jpg

12 hours ago, bealeb319 said:

The cba will choose the option where the players do not get the coronavirus over ending the season on time. The draft will be a big event one way or the other even if the way they do it is mail cameras to each player and have goodell broad casting at home. Sadly I do not believe any of this quarentining is going to work it just prolongs the inevitable.

A barebones teleconference draft will be a tv ratings blockbuster mega hit with everyone forced to stay home with no sports to watch it may be the first actual sports event in months

• Upvote 1

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001106351/article/nfl-draft-to-proceed-april-2325-sans-public-events-in-las-vegas

NFL draft to proceed April 23-25 sans public events in Las Vegas

Print
  • NFL.com
  • Published: March 16, 2020 at 11:15 a.m.
  • Updated: March 16, 2020 at 11:52 a.m

The NFL announced Monday that the 2020 draft will proceed as scheduled April 23-25 and will be televised, but the annual selection process will no longer include public events in Las Vegas due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell explained in a news release that the decision to cancel events in Las Vegas was made with guidance from medical experts such as the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), and in coordination with public authorities in Nevada and Las Vegas.

The league also said that it is currently exploring "innovative options for how the process will be conducted and will provide that information as it becomes available."

"This decision reflects our foremost priority -- the health and safety of all fans and citizens," Goodell in a statement. "While this outcome is disappointing both to the NFL and to the Las Vegas community, we look forward to partnering with the Raiders, the City of Las Vegas and the Las Vegas Convention and Visitors Authority for a future NFL Draft as well as evaluating opportunities for other major NFL events in Las Vegas in the future, including the Super Bowl."

Raiders owner Mark Davis released the following statement on Monday's news:

"After careful consideration, the Las Vegas Raiders, the NFL, the NFLPA and the LVCVA have decided to cancel the 2020 Las Vegas NFL Draft celebration," Davis said. "Health and safety has always been our top priority, so despite it being a major disappointment, this was the right decision. I would like to thank Governor [Steve] Sisolak and the LVCVA for all of the passion they put into creating an event that would have been second to none. Although Las Vegas lost this chance to shine, there will be many more opportunities to show the world just what Las Vegas is made of. Whether it be the Draft, the Pro Bowl or the Super Bowl, the Sports and Entertainment Capital of the World is ready!"

The NFL announced last week that teams were prohibited from conducting pre-draft visits to team facilities due to the worldwide COVID-19 crisis.

• Sympathy 1

On 3/15/2020 at 7:44 AM, bealeb319 said:

The point is to spread out the inevitable. The same number of people will probably get infected. As physicians we just can't deal with everyone needing everything at once. Helps us to better take care of everyone who needs it. 

• Upvote 1

On 3/17/2020 at 2:29 PM, SAM SAM HE'S OUR MAN said:

raw

You know nothing happens on accident right? The disease didn't "accidentally" release itself from some random lab and it didn't just randomly create itself out of thin air. Not going to get into politics. But if you follow the market and see how badly China is exploiting it right now and the potential of driving down our dollar - all of this makes a lot of sense. 

Also chinese is not a race. Go back to school. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

You know nothing happens on accident right? The disease didn't "accidentally" release itself from some random lab and it didn't just randomly create itself out of thin air. Not going to get into politics. But if you follow the market and see how badly China is exploiting it right now and the potential of driving down our dollar - all of this makes a lot of sense. 

This is total nonsense.

4 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

@Hackenberg - Banned burner account?

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

66D02AD9-272B-4B0F-B576-6792603C12DB.jpeg.6b12fc1da82fcadf6f790708b2de67fc.jpeg

• Haha 2

20 hours ago, Irish Jet said:

This is total nonsense.

why's it nonsense? Check the market. Look at what China is doing. Nothing on this scale ever happens by coincidence. They have proven in the past when it comes to the market that they are ruthless. I'll end it there for 2 reason. 1. this aint place for me to school you on the market and politics. 2. Even if i explained what they were doing, and broke it down for you... I think it'd still be too complex for you to understand. 

2 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

1. this aint place for me to school you on the market and politics. 2. Even if i explained what they were doing, and broke it down for you... I think it'd still be too complex for you to understand. 

Well you can't tease such wisdom and not deliver.

PM if you must. I'm desperate to learn from such an economic sage.

10 hours ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

why's it nonsense? Check the market. Look at what China is doing. Nothing on this scale ever happens by coincidence. They have proven in the past when it comes to the market that they are ruthless. I'll end it there for 2 reason. 1. this aint place for me to school you on the market and politics. 2. Even if i explained what they were doing, and broke it down for you... I think it'd still be too complex for you to understand. 

BD2E574C-E9AF-4AB4-A96E-B13DCC3A980A.jpeg.429b3141b27fffcd69d7ee261961b891.jpeg

On 3/19/2020 at 2:32 AM, BklynJetsFan85 said:

?????????

• Haha 1