Would you trade Jamal Adams for Christian McCaffrey today?

Would you trade Jamal Adams for Christian McCaffrey today?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Jamal Adams for Christian McCaffrey today?

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

No, I’m confused why you’d think that Bell for McCaffrey would be viable. We’d have to give them picks too to get that done.

You don't  think we would have to give them picks if we traded Adams for him?

Are you high? McCaffery is arguably the best player on O in the entire league and he accomplished this playing on a crap Panthers team. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

Free agency is obviously the first step, but if they don’t keep Anderson, they could be trading up in the 2nd for a wr.  

I think that could be a real possibility, especially because I think there will be some first round WR talent still there at 34 or 35.   The cost would probably only be pick 79.   It will be fascinating watching this unfold.  

18 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

Let me clarify.  I don't want to trade Adams, but I would for a haul of picks.  1st and 3rd in this year's draft.

I'd use that first to draft a wr (assuming we went tackle with 11), and another offensive skill player with the third.

Doing that would allow us to draft a center with our second and then draft a edge and a back with our own thirds.

Losing Jamal would suck, but this team could be rebuilt from moving him. 

1-  OT  (Thomas)  or WR  (Lamb)

1- WR  (MIms). or OT (Jones)

2- C  (Ruiz/Hennessey)

3- RB  (Akers)

3- Edge (Kareem)

3- WR (Pittman)

4-7- BAP

If we signed a RT and a Guard I would expect this team to make the playoffs. 

But you said after the OL is rebuilt?  Eitheryou wrote a really confusing and poorly worded sentence or this is spin. .

I agree that trading Adams for a haul makes sense but this is the exact reason I have been saying the thought of trading Adams is stupid. Nobody is giving us a boatload of picks for him. I think we would only get a second round pick. He isn't  worth a first round selection. 

3 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

I think that could be a real possibility, especially because I think there will be some first round WR talent still there at 34 or 35.   The cost would probably only be pick 79.   It will be fascinating watching this unfold.  

Yes.  I also think a trade back in the first is possible, depending on how they rank the OTs. If they think josh jones is a day 1 LT starter, then this draft could get more interesting b/c they could trade back and get more day 2 picks.  But absent that, yeah, i think douglas will be working closely with gase and the scouts to identify which wrs are the best fit in this offense.  I definitely think they will be targeting certain wrs like Aiyuk. 

48 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

This really makes zero sense.  With this philosophy  you should trade every player on the team that can get draft picks back. 

I just did a quick mock draft showing what a potential trade with Dallas for their first and third could yield us.  Ignore the 2nd round pick by Dallas.  I just took the highest ranked player on the board.

-Having the extra 1st allowed me to take the best wr and still get the OT that supposedly fits Gase's system best at 17.

-I took the Center in round 2.

-Ignore the Reagor pick.

-We have a stud back to split time with Bell and maybe replace him in a year, book end Tackles for the next 5+ years, and the edge we've been missing since Abe.  We can still add another big body wr in round 4 (Pittman/Claypool). 

1826873660_ScreenShot2020-03-07at7_43_09AM.png.a858e1c5787fd12e2305cd3beeee1bd5.pngrd.

I'd still resign Beachum to a short term deal to allow the rookies to get their feet wet and a Guard.

WR- Juedy

TE- Herdon

LT- Beachum

LG- FA

C- Cushenberry

RG- Winters

RT- Rookie battle

WR- Crowder

WR- ?

RB- Bell/CEH

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Xtina said:

Click bait 

Yes and no.

I make a mock draft every year and I go through every teams fan forums to see what position and players they are talking about. In my research there is a long post about how the Panthers should consider trading McCaffrey since his value is astronomically high right now.

It's similar to Jamal 60:40 split or so saying keep:trade but it's a conversation their fans are entertaining at the right price. 

• Upvote 2

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

But you said after the OL is rebuilt?  Eitheryou wrote a really confusing and poorly worded sentence or this is spin. .

I agree that trading Adams for a haul makes sense but this is the exact reason I have been saying the thought of trading Adams is stupid. Nobody is giving us a boatload of picks for him. I think we would only get a second round pick. He isn't  worth a first round selection. 

We'd use the picks from Jamal to help rebuild the line.

How is that confusing?

• Upvote 1

Just now, T0mShane said:

I think giving Jamal Adams a huge contract is evidence of tanking 

Ya but I think you overestimated your audience to expect them to  connect  "Panthers looking to tank" .. "trade for Jamal" as thinly veiled jamal  / positional value / mcGack critique. 

Needed to be more explicit, instead you focused on the Jets motives . I mean who cares 

Just now, CTM said:

Ya but I think you overestimated your audience to expect them to  connect  "Panthers looking to tank" .. "trade for Jamal" as thinly veiled jamal  / positional value / mcGack critique. 

Needed to be more explicit, instead you focused on the Jets motives . I mean who cares 

I prefer subtlety and nuance

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Jamal’s contributions are replaceable. We need assets to fill in much more critical roster holes. I’d trade Jamal, but not for McCaffrey. He’s overdue for a HGH bust anyway.

21 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

You don't  think we would have to give them picks if we traded Adams for him?

Are you high? McCaffery is arguably the best player on O in the entire league and he accomplished this playing on a crap Panthers team. 

Look I’m not a huge Adams fan but it’s kind of crazy all these one for one deals for our best player.  If I’m trading Adams it has to be for a lot.  I want at least a couple high picks or a high pick and another established player like a OL

1 hour ago, Augustiniak said:

Ive seen philosophies about building teams, that says you should build your lines, get your qb, wr weapons, defense, and then add a rb.  Of course sometimes you find one before all other pieces are in place.  And nobody will really fault the panthers for taking mccaffery when cam was playing at a high level. The guy is awesome. 

That said, there are issues with taking rbs very high in the draft.  Look at Dallas,  they won’t pay Prescott b/c they paid Elliott.  Look at the giants, they’re going to have to pay barkley major money in 2 yrs if they want to keep him, just when they should be looking to shore up the defense, OL and weapons for jones.  

I hope the jets take a rb in the 3rd round to replace bell next year and spell him this year.  Then draft a rb in the mid rounds every other year or so to keep a rotation of different kinds of backs.  If Powell could stay healthy, he’s exactly the kind of rb you want - a mid round rb who can block, catch and get first downs.  Don’t pay rbs major money.  Look at how the Steelers did it, they knew with that OL they could stick an average rb in there and he’d be fine as long as Big Ben was in there.  The jets hopefully follow this model.

I was strictly talking about the idea of trading Adams for picks. It had nothing to do with McCaffrey. I am a big fan of his though. 

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

With the news that the Panthers are looking to tank and might go so far as to deal Christian McCaffrey, would you trade Jamal Adams for him if offered? McCaffrey would be an elite offensive weapon for Darnold and he almost single-handedly carried that Panthers offense when Newton went down. 1300 yards rushing, another 1000 receiving, and 19 total touchdowns is phenomenal and dwarfs anything Adams has ever produced on a football field. Both guys are going to need new contracts, but while the high end of the RB market is getting two year/$30 mil deals, Jamal is looking to reset the safety market with a $17mm plus, long term contract. The only argument against making this deal would be fear of McCaffrey getting hurt or breaking down, but I don’t think Adams playing ILB at 205 lbs is destined for a long career either. 

Let me know how you do when you call into WFAN with this thought provoking matter.

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

Yes but the OP said after the OL is rebuilt which is what we need to do forst and foremost.  I think if that is done, there is no glaring hole except DB and edge and it seems silly to weaken one part of the defense  to build up another

I get what you are saying but I like to look at it as trade off. What’s more important? will slightly weakening a strength help out the weakness and priority(offense), enough to justify the move?  Just based on how poorly our offense was built and the fact that we have Sam, leads me to feel the way that I do. If we had a bridge QB and wanted to build a solid/complete team for a rookie QB to thrive in(think 2009), I wouldn’t want to weaken the defense at all.

The reality is that we drafted a potential stud QB into the worst situation possible where other QBS like our backups, couldn’t even function. Despite that, Sam has shown flashes but it’s year 3 already. WE HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HIS POTENTIAL. Basically, we need to make up for lost time/damage and mismanagement that has already been done. It’s not ideal to trade your best players. This unique/sh*tshow of a Jets situation, makes it viable ONLY if the compensation is right. That’s honestly all I have to say about it being fair and reasonable without trashing Adams etc. 

38 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Okay, he is now Free Willy. He served his time and is now out on work release. But since you requested this, he is officially your responsibility. Please take him under your wing and mold him as a poster in your image.

Image result for male female rednecks

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, CanadaSteve said:

Not a chance.

We still have a guy called Leveon Bell eating up $12 million of cap space, and is still pretty good, if we actually used him.

Actually having a committee would be good for both Bell and McCaffrey and extend both their careers.  Plus they are both such good receivers one can line up split wide with the other in the backfield 

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I just did a quick mock draft showing what a potential trade with Dallas for their first and third could yield us.  Ignore the 2nd round pick by Dallas.  I just took the highest ranked player on the board.

-Having the extra 1st allowed me to take the best wr and still get the OT that supposedly fits Gase's system best at 17.

-I took the Center in round 2.

-Ignore the Reagor pick.

-We have a stud back to split time with Bell and maybe replace him in a year, book end Tackles for the next 5+ years, and the edge we've been missing since Abe.  We can still add another big body wr in round 4 (Pittman/Claypool). 

1826873660_ScreenShot2020-03-07at7_43_09AM.png.a858e1c5787fd12e2305cd3beeee1bd5.pngrd.

I'd still resign Beachum to a short term deal to allow the rookies to get their feet wet and a Guard.

WR- Juedy

TE- Herdon

LT- Beachum

LG- FA

C- Cushenberry

RG- Winters

RT- Rookie battle

WR- Crowder

WR- ?

RB- Bell/CEH

Sure, but we would not get that for Adams so what is the point?

1 hour ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

We'd use the picks from Jamal to help rebuild the line.

How is that confusing?

If you trade him now, #1 you would not be able to rebuild the line because everyone first round is  too valuable and you would not get that for Adams, and #2, you said after the OL is finished in your post. 

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

I hope Douglas signs Adams long term so these stupid "Trade Adams" threads end.

Me too.

However a year and half later expect the board to be filled with I told you sos when adams already so so production falls off and we all talk about the awful contract we signed him to.

56 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I get what you are saying but I like to look at it as trade off. What’s more important? will slightly weakening a strength help out the weakness and priority(offense), enough to justify the move?  Just based on how poorly our offense was built and the fact that we have Sam, leads me to feel the way that I do. If we had a bridge QB and wanted to build a solid/complete team for a rookie QB to thrive in(think 2009), I wouldn’t want to weaken the defense at all.

The reality is that we drafted a potential stud QB into the worst situation possible where other QBS like our backups, couldn’t even function. Despite that, Sam has shown flashes but it’s year 3 already. WE HAVE TO FIGURE OUT HIS POTENTIAL. Basically, we need to make up for lost time/damage and mismanagement that has already been done. It’s not ideal to trade your best players. This unique/sh*tshow of a Jets situation, makes it viable ONLY if the compensation is right. That’s honestly all I have to say about it being fair and reasonable without trashing Adams etc. 

Well realistically  looking at an Adams trade this season, I think the best you do is a second and maybe a 3rd but more likely  a 4th. This draft is just too loaded to give up your first for a player coming off his rookie deal. 

• Upvote 1