Would you trade Jamal Adams for Christian McCaffrey today?

Would you trade Jamal Adams for Christian McCaffrey today?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Jamal Adams for Christian McCaffrey today?

43 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Me too.

However a year and half later expect the board to be filled with I told you sos when adams already so so production falls off and we all talk about the awful contract we signed him to.

I hope not, Adams seems like a special player to me.

4 hours ago, T0mShane said:

With the news that the Panthers are looking to tank and might go so far as to deal Christian McCaffrey, would you trade Jamal Adams for him if offered? McCaffrey would be an elite offensive weapon for Darnold and he almost single-handedly carried that Panthers offense when Newton went down. 1300 yards rushing, another 1000 receiving, and 19 total touchdowns is phenomenal and dwarfs anything Adams has ever produced on a football field. Both guys are going to need new contracts, but while the high end of the RB market is getting two year/$30 mil deals, Jamal is looking to reset the safety market with a $17mm plus, long term contract. The only argument against making this deal would be fear of McCaffrey getting hurt or breaking down, but I don’t think Adams playing ILB at 205 lbs is destined for a long career either. 

Isn't it time for you to take a hiatus?  Come back a week after FA starts.

• Thumb Down 1

54 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

Well realistically  looking at an Adams trade this season, I think the best you do is a second and maybe a 3rd but more likely  a 4th. This draft is just too loaded to give up your first for a player coming off his rookie deal. 

It’ll be higher than that but I don’t think we’ll get a 1st and a 3rd which should be bare minimum to even consider so he’ll be a Jet. Just have to execute on the picks that we do have.

So for the premise of this discussion it has to be assumed that the Panthers would make the trade. 

So for the premise of the discussion it must be assumed that the Panthers would consider the players as roughly equivalent value. 

So the Panthers would have to judge Adams as valuable as a player that has averaged 113 yards from scrimmage per game and scored 39 TDS in 48 games. 

leonard nimoy wow GIF

1 hour ago, More Cowbell said:

If you trade him now, #1 you would not be able to rebuild the line because everyone first round is  too valuable and you would not get that for Adams, and #2, you said after the OL is finished in your post. 

I said after the line is rebuilt running back won’t be a priority.  So I wouldn’t trade Jamal for a running back.  But I would trade him for picks. 

What you don’t understand or are finding confusing with that is beyond me.

1 hour ago, JetsFanatic said:

I hope not, Adams seems like a special player to me.

Let me ask a serious question, i am not trolling.  Why?  Why is he seen as special other than him saying he is special.

His tackle stats are pretty good, he has had sacks last year but many vs dreg team/qbs.  He creates almost no turnovers.  He is not asked to cover often, when we are seeing our ilbs chasing guys down the field.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Okay, he is now Free Willy. He served his time and is now out on work release. But since you requested this, he is officially your responsibility. Please take him under your wing and mold him as a poster in your image.

Glad to hear it. He seems like a good guy, and I can't believe how much I miss his, um, uh... thoughts? LOL

Question. I've noticed he's left a few reps the last week or so. How do these bans work on a message board like this? You can rep, but not post?

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, 14 in Green said:

Glad to hear it. He seems like a good guy, and I can't believe how much I miss his, um, uh... thoughts? LOL

Question. I've noticed he's left a few reps the last week or so. How do these bans work on a message board like this? You can rep, but not post?

Usually @Maxman waterboards you when you are banned and tortures you. 

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, T0mShane said:

With the news that the Panthers are looking to tank and might go so far as to deal Christian McCaffrey, would you trade Jamal Adams for him if offered? McCaffrey would be an elite offensive weapon for Darnold and he almost single-handedly carried that Panthers offense when Newton went down. 1300 yards rushing, another 1000 receiving, and 19 total touchdowns is phenomenal and dwarfs anything Adams has ever produced on a football field. Both guys are going to need new contracts, but while the high end of the RB market is getting two year/$30 mil deals, Jamal is looking to reset the safety market with a $17mm plus, long term contract. The only argument against making this deal would be fear of McCaffrey getting hurt or breaking down, but I don’t think Adams playing ILB at 205 lbs is destined for a long career either. 

Yes, thank you and throw a case of Corona in for ourself young fella. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Let me ask a serious question, i am not trolling.  Why?  Why is he seen as special other than him saying he is special.

His tackle stats are pretty good, he has had sacks last year but many vs dreg team/qbs.  He creates almost no turnovers.  He is not asked to cover often, when we are seeing our ilbs chasing guys down the field.

Forget stats he makes big plays at big times. He disrupted the Cowboys two point conversion that would have tied the game, he made that play against the Giants ripping the ball out of Jones's hands for a TD that proved to be the winning margin in that game.  Also he makes tackles for loses in big situations and brings energy to the defense that is missing when isn't playing.  (Bengals & Ravens game come to mind)

I normally don’t advocate trading the teams best player but this is a special situation. I would trade Adams but  not for McCaffery but to whoever gives the most in draft picks and players. My reasoning is this      Adams game changing plays normally come when he is up on the line and rushing the passer So if the Jets draft an edge rusher ( the kid from LSU I think his name is Kareem comes to mind) Adams really becomes expendable since the drafted edge rusher and Adams essentially play the same position. Parlay the high picks received into o line and receiver help and let Greg Williams work his magic on defense again. Also as many people have stated paying upwards of 15 million for a safety that is on a team that is probably two years away from being a viable playoff contender is in my opinion not a good idea. Money saved can be used for Darnold contract (provided he truly is the real deal) and or other needs that can be addressed via free agency 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Larz said:

So for the premise of this discussion it has to be assumed that the Panthers would make the trade. 

So for the premise of the discussion it must be assumed that the Panthers would consider the players as roughly equivalent value. 

So the Panthers would have to judge Adams as valuable as a player that has averaged 113 yards from scrimmage per game and scored 39 TDS in 48 games. 

leonard nimoy wow GIF

LMAO!!! Did the Jets even score 39TDs during the same time span? 

12 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Actually having a committee would be good for both Bell and McCaffrey and extend both their careers.  Plus they are both such good receivers one can line up split wide with the other in the backfield 

Hmmmm....I just did some checking.  McCaffrey is under contract in 2020 for 5.5 million. 

So, you could have them both for about $20 million.  You run two back sets.  One is the full back at times, one is the runner.  One stays in and blocks, one goes out.  You never know who is staying in or blocking.  One can chip block and slide out one side, the other slides out the other. 
It really could be interesting.  Then, the following year, Bell's dead money is MUCH more palatable to cut. 

INTERESTING indeed.....You might have concvinced me Phil!

18 hours ago, T0mShane said:

No the argument is that under Gase he becomes a 550 yard player with 5 touchdown splitting time with 2 or 3 other backs

19 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Voted no. As presently constructed he would be a wasted talent and be a mainstay on the the IR for the Jets.

Maybe they would. They want to tank to get that 1st pick. Trading McCaffery depletes their offense significantly. And Adams is nothing more than a run stopper and does nothing significant to improve their passing defense. And while both want extensions/raises, they are both under contract so that’s a wash. Not that there’s any real talk/rumor about this in the NFL other than TomShane’s fantasy. Too bad.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:56 AM, More Cowbell said:

This really makes zero sense.  With this philosophy  you should trade every player on the team that can get draft picks back. 

Absolutely not, only players in non crucial positions who want exorbitant contracts which will handcuff the team overall!

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Eaton Beaver said:

Absolutely not, only players in non crucial positions who want exorbitant contracts which will handcuff the team overall!

Can you seriously tell me with the way the cap keeps increasing every season that his comtract is going to be an issue in year 2 ot 3 of it?