Would you trade Jamal Adams for Christian McCaffrey today?

Would you trade Jamal Adams for Christian McCaffrey today?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Would you trade Jamal Adams for Christian McCaffrey today?

On 3/7/2020 at 7:08 AM, T0mShane said:

With the news that the Panthers are looking to tank and might go so far as to deal Christian McCaffrey, would you trade Jamal Adams for him if offered? McCaffrey would be an elite offensive weapon for Darnold and he almost single-handedly carried that Panthers offense when Newton went down. 1300 yards rushing, another 1000 receiving, and 19 total touchdowns is phenomenal and dwarfs anything Adams has ever produced on a football field. Both guys are going to need new contracts, but while the high end of the RB market is getting two year/$30 mil deals, Jamal is looking to reset the safety market with a $17mm plus, long term contract. The only argument against making this deal would be fear of McCaffrey getting hurt or breaking down, but I don’t think Adams playing ILB at 205 lbs is destined for a long career either. 

Would definitely do it, but Panthers want picks so the deal would start with #11.

On 3/7/2020 at 7:08 AM, T0mShane said:

With the news that the Panthers are looking to tank and might go so far as to deal Christian McCaffrey, would you trade Jamal Adams for him if offered? McCaffrey would be an elite offensive weapon for Darnold and he almost single-handedly carried that Panthers offense when Newton went down. 1300 yards rushing, another 1000 receiving, and 19 total touchdowns is phenomenal and dwarfs anything Adams has ever produced on a football field. Both guys are going to need new contracts, but while the high end of the RB market is getting two year/$30 mil deals, Jamal is looking to reset the safety market with a $17mm plus, long term contract. The only argument against making this deal would be fear of McCaffrey getting hurt or breaking down, but I don’t think Adams playing ILB at 205 lbs is destined for a long career either. 

I voted no, but I'd trade him for a low first and a third. Take an impact position player with the first and either sign a cheap FA or use the third to replace the box safety.

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2020 at 1:31 PM, Jimmy 2 Times said:

I wouldn't make this trade, but I would trade Jamal for picks.

I think after this offensive line gets rebuilt, running back isn't a priority and i'd rather cash Jamal in for other needs. 

Amazes me that a fan base that has been nut punched for half a century by the draft is still willing to sell players for magic beans.

• Sympathy 1

I wanted McCaffrey so bad the year he came out ... I'd be torn ... But most likely ... Yes I'd make the trade ...

Everyone thought I was nuts that draft night begging to move to get McCaffery.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Upvote 1

On 3/7/2020 at 10:46 AM, Irish Jet said:

Good job in finding one of the few positions of less value.

This would be a f*cking disgrace.

Theoretically, a RB who catches passes at the rate CMC does put him in the category of high positional value, since he's more like a WR.  Though with Gase in charge, in practice, that label gets removed.  

A pass-catching RB is like a pass-rushing DT, which is a premium position.  

On 3/7/2020 at 6:08 AM, T0mShane said:

In one second flat ///but its not happening McCaffrey will be too important for a young QB