Panthers trade idea

Our thirds this year and next year and this year’s first is barely enough to get to their pick.

Our second and our third could get up to SF who needs to accumulate picks.

Would be down to give up next year’s second and other picks to get back into the second round. Carolina might be a good candidate there.

11 hours ago, nico002 said:

If they are indeed tanking for Lawrence 

let’s offer them a 3rd this year, a 3rd next year and our 1st next year for their 1st this year.

we can grab our OT and WR this year 

We'd sure hate it next year though. Kinda like the Bears this year. Oh do they want a 1st this year momma 

8 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

We'd sure hate it next year though. Kinda like the Bears this year. Oh do they want a 1st this year momma 

well the bears lost a pick, we’d have the same number of 1sts were just betting on this years draft vs next years 

12 hours ago, nico002 said:

let’s offer them a 3rd this year, a 3rd next year and our 1st next year for their 1st this year.

This isn't the worst idea you've come up with, I'll give you that. It's pretty interesting actually.

I'd like to see someone who knows how to place the point value on picks come in here and see if this works out fairly for both teams. If it does, screw it. I'm a gambler, I'll go with you on this one.

The idea is not too bad but I would not do it.  We are two solid drafts away from being in contention and we are going to get a good wr or two this year anyways.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, imo some wr other than lamb or jeudy will end up being the best wr in this draft.

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, nico002 said:

well the bears lost a pick, we’d have the same number of 1sts were just betting on this years draft vs next years 

Well lost is a tad off but yeah. they did get Mack for it.  I like this draft as much as the next guy but we will still wish we had that pick next year. 

Id consider it though .,

19 hours ago, nico002 said:

Their first and their mascot for Adams. Straight up. Just to be on the safe side for the sake of the cat.

66EDF55F-4365-4D57-B928-9E75093AD190.jpeg

10 hours ago, Beerfish said:

The idea is not too bad but I would not do it.  We are two solid drafts away from being in contention and we are going to get a good wr or two this year anyways.

I've said it before, I'll say it again, imo some wr other than lamb or jeudy will end up being the best wr in this draft.

Mims. And I think we’d need a top 15 pick to get him.

OT @ 7. Mims @ 11. Sign me up. 

On 3/7/2020 at 2:08 PM, nico002 said:

Put yourself on the other side of that deal. If Joe D got that "haul" of picks for this year's first we'd destroy him, and rightly so.

A pick next year is usually seen as being a round lower, so you're offering the equivalent of a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th pick for a high 1st. PLUS - the extra picks we get would potentially make next year's first that bit lower.

On 3/7/2020 at 9:44 PM, bealeb319 said:

Teams don't trade away top ten picks for next year picks sorry.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using JetNation.com mobile app

100%. May as well try to pry their 3rd rounder away for Nathan Shepherd, because it has more chance of happening than this lopsided "offer" here. 

F*** yeah I'd do it. Next year has no guarantees of being as deep of a draft (plus the idea/hope is our 1st round pick won't be so high again next year) -- let alone at 2 positions of the most extreme, immediate need that rarely reach free agency before age 30 (watch next year the strength will be at DT / S / ILB / TE, and again all the better tackle prospects will only project to guard or maybe RT).

But for those very reasons and more, it wouldn't stand a chance of happening. Carolina's not giving up #7 this year for what they hope will be the same slot next year (but could be #5 or #25 next year for all we know, given how much turnover this team will have, aided by that #7 pick). They're for sure not swapping this year's #7 for our 1st rounder next year for just a 3rd rounder this year and a 3rd rounder next year. Pfft -- throw in Adams and maybe then they'd say yes.

Just those 3 picks or this year's #7 overall pick, which has more trade value than half the teams' entire 2020 drafts? If by some miracle Carolina would accept one of our 2020 3rds and our 2021 1st & 3rd? Rofl, take it before they come to their senses (and before each of the other 30 teams outbid us for the same opportunity).

Amazed there are Jets fans are saying no to this. FFS it's worth doing that trade if only just to trade down again this year with it (or with our original pick at #11). 

On 3/8/2020 at 3:10 AM, Mo Lew said:

With the time ticking before we have to pay Sam I don’t hate this idea.  Wirfs, Jeudy, and Ruiz or Cushenberry in the 2nd would be pretty amazing.  

No time like the present. 

Without Sam Darnold breakout v.2.0 next year, extending him would feel a lot like the Sanchez extension.