CJ Mosley & Avery WIlliamson; Should the Jets bring Avery Back?

it's like anything else.  the whole middle of the linebacking corp was filled with jags and draft picks and they performed well.  can they repeat their performance?  hard to tell but will avery return to pre-injury form?  mosely?  i agree they need to keep good players who have good leadership qualities but everything has a risk and reward and if they trade avery or otherwise release him then those resources can be used on his replacement(s) or used elsewhere.

I’m of the belief we should retain him
If possible but I would hope to trade him over outright cutting him. Even with the savings that seems like a lost opportunity to maximize his worth.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

Crazy to think we had neither starting ILB and pretty much nobodies coming off the edge and nobodies playing CB. 

Last year was rough.... the thin roster made thinner by the day.

If these team had not conditioned me so well I would be excited that things couldn't be worse this year. But there is no floor the floor is an illusion.?

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

No wonder Neville Hewitt was rated so low he has to cover for jamal all year long and was asked to constantly cover guys he had no business even trying to cover.

Do you really believe that?  Who(or what position) was Hewitt covering regularly to "cover" for Adams?  

• Sympathy 1

2 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Do you really believe that?  Who(or what position) was Hewitt covering regularly to "cover" for Adams?  

I watched the games Hewitt was constantly covering and getting burned trying to cover wrs and slot guys.  And there is only one viable reason why he would be asked to do so.

article puts a little different spin on avery.  i mean it looked like the mlb's were doing pretty well even though they were mainly jags or rookies.  i can't see how the defense could've been ranked in the top 10 with one part of it not playing so well.  but apparently the dline play made up for much of it along with williams' scheming.  so trading or cutting avery may not be such a good idea assuming he can come back strong.  for that matter can mosely come back strong?  the jets need good players and good leaders.  that has to be factored into this decision.

• Sympathy 1

Well both MLB's going down early in the season never gave us a good idea of how good the defense would been with both in.   We do know one thing with Mosely going out in the Buffalo game made for a big downturn on D and we lost a game we should won.  That was quite obvious.   Williamson is one of the better tacklers in the game we need to hold to him for sure.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, GREENBEAN said:

I’m of the belief we should retain him
If possible but I would hope to trade him over outright cutting him. Even with the savings that seems like a lost opportunity to maximize his worth.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Ah what do you know man. We only care about what the guy with the cool beard has to say.

• Haha 1