Jump to content
HawkeyeJet

Gronkowski closing in on new deal

Recommended Posts

Gronk was way more entertaining as a football player than celebrity. Kinda like Rex in that regard. He’s not interesting.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The "Rock" is another meat head whose name will be introduced in Hollywood's star walk. "The sky is the limit'"for this type of human specimen. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, 82nd Airborne said:

The "Rock" is another meat head whose name will be introduced in Hollywood's star walk. "The sky is the limit'"for this type of human specimen. 

Do you smell what the Gronk is cooking?

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Gronk was way more entertaining as a football player than celebrity. Kinda like Rex in that regard. He’s not interesting.

Not at all. I saw him once on a internet video show and he literally suck the energy out of it. Just awkward and clumsy. I’m guessing not fun until he’s drunk. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 82nd Airborne said:

The "Rock" is another meat head whose name will be introduced in Hollywood's star walk. "The sky is the limit'"for this type of human specimen. 

This is clearly the roadmap Gronk is trying to follow.  The challenge for him is the DJ has become a pretty decent actor and he's absolutely killing it in the action genre.  Then with Ballers he made a strong showing in drama-comedy.  As of yet, I have seen nothing from Gronk that suggests he will thrive outside of the reality-TV genre.  But hey, at least he wont have to wait tables waiting for his break so there's that.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Not at all. I saw him once on a internet video show and he literally suck the energy out of it. Just awkward and clumsy. I’m guessing not fun until he’s drunk. 

I thought the same thing when I saw a bit of the New Year's Eve show that Gronk was part of in Time's Square.  It was beyond awkward.  It reached cringe-worthy status.  I had to turn it off after only a few minutes.  I'm 53 now and remember watching the New Year's Eve shows with Guy Lombardo when I was a kid.  Those were so much better.  They were entertaining and classy. Many of the contemporary celebrities that the Hollywood, the networks and record companies push are human zeros.  Pop culture has become the most excecrable force in the universe... 

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
43 minutes ago, nycdan said:

This is clearly the roadmap Gronk is trying to follow.  The challenge for him is the DJ has become a pretty decent actor and he's absolutely killing it in the action genre.  Then with Ballers he made a strong showing in drama-comedy.  As of yet, I have seen nothing from Gronk that suggests he will thrive outside of the reality-TV genre.  But hey, at least he wont have to wait tables waiting for his break so there's that.

He is one of the smartest NFL players in decades. Made millions, never cashed a check. Lives on 7 figures of endorsements.  Contrast that with our former and current players getting DWI's with guns at airports, in the car etc.     Don'y give a rat's ass about Gronk but he is smart.

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, THE BARON said:

I thought the same thing when I saw a bit of the New Year's Eve show that Gronk was part of in Time's Square.  It was beyond awkward.  It reached cringe-worthy status.  I had to turn it off after only a few minutes.  I'm 53 now and remember watching the New Year's Eve shows with Guy Lombardo when I was a kid.  Those were so much better.  They were entertaining and classy. Many of the contemporary celebrities that the Hollywood, the networks and record companies push are human zeros.  Pop culture has become the most excecrable force in the universe... 

Wow, I'm also 53 and I've read few things anywhere I agree with more. Well done. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, chirorob said:

DJ re invented himself during the attitude era of the WWE.   He made the smart transition into kids movies, where he would laugh at himself, then into the action movies.   My kids like him, everyone likes him.

Hollywood is full of idiots who can't act.

His role in the second Get Shorty movie was awesome. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Never understood why people see Gronk as "entertaining." He's just some douchey frat guy. Not a single brain cell was seen.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

He is one of the smartest NFL players in decades. Made millions, never cashed a check. Lives on 7 figures of endorsements.  Contrast that with our former and current players getting DWI's with guns at airports, in the car etc.     Don'y give a rat's ass about Gronk but he is smart.

Very true but he's about as interesting and endearing as a toilet plunger. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, southparkcpa said:

He is one of the smartest NFL players in decades. Made millions, never cashed a check. Lives on 7 figures of endorsements.  Contrast that with our former and current players getting DWI's with guns at airports, in the car etc.     Don'y give a rat's ass about Gronk but he is smart.

I don't think anyone is suggesting Gronk has character issues.  It is more a statement about pop culture and Hollywood.  When there is a huge market for a guy(s) that is *seemingly* a big clown with an unnaturally big and muscular physique, then a big part of your culture has questionable values and intellect. The Rock and Gronk may have sterling character and a quality intellect, but that is most certainly not what their pay masters are using them to push. 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

Not at all. I saw him once on a internet video show and he literally suck the energy out of it. Just awkward and clumsy. I’m guessing not fun until he’s drunk. 

Ever seen his standup? Quite literally the worst standup I've ever heard. Worse than Amy Schumer, and I'm not exaggerating. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Wow, I'm also 53 and I've read few things anywhere I agree with more. Well done. 

Thank you... I'm *REALLY* glad I'm not alone.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, PCP63 said:

Ever seen his standup? Quite literally the worst standup I've ever heard. Worse than Amy Schumer, and I'm not exaggerating. 

No and I hope I never do. Like ever. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, PCP63 said:

Never understood why people see Gronk as "entertaining." He's just some douchey frat guy. Not a single brain cell was seen.

The pat loving media adores him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Crusher said:

No and I hope I never do. Like ever. 

Now, on the other hand, Blake Griffin's standup is actually pretty good. 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Makes sense.  The NFL is basically the WWE, so it a nice easy after ball transition. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, JiF said:

Makes sense.  The NFL is basically the WWE, so it a nice easy after ball transition. 

76029E63-423D-44F0-B18F-B1DC506E1294.jpeg.0ac4fdb2c272c5665edd954a7cffe77e.jpeg

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sad that he picked the wrong era to be professional wrastlin'.  All my friends who watch WWE say it sucks now or that the sport is dead.  I have no idea why.  It's been decades since I went to the local Memorial Coliseum to watch Hulk Hogan unleash his 24 inch pythons onto the Ulimate Warrior.  I mean, I watch Raw for a few seconds sometimes but that's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

76029E63-423D-44F0-B18F-B1DC506E1294.jpeg.0ac4fdb2c272c5665edd954a7cffe77e.jpeg

The foreshadowing of this picture is really telling considering Miles Jack wasnt down.

The NFL is trash.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

He is one of the smartest NFL players in decades. Made millions, never cashed a check. Lives on 7 figures of endorsements.  Contrast that with our former and current players getting DWI's with guns at airports, in the car etc.     Don'y give a rat's ass about Gronk but he is smart.

Gronkowski came from means and a family with it's own business.  So, he had stability, guidance, and a lack of pressure to support an entire community financially.  Doesn't detract from the way he's handled his finances, but he didn't come into this on a level playing field with most of these guys you're referencing.

  • Upvote 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Listen I like Gronk about as much as most here aka not at all, but the guy is gonna get paid, will he be successful very debatable, but paid MFing A he will. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, jetstream23 said:

 

 

Punk Rock Clickbait GIF by Noise Nest Network

Exactly. I consider it more a joke than click bait because o don't get Jack squat from anyone opening this, but most definitely.

That said, Journalism seem pretty easy.  Create misleading headline=content.

Maybe the Daily News will hire me for the Jets beat

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

He is one of the smartest NFL players in decades. Made millions, never cashed a check. Lives on 7 figures of endorsements.  Contrast that with our former and current players getting DWI's with guns at airports, in the car etc.     Don'y give a rat's ass about Gronk but he is smart.

Eh.  I'd say that's a bit of a stretch.  Gronk's a character with a good agent.  An old saying from a publicist/talent rep I knew is that "You can make something from nothing but ultimately it's the client themselves that makes the difference."  And I mean look at Gronk.  It's like he was made in an advertising agency on how to appeal to football fans along every demographic  And as long as that ever present jock/strip club bouncer mentality is inoffensive and child like...  $$$$$  What's that saying about Yogi Berra. God said to Yogi, "Yogi all you gotta is just be yourself."  Well.  That's Gronk.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TNJet said:

"The Pollock Pindown"

It;s amazing when you think of old style wrestling compared to the sport now.  It's like Circe do Soleil by comparison.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...